What the heck is Vicki on about!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
Someone has just emailed in to ask if she can wear her Kunzite in bright sun light and if it will fade, Vicki said no it will never fade it loves the sunlight and drinks it in then glows of a night time thats why it is called the evening gemstone!
God this woman's knowledge is terrible, with her gloopy rubies and the more included the emerald the better!
Send her on a course please :mysmilie_73:

but you're not really surprised are you? i'm not!

so, is it ignorance, mis-selling or just absolute proof that they'll say anything to get a sale these days...

Lucy was in fine form again last night flogging some tanzanite, "nobody can beat our prices, that's a fact". hmmm...

Someone has just emailed in to ask if she can wear her Kunzite in bright sun light and if it will fade, Vicki said no it will never fade it loves the sunlight and drinks it in then glows of a night time thats why it is called the evening gemstone!
God this woman's knowledge is terrible, with her gloopy rubies and the more included the emerald the better!
Send her on a course please :mysmilie_73:

That's a total disgrace that she said that! The woman really needs to be taken away and trained. Anyone who knows anything about gemstones knows that Kunzite can fade and should NEVER be worn in direct sunlight!

I'm going to send this link into the studio and suggest she reads it!
http://www.minerals.net/gemstone/gemstone/kunzite/kunzite.htm

I've just emailed too. It's bad enough that she says you want "gloopy rubies" and "the more inclusions you have in an emerald the better", but we really don't need people being told to wear Kunzite in the sun - that's just criminal!

Are you surprised?

This is a woman who describes the central diamond in a trilogy ring as a solitaire! :mysmilie_73:

I unfortunately, do not own kunzite - but I do remember Fi (Gemstv) stating quite catergorically that one should never over expose a kunzite, as it will fade the stone! and she said it was at best to not wear it at all during the day, moreso in extreme sunny conditions - best to wear it in the evening - even i absorbed that information!! it is annoying, if the presenter cannot give you the correct advice, then why bother - they make themselves look bad, and it reflects on the company that the are representing too.

Last edited:
I have a kunzite i bought from gemstv about 3 years ago I've only worn it a few times and the rest of the time its been in a jewellery box in my safe and its almost clear now admittedly it never had a lot of colour to begin with but I'm sure mine has faded even without sunlight

I have a pendant and ring from TJC and they are also kept in a dark jewellery box. The ring is ok but the pendant is now colourless. I think Kunzite is a beautiful gem but sadly I am put off buying it because of the fading problems.

Are you surprised?

This is a woman who describes the central diamond in a trilogy ring as a solitaire! :mysmilie_73:
The stupid mare has just described this as 'the solitaire in the centre'. :mysmilie_73:
658367.jpg

She's very tiresome and she previously showed this Iliana ring
638552.jpg
and said it was like 'something belonging to the Crown Jewels' which seems to be her latest favourite piece of ridiculous drivel. :mysmilie_81:

Well, you learn something new every day! I never knew that Kunzite fades. I don't own any Kunzite and it's not something that has ever tempted me, and knowing that it fades means I probably never will be tempted by it.

Thank you ladies!

PS. I have a blueberry quartz ring that I bought from QVC a couple of years ago, and its colour has definitely gone quite sort of muddy. It's still blue, but not the rich blue I'm sure it was when I bought it. OK, so it could be that it needs a good clean, but is it possible that the colour has deteriorated over time?

Latest posts

Back