Too slow!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Why are Gems talking so long on each game before the price drops, and between games?

Geddonwivit!

I've tried watching because they seem to have some good deals at the moment, but it's impossible not to lose interest when it's moving so slowly. Wouldn't they sell more, too, by going a bit faster?

I've noticed this too, and when a presenter comes on, especially Scruffy Russell, they can waste a good 10 minutes talking waffle and hyping pieces coming up.... what a waste of airtime.

I've noticed this too, and when a presenter comes on, especially Scruffy Russell, they can waste a good 10 minutes talking waffle and hyping pieces coming up.... what a waste of airtime.

Well he did have the highest sell rate at sit-up (or some such similar waffle) dontcha know? I'd say he seems to think that just one glance at him is enough to make us get out our purses/wallets. Thus the longer he's on screen rather than the jewellery, we're more likely to scrabble to buy what's on offer - WRONG! Quite the opposite for me, if I saw him on the street I'd be zipping up me bag and clutching it to me bosom! :mysmilie_61: Angeline has just had a high-paced session of gold necklaces and they were flying, fully sold out. :mysmilie_11:

To be fair, I imagine it's the producers, rather than the presenters, dictating the pace. It really stops me from watching Gems, because I just get bored.

As I said - Geddonwivit!

To be fair, I imagine it's the producers, rather than the presenters, dictating the pace. It really stops me from watching Gems, because I just get bored.

As I said - Geddonwivit!

I echo that Miss M. Too much time chatting about a piece before the price drops finally and then too little time on the clock (often only 90 secs) for some folks to get to a phone/computer to buy. Needs a more even balance and more particulars about a piece should be given also......I want to know gold weight, gemstone sizes and see a good profile shot. Not too much to ask is it.....in return for my dosh? :mysmilie_678:

James last night said "it's going to be fast & furious" about 5 times as they wanted to get thru' 20 odd items instead of the normal 8 in an hour (8?! is that all?), then proceeded to take forever & a day to show anything!

i'd flicked back to the olympics & watched a skeleton run or 2, come back to gems & he still hadn't got around to selling the same item! ridiculous...

Latest posts

Back