Changes to the chat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

J

JohnBennett

Guest Shopper
Good morning everyone,

Following lots of feedback, we're introducing some changes to the chat room this morning. I'm hoping that they will solve most of the issues.

The main change is that we are re-introducing the second room. I know that this has been unpopular in the past, but it seems to be the only way of letting people have a general chat with their friends and yet still have a chat that is about jewellery as well. If we let all that happen in one room, there's just no way that the Studio Team could keep up with questions and comments about jewellery.

So, from later this morning, there will be the main Rocks Chat which everyone will see and second Chit Chat room that can only be accessed once you log in.

The Rocks Chat is for interacting with the broadcast. So mainly about jewellery, but if the presenter is talking about something then of course it's fine to join in. For all other chats, there's the Chit Chat room.

Of course, some of the chat at times has been completely inappropriate for either room. For this reason, we will make the chat show some basic rules when people first go on to it each day, and ask people to read the full rules.

We really love the chat and the way it allows people to give us instant feedback and talk directly to the presenter and the rest of the Studio Team and we will do everything we can to make sure it is something we can continue to offer for everyone to enjoy in as free a manner as possible.

I hope that you'll find that these changes help; as always, please feel free to contact Steve, Sarah, Jainey or myself if you'd like to discuss this.

Kind regards

John

Hi John, I can't get the Chit Chat to load. I think others are having the same problem.

thanks John and the team lets hope this works out this time round I enjoy the chat but it had become a bit unruly of late at least we know you have been taking notice of the views of your customers great service as always.

Hello everyone,

We always work here in Firefox and with our internal systems that all we develop for. Obviously with our websites we should make them work with as many browsers as possible and test them thoroughly on lots of them before we release things.

Often though, we really just want to get something released quickly to respond to an urgent need, and that's what happened here.

Andy has now hopefully fixed the issues that stopped IE7 users from being able to switch rooms. I've just tried it in IE6 and that still doesn't work. Unfortunately, I've had to let Andy out the office to go away for Valentine's so I'm afraid it will be Monday before we get to look at these issues properly!

In the meantime, if you are using Internet Explorer and have an issue with chat, you may find that is resolved by installing the lastest version of Firefox (www.getfirefox.com).

Thanks for your patience, and have a good weekend.

John

Thanks John

I use IE7 and, just to keep people updated, someone has discovered that even though you can't see the 'switch room' toggle, if you put your mouse cursor at the very top of the first piece of chat you can see, and move the cursor around slowly, on the right hand side, it may well turn into the 'hand', which, if you click, will switch you into the 'chit chat' room.

I didn't discover this, but it definitely works for me, so even if you can't see the 'switch room' toggle, have a go.

Big thanks to whoever did discover this too. :mysmilie_687:

Thanks John

I use IE7 and, just to keep people updated, someone has discovered that even though you can't see the 'switch room' toggle, if you put your mouse cursor at the very top of the first piece of chat you can see, and move the cursor around slowly, on the right hand side, it may well turn into the 'hand', which, if you click, will switch you into the 'chit chat' room.

I didn't discover this, but it definitely works for me, so even if you can't see the 'switch room' toggle, have a go.

Big thanks to whoever did discover this too. :mysmilie_687:

:mysmilie_687: Dingbat, it was driving me nuts trying to figure out how to switch, I thought I was having a really duh! moment not being able to see the toggle :mysmilie_17:

sorry about the few broswers that are still stuggling to see the new chatroom, our i.t team will address this on Monday

many thanks

steve

been watching rockstv and the chit chat room and seperate rocks chat room seems to be working well. Apart from a few tech difficulties which im sure will be fixed soon. Most people seem happy enough with it which is great, of course there a couple who are being childish and having a moan (there always are!), and im not suprised by who it is either but generally i think its a good compromise rocks have come up with to keep all (or most) people happy. :mysmilie_82::mysmilie_696:

Latest posts

Back