The presenters on TJC look washed out

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rocksandcofan

Registered Shopper
Just watched (a few minutes after midnight) Stacey Ellis (the former presenter on rocksanco), and from what I could see of her she seemed rather washed out :mysmilie_81: in appearance compared to when she was on rocksandco. Maybe it is the lighting in the studio which caused her to look somewhat anaemic. :mysmilie_81:

I also recall seeing Ruth Linnett a week or so ago and she also looked rather washed out as well compared to her days when she used to be in the studio at rocksandco.

Maybe it's the lighting or the cameras at TJC. Any ideas? :mysmilie_687:

It's been a long Winter for us all and I'm sure most of the UK looks washed out by now.
Maybe they took notice of the advice to drop the fake tan, better washed out than orange. I think all the old R & C staff are doing fine at TJC and it's not like they had any option is it, R&C dumped them and for what......Christopher Rochford Hopkins....whoever hires and fires there should be sacked they have no idea of what they're doing. Thankfully their loss is TJC's gain.

I don't think they look washed out. If anything, they look more natural. There seemed to be a bit of a culture of fake tan overload at R&C.

I watched for a very short while last night and thought how nice Stacey looked, actually. She had a lovely dress on, her hair looked lovely and (although it's a boring word!) she really did look nice last night!

Perhaps it's because TJC use lighting which makes everything look natural rather than lighting to make the jewellery look better? I much prefer the natural look to the fake bake orange of the likes of Vicky Burton! Funny enough, hubby was channel hopping last night and landed on TJC. After a few words of disbelief that TJC had actually employed Stacey, he commented that they must have banned her fake tan as her orange arms and white hands had disappeared! I didn't have the chance to see though because he turned over very quickly!

I'm sure it is just by comparison to the other channels, I have felt at times the others should have carried the 'do not adjust your set' logo! As I've turned onto some and thought my tv was on the blink, so many of them look like they have been tangoed! Yuk!!! :mysmilie_17:

Perhaps it's because TJC use lighting which makes everything look natural rather than lighting to make the jewellery look better? I much prefer the natural look to the fake bake orange of the likes of Vicky Burton! Funny enough, hubby was channel hopping last night and landed on TJC. After a few words of disbelief that TJC had actually employed Stacey, he commented that they must have banned her fake tan as her orange arms and white hands had disappeared! I didn't have the chance to see though because he turned over very quickly!

Do you think that presenters like Vicky B et al simply like wearing "orange", or do you think they are "encouraged" to wear it to help their appearance? :mysmilie_81:

I am not a fan of the orange look, if a lady looks good enough without the orange addition then why wear it at all ! (Unless they think they look better in "orange"). :mysmilie_73:

By the way I notice we have not seen Chris Hopkins since his first appearance on rocksandco earlier this week, do you think he has a P45 in his hand already. :mysmilie_17:

I don't think they look washed out. If anything, they look more natural. There seemed to be a bit of a culture of fake tan overload at R&C.

I watched for a very short while last night and thought how nice Stacey looked, actually. She had a lovely dress on, her hair looked lovely and (although it's a boring word!) she really did look nice last night!

I saw the very nice Stacey Ellis on tonight :mysmilie_374:, and she still seems a bit anaemic to me (seems I have got used to the "orange" look from other channels!). :mysmilie_81:

Even so, I do like Stacey a lot, and she has a nice personality to go with it. Carry on the good work Stacey. :mysmilie_687:

I think they look normal and natural on TJC. i couldn't watch stacey on rocks and co because she always looked like she'd been tangoed! and her face was usually really shiny too, but on TJC she looks lovely. :mysmilie_696:

The channels all use different lighting. The lighting is actually designed to make the jewellery look very good (no surprise there) and a range of tricks are employed by ALL channels e.g. blue lights, different colour backgrounds, dark backgrounds, light backgrounds etc etc. Some lights can make diamonds look very white and sparkly when they're not!

TJC's lighting is probably the best out of them all for replicating the gemstones and jewellery which, after all, is what you want to see if you're spending money with them! I don't care what it makes the presenters look like because they're not coming with the jewellery!

Could also be because both of them have had stinking colds recently, and are just recovering.

The channels all use different lighting. The lighting is actually designed to make the jewellery look very good (no surprise there) and a range of tricks are employed by ALL channels e.g. blue lights, different colour backgrounds, dark backgrounds, light backgrounds etc etc. Some lights can make diamonds look very white and sparkly when they're not!

TJC's lighting is probably the best out of them all for replicating the gemstones and jewellery which, after all, is what you want to see if you're spending money with them! I don't care what it makes the presenters look like because they're not coming with the jewellery!

Thanks goodness for that! Although I would be quite happy to get John Scott who always makes me laugh and with his fashion knowledge I'm sure he could sort me out with some great looks, but can you imagine if they sent Chloe Marshall to Pink Pussycat :mysmilie_61:

:mysmilie_697:Now you of all people know how innocent i am, but i bet you would too :mysmilie_374: :mysmilie_698:

Moi??
14.gif

Actually I live in his home town so if I see him about when he's visiting I'll kidnap him for you! :mysmilie_697:

Moi??
14.gif

Actually I live in his home town so if I see him about when he's visiting I'll kidnap him for you! :mysmilie_697:

How kind of you :D, but when you do kidnap him, please dont corrupt or tarnish him en route...i'd like him in one piece when he arrives! :mysmilie_17:

If Krosbint's "collected" him for you, he'll be distinctly tatty round the edges. Poor man'll feel like he's been taken by a rottweiller. :mysmilie_17: xxxxx

And if I see him mooching about in Teddington where he lives now I'll kidnap him for myself. :mysmilie_12: I'll hang about in the Wimpy and have a bender while I'm waiting for him to show up. :mysmilie_61:

And if I see him mooching about in Teddington where he lives now I'll kidnap him for myself. :mysmilie_12: I'll hang about in the Wimpy and have a bender while I'm waiting for him to show up. :mysmilie_61:

Wimpy? Seriously? They still have those? At school we used to go in for a Brown Derby at lunchtime!!!!! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back