I have noticed!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

persianglitter

Fire up the Quattro!
I have had a forced absence from sky for 5 days, (satellite dish decided to give up the ghost) so have been flicking (flickety flicking) between jewellery channels all day today, to my hearts content - but have noticed something very strange!!! both Scott and Angeline (at different hours of the day) have on numerous occassions, referred to us, as Audience!!! Audience??? :mysmilie_81: are we now not fit enough to be considered as viewers? :mysmilie_73: turn your memories back, to a point in time,where we were called " members of the gemstv family!"; and now we are relegated to the ranks of plain old ""AUDIENCE"?? :mysmilie_11:

And just what was this afternoon show all about with adina and that bloke, fawning over the exclusive italian jewellery (its very similar to the silver and gold jewellery that the sell on the italian showcases on QVC).

And the music - who on earth is in charge of choosing the music? they should be sacked!!! The music is dire at the most, and an endurance at the best, and nothing less than mental torture at other times - could someone at gemstv PLEASE consider putting the option for us lesser mortals to at least be able to press a subtitle button?? It would be extreme BLISS!! and have its benefits? twice fold, you can mute out the dire music, and then you can mute out James Russell when he is on!!!! - and just read the subtitles - SUBLIME!!!! LOL

Last edited:
I can't bear it when a salesperson refers to customers as part of the ........ family. It's ridiculous and patronising. What's wrong with "audience"? It's what we are, and much more respectful than "viewers" and in my opinion a long overdue reference to us. They're never going to please us all.

However, yes the music is a right pain in the ****, and as for subtitles - I don't even want to read anything JR has to say so it would be just another thing to litter the screen, making the actual jewellery even less visible than it has been of late. Too much presenter, whoever they are, and not enough camera time spent on the actual pieces they are selling. xxxxx

Last edited:
I wondered where you had gone to PG! :mysmilie_697: You poor thing, a household without Sky Aaarghhhh!

'Audience' is much more fitting with the new style, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gems tv seem to be trying to turn themselves into a retro game show, cheesy music, big hair, the Lavers bloke and now us 'the audience' :mysmilie_17:

I flicked over for a few minutes whilst I was home at lunchtime, Angeline was desperately trying to flog some very dated yellow gold necklace and bracelet and she had an 'Ab Fab Patsy' hairdo, combine this with the list I've made above and all that was missing was a Morecambe & Wise 'Bring me sunshine' finale. :mysmilie_11:

I wondered where you had gone to PG! :mysmilie_697: You poor thing, a household without Sky Aaarghhhh!

'Audience' is much more fitting with the new style, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gems tv seem to be trying to turn themselves into a retro game show, cheesy music, big hair, the Lavers bloke and now us 'the audience' :mysmilie_17:

I flicked over for a few minutes whilst I was home at lunchtime, Angeline was desperately trying to flog some very dated yellow gold necklace and bracelet and she had an 'Ab Fab Patsy' hairdo, combine this with the list I've made above and all that was missing was a Morecambe & Wise 'Bring me sunshine' finale. :mysmilie_11:

Sometimes angeline comes over as so desparate, i am quite surprised, she doesnt fall down on her knees, begging and imploring us to buy! Yes i noticed the "Ab fab patsy" hairdo (nearly put pasty hairdo! lol) the only thing missing is the bottle of bolly - and of course copius amounts of fags - but I dont think in this day and age, you can now smoke on your work premise! (LOL) i bet anyway after copious amounts of bolly and fags, Angeline's hairdo would look somewhat reminiscent to an "Amy Winehouse" hairdo! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back