Driving me ****** "Bonkers"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Steve started it off and now everyone has decided to copy him, it is driving me ****** bonkers.

Everything is a "bonkers" price or a "crazy" price!!! :mysmilie_17:

I feel for them a bit, I mean how many ways are there to exclaim that the price is good! They are always going to have to play it up - it's the basis of Rocks that they are selling quality stuff at great prices, and they can't exactly declare 'well b*gger me, what a price that is!' can they!! Lol!! I guess they all have their little 'catchphrases' that get them through and it's gonna get up some peoples noses!

Wo Wo Wee Wa is my personal favourite from Carol...always makes me think of Gladiators!! Lol!!

I feel for them a bit, I mean how many ways are there to exclaim that the price is good! They are always going to have to play it up - it's the basis of Rocks that they are selling quality stuff at great prices, and they can't exactly declare 'well b*gger me, what a price that is!' can they!! Lol!! I guess they all have their little 'catchphrases' that get them through and it's gonna get up some peoples noses!

Wo Wo Wee Wa is my personal favourite from Carol...always makes me think of Gladiators!! Lol!!

This Bonkers thing has only started happening recently, another pet hate of mine is delicious.

lets not forget "rare rare rare"! im sure we'll understand its rare if the words said once, no need for the other 2!

We'll do our best to come up with some other words I promise!

I guess it's like any word trend. Someone starts using a word quite often, others fall into the habit of using it too. Current one here is 'Doll' as a term of endearment. My sister uses it a lot, and I have found myself using it now too, much to my husbands disgust...he bloomin hates it!!!!

My personal pet hate is the incorrect use of the words 'who' and 'whom'. I know...sadness personified, and when I point it out to people they look at me as though I have completely lost the plot!! Lol!! I guess it all comes down to Diff'rent Strokes for Diff'rent Folks!!! :)

I'm very pleased that the word 'grammage' is not being used anymore - I did look it up a while ago and I think it's something to do with material - not gold, silver etc.

It must be extremely difficult to come up with different words when you are talking for 2 - 3 hours about the same topic.

I'm sure when one person comes up with a word that you might not have heard before, you will jump on it and use it yourself, forgetting that everyone else is probably doing the same thing lol.

and let us not forget that now oh so unfunny "I like iolite" :mysmilie_709:

I guess it's like any word trend. Someone starts using a word quite often, others fall into the habit of using it too. Current one here is 'Doll' as a term of endearment. My sister uses it a lot, and I have found myself using it now too, much to my husbands disgust...he bloomin hates it!!!!

My personal pet hate is the incorrect use of the words 'who' and 'whom'. I know...sadness personified, and when I point it out to people they look at me as though I have completely lost the plot!! Lol!! I guess it all comes down to Diff'rent Strokes for Diff'rent Folks!!! :)

Hey PR, how ya doin doll :mysmilie_17:

Although I'm originally from the West of Scotland I now (for my sins) live in Fife. My biggest bug bear here is their use of 'neighbour'! They call everyone their 'neighbour' but pronounce it 'neeebor'!! Their friends, colleagues, acquaintances, everyone - you name it and they're all 'neeebors'! I used to wonder what kind of house they lived in when they could have so many 'neeebors'! :mysmilie_73:

Oh Klos, I feel your pain!!! I work with a lot of Fifers as Fife is only just over the bridge, and they all call each other Neebs....see, neebors even has an abbreviation!! LMAO!!!!

Sorry to hijack this thread but never posted before and probably won't again (too frightened of things being misinterpreted, not just on here....anywhere! lol!) Also sorry to rake up the horrible thread that has now been closed (on Sunday and not Monday as was stated) but after reading it all through PrincessRacer brought up a valid point which wasn't answered and now she is banned!
Quote: "Like I said in my last post, Sarah's email address and it's association with the Tommy profile would have been highlighted right from when it was registered. I don't understand why, when Tommy has been a member on the forum for almost a year and hasn't posted since September, this has all come out now?? I would really like to know how long Graham has been aware of the link to Rocks on this account, as the timing of the whole 'public outing' seems very strange to me!" Unquote.
I too was curious why this was mentioned in that thread and it's non of my buisness why she was banned but always love reading her posts as I found them funny and very articulate. Please feel free to ignore me as I don't want to be the cause of another horrible thread I'm just a curious lurker! Hi to everyone btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back