Debbie Pavers....Grrrr.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lottie

Silly Moo
I watching a recent show with Debbie and she's just about showing how little she really knows about feet know.

"If you're a wide fitting just go up a half size" she happily quips....

Er Debbie, you don't HAVE any half sizes so how are we supposed to do that? :mysmilie_81:

And in any case, anyone with wide feet knows damn well just wearing shoes that are too long for them DOES NOT solve the problem! I have fallen up stairs because I've tried that stupid idea....and if it's not the huge toes of a larger size making me trip up, then it's me hopping down the street on one leg when the oversized shoe falls off because the heel is too loose.... (stop laughing) :mysmilie_34:

And no, stuffing insoles in the oversized shoe doesn't work either before anyone suggests that little gem... :mysmilie_701:

So Debbie, a word of advice - just make WIDER fitting shoes for us poor souls who constantly have problems getting good fitting shoes. :mysmilie_687:

I totally agree with you. I hate buying shoes. I feel I have a wide foot so sent for all the different widths once, none fitted. It turned out I was a 5 1/2 but you cant always get them. I made the mistake once of buying size 6 it doesnt work.:mysmilie_701:

completely agree Lottie :)

my left foot is actually slightly wider than my right foot due to an ankle injury years ago that has left me with poor circulation, exercise helps sometimes but not always. i normally have to go for an E width & put an insole in the right shoe, i absolutely hate shoe shopping with a passion as it's such a pain for me! roll on springtime when i can be back in my usual footwear of Mules (so forgiving when you've got 'odd' feet! :D).

i tried some pavers on not so long ago at our local outlet place & i think they're really oddly sized. my normal size 7 wouldn't fit even my right foot & the 8 was enormous...

I watching a recent show with Debbie and she's just about showing how little she really knows about feet know.

Er Debbie, you don't HAVE any half sizes so how are we supposed to do that? :mysmilie_81:

And in any case, anyone with wide feet knows damn well just wearing shoes that are too long for them DOES NOT solve the problem! I have fallen up stairs because I've tried that stupid idea....and if it's not the huge toes of a larger size making me trip up, then it's me hopping down the street on one leg when the oversized shoe falls off because the heel is too loose.... (stop laughing) :mysmilie_34:

And no, stuffing insoles in the oversized shoe doesn't work either before anyone suggests that little gem... :mysmilie_701:

So Debbie, a word of advice - just make WIDER fitting shoes for us poor souls who constantly have problems getting good fitting shoes. :mysmilie_687:

and, if they still aren't wide enough they they tend to curl up at the toes like Arabian slippers. I have feet like Fred Flintstone so I know.

I thank my mother for my bunion, my left foot is almost a normal width, but my right foot is a flipper and finding shoes that fit, look almost reasonable (not like some kind of orthopaedic shoe, which is all very well but .....) is my holy grail! Birkenstocks are wonderful, but too practical. Skechers are cute and practical, M&S sometimes fit (but I have to try on twenty different styles first) and Evans can surprise me.

I think Debbie means if you are a size 51/2 for example get a size 6 rather than a 5.:mysmilie_1711:

I think what Debbie means is: if you are a size 4 1/2 for example go for a 5 in her range.

I totally agree with you. I hate buying shoes. I feel I have a wide foot so sent for all the different widths once, none fitted. It turned out I was a 5 1/2 but you cant always get them. I made the mistake once of buying size 6 it doesnt work.:mysmilie_701:

I used to be that size before child. I had to shop for shoes in expensive shops which sold British sizes which did the proper half sizes (the European system does not have a 5 1/2 equivalent). So i'd be shelling out £40+ for Bally shoes (this was 15 years ago or more when £40 for shoes was a lot of money!)

Now my problem is, my feet are no longer, but due to various problems they are a lot wider :(

I've ended up getting some shoes from Wynsors online...I have a really comfy pair of work shoes which are not leather unfortunately, but they are really wide (had to resort to a pair of charcoal insoles to make sure my feet don't sweat) and were only about £15.

I know what you all mean, I'm completely off the scale for shoes - I got the Shoe Tailor measurer and I something like a 6EEEEEEE - yep Flipper has nothing on me :mysmilie_81: Evens's are the only shoes I can get on, the fit everyone FlyFlot come nowhere near. Thank goodness for Birki's in the Summer :mysmilie_696:

Do Birkenstock do a really wide fitting, does anyone know? I have arthritis in the heel of my left foot, which means I have a huge lump and cannot get shoes on. I have to wear a mule/flip flop type of sandal whatever the weather. I have often looked at the birkenstocks and thought they look really comfy but with the arthritis my feet are also wide, EEE. I agree with other posters about buying shoes though, I hate it. (I remember wearing 3 inch stillettos when I was at work back in the 60/70's.) Oh happy days!! J.

As far as I know they do 2 widths, and I can wear the wider ones. I must admit my width is in my toes, but I would imagain that a wider heel wouldn't be a problem. If you have a Costco nearby you would be able to try them there :mysmilie_348:

I have a pair or 2 of Birkies and I find them very wide fitting and comfy....except the sole bed is a bit hard and since I developed knee trouble, I can't wear them as much

*gutted*

Until the knee trouble I could walk miles in them!

Hi everyone, unfortunately suetheiron, I don't have a costco near me. I did see a few pairs in Boundary Mills, but I couldn't get my feet in them. (I felt a bit like the ugly sister lol). I was going to order a pair from QVC but they don't seem to specify wide fit or not. Oh Lottie, I really do sympathise, as soon as I was pregnant I was known as 'Fred Flintstone' because my feet were always swollen! Funilly enough they never seemed to go down either!! J.

Latest posts

Back