Baz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L

Lee Jones

Guest Shopper
Always a pleasure to watch, it's sad that he seem's to appear less now in favour of the newbies, his years of experience clearlly comes across with his gem knowledge.

i agree, barry is a gem, and the best presenter rocks have. They don't seem to be using him as much, which is a shame as barry is a professional and enjoyable presenter to watch. How i wish baz could replace all of jamies shifts!:mysmilie_17:

I like Barry too gemdreamer, he's one of my favs!
Tbh, I can't work out why Rocks TV have quite so many presenters, I would've thought they could've managed perfectly well with their original line up of 4?
It seems to be a kudos thing in TV shopping though, having more presenters than anybody else.......? :mysmilie_11:

Mind you, all these jewellery channels are like 'Mike Reids Runaround' (showing my age here and in desperate hope someone knows what I am refering to :mysmilie_697:) Everytime I switch on I'm confused who is working where!:mysmilie_61:

I like Barry too gemdreamer, he's one of my favs!
Tbh, I can't work out why Rocks TV have quite so many presenters, I would've thought they could've managed perfectly well with their original line up of 4?
It seems to be a kudos thing in TV shopping though, having more presenters than anybody else.......? :mysmilie_11:

yes thats true kitten! although isn't jamie one of the 4? in which case i'll have to disagree as i don't find him watchable, personal opinion as we all like different presenting styles.

Don't forget though that they are not simply presenters, but all rounders. Four would be very tight given hours of work, breaks, holidays, sickness and potential lengthening of hours on air. xxxxx

Don't forget though that they are not simply presenters, but all rounders. Four would be very tight given hours of work, breaks, holidays, sickness and potential lengthening of hours on air. xxxxx

I s'pose that's true Argey, when you think about it - just seems to be new people all over the place! lol
Some I like, some I'm not so keen on but either way, there's an awful lot of them!

They're going live from 8.00am from next week (apparently), so I suppose it makes sense to have lots of presenters, as it gives viewers a bit of variety, as well as making it easier for the presenters not to have to think of numerous superlatives to describe the jewellery:mysmilie_697:

I agree Lee Baz is a real trooper..my fave Rocks presenter! I actually don't mind Jamie either..at the right time of day! lol

Mind you, all these jewellery channels are like 'Mike Reids Runaround' (showing my age here and in desperate hope someone knows what I am refering to :mysmilie_697:) Everytime I switch on I'm confused who is working where!:mysmilie_61:

Me too Red and yes to Runaround! The others must be older than us I reckon if they don't remember it! lol :mysmilie_697: (I'll get my coat now before I get beaten round the head with a soggy object!)

Me too Red and yes to Runaround! The others must be older than us I reckon if they don't remember it! lol :mysmilie_697: (I'll get my coat now before I get beaten round the head with a soggy object!)

:mysmilie_348: Debsie!! :mysmilie_696: :mysmilie_61::mysmilie_61::mysmilie_61:

As a matter of interest does anybody know Barry's background? Was he a presenter before RocksTV? I had a feeling he wasn't.

I've got to agree that he seems great fun, always smiling and very easy to watch.

Hi Meesh, I'm 99.9% sure that Barry was a producer at GemsTV beforehand - he worked
in particular with Caroline Lyndsay. I was sorry when he left as he always gave very good deals!

I'm pretty sure that I heard Steve say a while ago that Barry used to be one of the camera men before he started presenting. I know I've seen him on the cameras not long after they had started on air when it was "all hands on deck"!!!

Aaaaah that rings bells now. Think Sacha may be right!

I didn't think his background was in presenting. It's amazing how those who come up a different route can be the most natural in front of the camera.

Aaaaah that rings bells now. Think Sacha may be right!

I didn't think his background was in presenting. It's amazing how those who come up a different route can be the most natural in front of the camera.

Probably for that very reason. Presenters generally seem to be taken from a showbizzy/theatrical background and are thus performing, whereas t'others are more down to earth and concentrate on whatever they are presenting rather than their own performance. A big generalisation I know, but I think probably true for the major proportion. xxxxx

I think you'll find that not only did he produce for Gems, he went over with Steve to Vinnapris too, and now with him at Rocks. :mysmilie_12:

You're right Red - I miss Vinnapris - some of the wines were pretty damned good for the prices. And yes, I like Barry too!

Yes, as has been said, he was one of the longest standing producers at Gems TV.

I remember when they were heavy on text messages, and one of them read something along the lines of how Gems TV were underpaying the workers in their jewellery making workshops.

Bazza took it quite to heart (these were the days when Steve Bennett was still at the helm) and made one of his first appearances on screen to give an emotional first hand account of how it wasn't the case.

It's a shame after recent happenings that I sharn't be ordering, maybe a less hostile channel could snap him up, he is wasted at Rocks TV.

Ah, Barry in the burger van parked in the studio that was Gems Gallery for it's early days. Happy memories.

Latest posts

Back