Buy cheap......why not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
This has occured to me before, but I am losing patience with IW and just it seems, want to rant!

For the Lecoaspira Polti system (£600) to the handheld penguin type steam cleaners (£25) Ideal use EXACTLY the same stains, EXACTLY the same props, with EXACTLY the same results, EXACTLY the same schpeel. I really mean it, they have this childs high chair which they use the same jam on for both steamers, and Im left asking, why do I want the £600 quid one, when the £25 does exactly the ****** same.

The Bissells are the same, £300 to £89 one, we have EXACTLY the same piece of carpet, with EXACTLY the same stains, EXACTLY the same results, EXACTLY the same jokes, EXACTLY the same cleaning fluids etc etc. Surely the more expensive one is supposed to do more? Watching IW doesnt look like it for a moment!!

Hello, just want to say your post made me feel a lot better. I bought an upright steamer from qvc which is ok but I regularly ogle the polti and wonder if it really would be the business. Now I very much doubt it, plus we live in a very hard water area which soon affects any steam equipment no matter how good. Thank you for your helpful observations!

I never thought of that Cheesecake but am going to make a point of looking out for it now lol!:mysmilie_82:

A water softening/purifying system is probably the greatest thing we have ever bought as a home improvement. Flipping great and allows you to have nice things without fear of limescale damage.

A water softening/purifying system is probably the greatest thing we have ever bought as a home improvement. Flipping great and allows you to have nice things without fear of limescale damage.

IW do those too! :mysmilie_17:Did you get yours from there?
I don't live in a hard-water area any more but when I did, nothing lasted very long - especially kettles and irons.

Eh no, ours is in a little wooden crate outside and we fill it with salt every 2 weeks It's fully computerised and has made a huge improvement to the quality of life for me with eczema and for our appliances. IW is not the first place I would look to when trying to improve my life:D

I always wonder how 'baked on' these stains are when it is the same cooker and toilet every time.

Then, they always blather on about never needing chemicals again and then a couple of days later have a 'Splat & It's Gone' range of chemical cleaners....

Shopping TV is very blinkered...one hour never acknowledges others [unless it's totally unconnected like a Bamix and Paloponcho]

I'm not a scientist, but I'm sure that the concoctions they put on carpets must have some scientific basis so that they don't stain.

i'd much rather them show me how it gets unwatered down red wine out of the carpet, not diluted red wine covered in salad cream, tomato sauce, squirty cream and choccy buttons. When am I going to trip over carrying all that lot? Huh??

Oh and I'd like to see them plonk a nice hot balti all over a white rug and get that out.

I'm not a scientist, but I'm sure that the concoctions they put on carpets must have some scientific basis so that they don't stain.

i'd much rather them show me how it gets unwatered down red wine out of the carpet, not diluted red wine covered in salad cream, tomato sauce, squirty cream and choccy buttons. When am I going to trip over carrying all that lot? Huh??

Oh and I'd like to see them plonk a nice hot balti all over a white rug and get that out.

fetching Mrs J's midnight post supper pre snack snack ?:mysmilie_701:

I once tried to get red wine out of a beige carpet using just a piece of garlic bread.

It didn't work. Just thought I'd pass nugget that on.

You can usually get most carp out of your carpet when you've just spilt it. Let them show it removing stains that were there 10 years ago when you moved in.

The stuff they smear on everything in the kitchen and over the bathroom suite/ tiles looks like gravy browning to me.....that comes off with a quick wipe with a damp cloth in the real world!

And don't forget the Karchers!

Always demo'd on the same items even when several hundred pounds more in price than the last model they flogged...

Latest posts

Back