Lucy Hunt Talking Sh*t

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
You don't go direct to the mine, GemsTV are not in s position to get the best tanzinite. FACT

Lucy if you can watch tonights presentation at 23:46 on Monday 15th January 2010, can you really sleep at night? You should be truly ashamed of yourself.

You may be the original but is a distant memory when you were the best.

i know Graham, i saw some of her last night & pretty much sat open mouthed thinking to myself "is she describing a different company"?!

and, whilst flogging the Ambyglonite(sp?), all this "you can only get this at THE top end designer jewelers like Bvlgaria, Gucci (etc etc) and US" were just making me shake my head...is that really true? i've never heard of the stuff & really didn't see the attraction either. trying to make a selling point of the fact that "it's got more cleavage points & is likely to shatter BUT here at gems our cutters are so expert, we can make it work" really didn't seem a good tactic to me!

Last edited:
It seems that most of gemstv presenters are coming out with some pretty weird and wacky comments about them being the first - Fi made a comment yesterday, whilst presenting the faux leather bracelet on deals off wheels, when presenting the B charming range! I cant quote the exact comment, but it made me think "What a load of Sh1te"!

Are the presenters on gemstv now on commission per waffle? Who deemed it necessary for the presenters to spew such wild imaginings and nonsense - I just dont understand what has gone wrong - we are now just customers - the talk is less informative - and sometimes you feel like you have switched over to a completely alien gemstv - i mean they dont even play the caffeine rush any more - whats that all about?? :mysmilie_61: :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17: xx

Good grief, whatever next?
Quote from Lucy just now: "We're having a whole section of our evening where, quite frankly, Tiffany Jewellers might as well be in your living room."
Delusions of grandeur maybe?

i know Graham, i saw some of her last night & pretty much sat open mouthed thinking to myself "is she describing a different company"?!

and, whilst flogging the Ambyglonite(sp?), all this "you can only get this at THE top end designer jewelers like Bvlgaria, Gucci (etc etc) and US" were just making me shake my head...is that really true? i've never heard of the stuff & really didn't see the attraction either. trying to make a selling point of the fact that "it's got more cleavage points & is likely to shatter BUT here at gems our cutters are so expert, we can make it work" really didn't seem a good tactic to me!

I saw that unmentionable jewel ambyglonite :mysmilie_81: or whatever its called, and I was so not impressed with the look of it :mysmilie_73: . Unless I am much mistaken, hardly any people bought any of this type of jewel, not surprising really as it looks rather ugly. :( I think it was also on that night Lucy was flogging zultanite, and that wasnt selling well neither. Oh dear! :mysmilie_34:

You don't go direct to the mine, GemsTV are not in s position to get the best tanzinite. FACT

Lucy if you can watch tonights presentation at 23:46 on Monday 15th January 2010, can you really sleep at night? You should be truly ashamed of yourself.

You may be the original but is a distant memory when you were the best.

Just watching tonight's presentation by Lucy and it does seem if she is on a "push push push" mode. ie very hard sell mode. At one point she was flogging a big 8 or 9 carat tanzanite, and nobody bought it. There was a lady called June who might or might not have wanted to buy the jewel and Lucy seemed to try and do the hard sell on her ... think she said "You have 10 mins to buy this before the price goes up". Talk about hard sell. :mysmilie_81: I like Lucy, :) but tonight she is on a hard sell push, or she has been told to sell hard, even if people aren't particularly buying things! Not good. :(

Surely the hard sell doesn't work......does it? It would turn me right off! Plus whats the point of stirring the viewer up, even if they buy at that point there is a pretty good chance once they receive it they will just send it back in the cool cold calm light of day! :mysmilie_81:

I am wondering if the presenters on Gemstv are on commission for the jewellry items that they flog, :mysmilie_34: sell? that would explain all the hperventilating, face pulling, screaming, and shouting and acting as if one has ants in their underwear! lol and the really ridiculous OTT statements that they make; total verbal diarrhoea!!

and the music too! please for the love of mike cant they stop some of their choice dire music!! :mysmilie_17:

Either that or they have introduced targets, if don't reach yours then your out! :mysmilie_17:

She has to be stooped, I care about the consumer, IMO Miss Hunt will say anything to sell a piece of Jewellery.

She is inviting the ASA in to check on her.

it feels wrong to me, but is she actually breaking any guidelines/rules when she says something like "we cannot be beaten on price for tanzanite, that's a fact"???

only from what i've seen, but TJC always beat them on price AND quality for tanzy...

it feels wrong to me, but is she actually breaking any guidelines/rules when she says something like "we cannot be beaten on price for tanzanite, that's a fact"???

only from what i've seen, but TJC always beat them on price AND quality for tanzy...

Yes Lexxy she is. She is making false claims which cannot be substantiated. If she were to be reported to the ASA they would have to prove that they "cannot be beaten on price for Tanzanite" which they obviously couldn't do. I watched a bit of their Tanzanite programme the other day and they were miles more expensive. They were selling AA Tanzanite for more than TJC sell AAA!

Yes Lexxy she is. She is making false claims which cannot be substantiated. If she were to be reported to the ASA they would have to prove that they "cannot be beaten on price for Tanzanite" which they obviously couldn't do. I watched a bit of their Tanzanite programme the other day and they were miles more expensive. They were selling AA Tanzanite for more than TJC sell AAA!

Sounds to me as if Lucy opens her mouth before her brain has been engaged :mysmilie_61:

I don't understand why she would have made such a claim, as it would be rather tricky to prove that they were the best for price than anyone else. It would be far easier if she just got on and chatted about the tanzanite and any other jewels around it rather than make blatant claims that would be oh so difficult to prove to be right.

Even so, I must say I do like Lucy as a lady :mysmilie_374: , but I do think she does get rather over enthused and then ends up making these silly comments from time to time. Oh dear :mysmilie_81:

Sounds to me as if Lucy opens her mouth before her brain has been engaged :mysmilie_61:

I don't understand why she would have made such a claim, as it would be rather tricky to prove that they were the best for price than anyone else. It would be far easier if she just got on and chatted about the tanzanite and any other jewels around it rather than make blatant claims that would be oh so difficult to prove to be right.

Even so, I must say I do like Lucy as a lady :mysmilie_374: , but I do think she does get rather over enthused and then ends up making these silly comments from time to time. Oh dear :mysmilie_81:

Regularly I'm afraid, something of one kind or another for every item it seems to me. We've just had "what I'm about to do will change your lifestyle", then this went for £9.99 http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail...ory=webgame&game=3050006391692&colourScheme=9 It's cheap, just a bit of fun, and anyone paying £25 (even £9.99 seemed too much to me - lol) would need to have their brains tested or simply not realise what it is they've just bought (say the word diamond and some folks' sense flies out of the window).

To claim any piece of jewellery could change your lifestyle is ridiculous, but that. You could almost hear her brain searching for something to say and I completely understand that, but then that's why I've never even considered doing anything of this nature. I'm a woman, but I can see that she is probably the best looking (and maybe most :mysmilie_374:worthy) presenter on all channels that I watch. Such a pity that she can't just slow down and tone down, and then she could probably simply seduce us into buying. xxx

Regularly I'm afraid, something of one kind or another for every item it seems to me. We've just had "what I'm about to do will change your lifestyle", then this went for £9.99 http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail...ory=webgame&game=3050006391692&colourScheme=9 It's cheap, just a bit of fun, and anyone paying £25 (even £9.99 seemed too much to me - lol) would need to have their brains tested or simply not realise what it is they've just bought (say the word diamond and some folks' sense flies out of the window).

To claim any piece of jewellery could change your lifestyle is ridiculous, but that. You could almost hear her brain searching for something to say and I completely understand that, but then that's why I've never even considered doing anything of this nature. I'm a woman, but I can see that she is probably the best looking (and maybe most :mysmilie_374:worthy) presenter on all channels that I watch. Such a pity that she can't just slow down and tone down, and then she could probably simply seduce us into buying. xxx

Mmm, you are so right. :) If this lovely girl :mysmilie_374: (I am a bloke!) was to slow her speed of presentation down and modify the words that comes out of her mouth (or simply turn her brain on :mysmilie_61: ), then she would be just fine.

I am not too sure if she has been told to talk at 100 mph , or whether that's just a passing phase of hers. :mysmilie_17:

Yes she is up there right near the top of my list of sexy ladies on the jewelery TV channels :mysmilie_374:, but my number one is the oh so pretty Adina. :mysmilie_374: :mysmilie_374: I know her hair looks like a right mess at times :mysmilie_81: , but she is the sexiest presenter for me. :mysmilie_687:

Mmm, you are so right. :) If this lovely girl :mysmilie_374: (I am a bloke!) was to slow her speed of presentation down and modify the words that comes out of her mouth (or simply turn her brain on :mysmilie_61: ), then she would be just fine.

I am not too sure if she has been told to talk at 100 mph , or whether that's just a passing phase of hers. :mysmilie_17:

Yes she is up there right near the top of my list of sexy ladies on the jewelery TV channels :mysmilie_374:, but my number one is the oh so pretty Adina. :mysmilie_374: :mysmilie_374: I know her hair looks like a right mess at times :mysmilie_81: , but she is the sexiest presenter for me. :mysmilie_687:

Aha, so it's the slightly dirty and unkempt gypsy type lady for you eh? The male equivalent of a "bit of rough" for the ladies :mysmilie_61:

Sadly I expect no change in Lucy's technique as she came to us knowing little, but shouting that little at us anyway. We knew more about her friends, and her anutie's friends than we learned about what she was selling. xxx

Aha, so it's the slightly dirty and unkempt gypsy type lady for you eh? The male equivalent of a "bit of rough" for the ladies :mysmilie_61:

Sadly I expect no change in Lucy's technique as she came to us knowing little, but shouting that little at us anyway. We knew more about her friends, and her anutie's friends than we learned about what she was selling. xxx

On Adina: Mmm, I think she is sexy :mysmilie_374:, and she has a pretty face :mysmilie_374: :mysmilie_374: , but her hair could do with a bit of something doing to it - she seems to favour the unkempt approach for some reason. :mysmilie_81: Even so, she is still my favourite eye candy on the channel. :mysmilie_374:

On Lucy: I quite like the look of her as well :mysmilie_374:, but not quite as much as I like Adina.

I also agree that she does seem to hold the Olympic gold medal for waffling on a jewelery channel , and also a silver medal for discussing her aunts, and uncles etc!

I thought we were meant to be listening to a lady talking about gems, not relatives! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back