gemsTV unique selling point. What is it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rocksandcofan

Registered Shopper
Unless I am very much mistaken , gemsTV are the only gems TV channel to offer "multi payments" for their more expensive pieces (e.g. 3 monthly payments of say £200 if say the gem originally sold at £600).

I think it is a really good idea :), so why don't the TJC's and the rocksandco's of this world follow in gemsTV steps?

It has to be true that not everyone can afford the gems on view, and times are hard at the moment for a lot of people, so I do think gemsTV have got a winner over the other gems TV channels at this point in time.

Well done gemsTV for providing this service to its customers. :)

Do you agree with me that gemsTV have done the right thing, and shouldn't others follow in their footsteps?

I'm sure I saw Rocks and Co do this once or twice (may be wrong) ...... however QVC have been doing 3 easy pays for ages.
I'm not sure I see this as a USP - I'd prefer it to be related to the products on sale.

I would never use it as I would forget and then I'd be questioning my cc bill. If I can't afford to pay for it, I don't buy it, so to me no selling point at all.

It's a good idea of spreading the cost, interest free. There aren't many places that give you interest free credit and it makes those luxury items available to people who may not have the means to pay all at once.

No interest as such, but very many times the price is a little higher. I don't actually object to that but it should be more honest. xxxx

I think the problem with GemsTV is the 3 payments come on as the click is ticking and think it rushes people into making a decision. With QVC and Ideal World you do have some thinking time and Ideal World"s Flexi basket enables you to spread the cost on all items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graham you always can cancel an order. You're not stuck with it. You can also nominate a day in advance (up to 14 days I think) for delivery. So you have that long to think about it.

It's actually 21 days Meesh, so even more brilliant, the Saturday one works out around 14 days (depending on the day of the week you order) but with the added benefit of remaining open. These flexible deliveries and open orders are the USP of Gems for me, and only require a little patience if payday isn't too far off. xxxxx

:mysmilie_687: Graham, I haven't shopped with Ideal World for yonks now, flexi-basket sounds good, how does that work? xxxxx

I didn't know you could nominate a delivery day at Gems. Is that new and how do you do it?

argeybargey said:
It's actually 21 days Meesh, so even more brilliant, the Saturday one works out around 14 days (depending on the day of the week you order) but with the added benefit of remaining open. These flexible deliveries and open orders are the USP of Gems for me, and only require a little patience if payday isn't too far off. xxxxx

:mysmilie_687: Graham, I haven't shopped with Ideal World for yonks now, flexi-basket sounds good, how does that work? xxxxx

If you buy any item that is on flexi pay you can add anything to it and spread the cost over 3 or 4 months depending on what the orginal flexi pAy item was.

Meeshoo said:
Graham you always can cancel an order. You're not stuck with it. You can also nominate a day in advance (up to 14 days I think) for delivery. So you have that long to think about it.

You would tnink they could mention that on screen, although they haven't told the poor customers about the coated diamonds, the entire channel is just a shambles IMO.

You would tnink they could mention that on screen, although they haven't told the poor customers about the coated diamonds, the entire channel is just a shambles IMO.

Graham you don't know that. You are assuming since you put a post on here and nobody replied that that's the case. Most people on here knew about it so had contacted GemsTV. Why don't you ask GemsTV themselves what they've done?

I am sure if I was wrong they would be in contact, they contact me when I am posting about Mr Russell.

But your right I will contact them tomorrow will make a good front page story.

Thanks gemcherub, didn't know about that.
Meesh, I agree with you that for an engagement ring, or special birthday/anniversary present, the spread out payments could be very useful and allow someone to buy an expensive piece that they might otherwise never have been able to afford.
However, I've seen pieces costing only £99 with three payments of £33 and I worry that this is just to lure in people who wouldn't normally dream of spending £99, but who are seduced by the thought of just £33 and in their excitement forget that they are really still paying £99. I'm sure it's all done for marketing purposes, oh dear, I'm getting so cynical in my old age!

I think the problem with GemsTV is the 3 payments come on as the click is ticking and think it rushes people into making a decision. With QVC and Ideal World you do have some thinking time and Ideal World"s Flexi basket enables you to spread the cost on all items.

I agree with you that the likes of ideal World and QVC have multi spread payments, but there are NO other gems channels that allow you to spread the cost of your gems, so it is a unique selling point for a jewelery based TV company (unless others decide to do it in due course). :mysmilie_687:

At the end of the day, they will be getting authorisation for the full amount from your card at point of sale I would imagine. I can't see them only getting the first payment authorised otherwise they could have a job getting the rest of the money out of some people! I also personally think their prices are high so I don't see the benefit. They would have to get their higher admin costs for this service back from somewhere so as usual it'll be the customer who pays.

Latest posts

Back