Leonie Pujol

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chess

Registered Shopper
I know I'm probably the only person in the world who feels like this, but Leonie Pujol is really driving me mad with her overenthusiastic, immature approach. I honestly feel she has sold her crafting soul by joining this company. She's very rapidly learned the bad habits required for craft presentation - everything's gorjus or stunnin', to use her own word she babbles through the programmes (saying at least once a programme that she must stop babbling!) and she interrupts the guests at least as much as the others. In fact her presentation style is becoming more and more like Ms Weightman's as the time goes on. The thing that irritates me most is the false modesty, though, and self deprecating remarks. I had the greatest respect for her crafting talent and cannot come to terms with this.

Sorry for the rant, and yes, I know there is an off button. Believe me I use it more and more but there are still some things I really want to see demonstrated.

I don't dislike her as a person, but I have to turn off after she's said "amaaaazin'" for the umpteenth time in five minutes.

can't comment as I like Leonie, she is a bit giddy but it's probably nerves, she's had a tough time of it with her baby and then her Nicky dumping her recentley, but like I said I like her, but each to their own.

What you mean is that she has become a sales woman. I thought this too, I feared her crafting skills would be all but wasted to promote the sales pitch. I cant bear Leonie at the best of times, but I do like her crafting skills, now you dont even see that, she's just reading out numbers and prices and saying how great it all is, just another sales person, why bother?

can't comment as I like Leonie, she is a bit giddy but it's probably nerves, she's had a tough time of it with her baby and then her Nicky dumping her recentley, but like I said I like her, but each to their own.

I can't see what her private life has to do with this, I'm sure she wouldn't have taken the job if she thought she wasn't up to it.....I think advertising her relationship break up as being 'dumped' on a public forum is out of order!

Personally I can take or leave her, she's another presenter at the end of the day and has a job to do, which I think she does well.

I don't enjoy her sales technique at all and I agree it's a great pity that a talented crafter has been turned into another IW/CaC drone. I think choppysocks (sorry if I'm wrong :)) made some comments a while ago about Leonie's speech patterns and her neck and whenever I see her I think of them.

I hate in when in this country we seem to big people up and then turn against them and start knocking them. I love Leonie and think she is doing a great job. I love her enthusiasm and joy at seeing gorgeous products - just as I do when I see great craft items. I like the fact that she is still coming over as "normal and ordinary" and I don't feel that she is overselling items and shouting and getting too excited as some of the others do. I also love it that she isn't perfect but just normal doing a great job. Some of the presenters and demonstraters are annoying and I find difficult to watch - but not Leonie.:mysmilie_81:

I hate in when in this country we seem to big people up and then turn against them and start knocking them. I love Leonie and think she is doing a great job. I love her enthusiasm and joy at seeing gorgeous products - just as I do when I see great craft items. I like the fact that she is still coming over as "normal and ordinary" and I don't feel that she is overselling items and shouting and getting too excited as some of the others do. I also love it that she isn't perfect but just normal doing a great job. Some of the presenters and demonstraters are annoying and I find difficult to watch - but not Leonie.:mysmilie_81:

She is not given the chance to do demonstrations which is where she excelled, how can that not be a bit disappointing for the viewer?

I can't see what her private life has to do with this, I'm sure she wouldn't have taken the job if she thought she wasn't up to it.....I think advertising her relationship break up as being 'dumped' on a public forum is out of order!

Personally I can take or leave her, she's another presenter at the end of the day and has a job to do, which I think she does well.

Actually she posted about her break up on her blog!!

Hear Hear well said.

If it is who I think it is, I have to say I find her incredibly bland and boring to watch...

I think that she is wasted presenting all these crafting shows that insist on cd roms over and over again. Nothing is more off putting than seeing these 'crafters' appearing out of the woodwork who mostly have progressed from sticking pictures on top of another into standing behind a computer, tapping a mouse throughout the programme. I was so excited to find out we were going to get C&C on freeview but to be honest, I turn over immediately I see a screen on show or the mention of cd roms and dvd's. There are crafters who actually like to cut out their own artwork and pick up new ideas from proper crafters/artists. When I see the lovely Nancy giggling away with her sticking piles and piles of die cuts I just want to scream.
Looks like I only have one Sunday a month to watch that interests me, Barbara Gray. I do love watching Sheena Douglas with her paint all over her fingers, not these bloomin 3 inch nail brigade showing you how to stick a die cut on top of itself! Been off for a week on half term and really disappointed. Leave Leonie alone, poor girl has turned into a sell sell sell presenter. Her talent should be explored with her own little workshop shows. That'll be good!

i like leonie.....& i too feel like shes wasted in front of the camera selling us items...im sure they could get any old joe blogs who can read out of camera shot saying up dates etc......
i would love to see her back demoing her great talent....

showing me ignorance i would love to know where her last name originates from...

I think that she is wasted presenting all these crafting shows that insist on cd roms over and over again. Nothing is more off putting than seeing these 'crafters' appearing out of the woodwork who mostly have progressed from sticking pictures on top of another into standing behind a computer, tapping a mouse throughout the programme. I was so excited to find out we were going to get C&C on freeview but to be honest, I turn over immediately I see a screen on show or the mention of cd roms and dvd's. There are crafters who actually like to cut out their own artwork and pick up new ideas from proper crafters/artists. When I see the lovely Nancy giggling away with her sticking piles and piles of die cuts I just want to scream.
Looks like I only have one Sunday a month to watch that interests me, Barbara Gray. I do love watching Sheena Douglas with her paint all over her fingers, not these bloomin 3 inch nail brigade showing you how to stick a die cut on top of itself! Been off for a week on half term and really disappointed. Leave Leonie alone, poor girl has turned into a sell sell sell presenter. Her talent should be explored with her own little workshop shows. That'll be good!

just had a thought [ that in itself is an achievement ]....why not if C&C insist on all these cd's & dvds..why not have leonie showing us the what & whos of how to........that dvd i would buy....:mysmilie_698:

Actually she posted about her break up on her blog!!

And that makes it alright?

From reading her post it came across as being very difficult for her to do and she was only bringing it up to save the same awkwardness that followed Jacobs death. I got the impression she would have preferred not to have advertised it......As popuar as Leonie is, I doubt her blog gets the same traffic as this forum does and that was my initial concern for my comment. I felt your 'dumped' terminology was a little brutal and disrespectful towards someone you proclaim to like.

I used to really like her on QVC but find her really annoying now, probably because shes on every time I watch C&C

I like Leonie as she is 'real' but agree she is wasted on C&C - they really should make the most of her & get her demonstrating - any of the usual numpties could present alongside her. Also agree that there is very little actual creativity on most of the shows - Barbara Gray, Glenda from Graphicus & Sheena being the exception. Don't C&C realise that if they inspire us we will buy. (Well, actually in my case, work out how to do similar effects using whatever I've got - now that's real creativity!) Say what you like about Alan Gear - & he was OTT sometimes but he was always prepared to experiment on air & encouraged viewers to 'play' which I'm all in favour of. Who buys all of these CDs anyway? I can't afford the printer ink. I too am fed up with the 'stick a topper on' brigade, & although they keep saying the cards are 'amazing', I think most of the examples they show on C&C and IW look like right dog's dinners. Anyway, glad I got that off my chest!

Latest posts

Back