Beatrix Potter CD - Angel Policy and all that!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitebuddha

Registered Shopper
Hi All, I normally just read rather than get involved but there has been a lot of noise around the Beatrix Potter Launch.

I for one cant wait to get my CD and start crafting, ( it was delivered today but i was out!!!! will have to wait until tomorrow ) I was worried about selling but it was clarified on air Wednesday and now i have read the release I am very pleased with my purchase :mysmilie_696:

For information the note is below. it clearly states we can sell the cards, i don't run a business, i just want to help support my various charities (and give a few nice cards to loved ones)

I think this point has been blown out of all proportion.

===============================================
18.02.10 - Beatrix Potter Official Usage Policy
NOTICE TO ALL CRAFTERS REGARDING USAGE POLICY ON OUR
NEW RANGE OF BEATRIX POTTER™ CRAFT PRODUCTS
Since the launch of our new range of Beatrix Potter™ crafting products we have been inundated with calls and emails from crafters telling us how much they love the products. First of all, we’d like to say a big THANK YOU for that. Your response to the range has been phenomenal and we are all really proud of it here at Crafter’s Companion.
We know, however, that lots of you have expressed an interest on how you can use the products and, in particular, whether you can sell the products you make from the Beatrix Potter™ range. So, we’ve worked with Frederick Warne & Co. Limited, the publisher and copyright holder of Beatrix Potter’s works, to clarify the position for you, so that you can use our products with confidence.
Fair Usage Policy
Our range of Beatrix Potter™ craft products have been designed for crafters to be used for making cards and other paper-based crafts. All of the Beatrix Potter™ products produced by Crafter’s Companion are copyrighted or licensed to Crafter’s Companion. All the elements available in our range come under our Fair Usage Policy. We want you to get the most value out of our range so give you permission to use our products for creating personal and resalable items as long as:
- Items are crafted by hand (no mechanical or computerised reproduction in any form is permitted)
- Items are sold to raise funds for local establishments (e.g. local schools, hospitals, community centres), or for registered charities
- Items are not sold for large-scale commercial gain (i.e. no more than 200 sold in any 12-month period)
- Items are not promoted or sold online at any time
- Items are not promoted or sold through retail outlets at any time
- Items sold give credit to Crafter’s Companion on the back
- Designs are not used as company logos, trademarks, or personal stationery

Copyright © Crafter’s Companion Limited 2010. All rights reserved.
BEATRIX POTTER™ & PETER RABBIT™ © Frederick Warne & Co. Limited 2010
Frederick Warne & Co. Limited is the owner of all copyrights and trademarks in the Beatrix Potter characters names and illustrations. Licensed by the Copyrights Group.

Latest posts

Back