What do you want from your Jewellery Supplier?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

debsie

Its a spade!
Firstly, this isn't just aimed at Rocks TV, but as it appears to be the busiest of the sections I decided to post it in here to try and establish what we really want from the channels. I've tried to make a list of my 'wants' and then justify why the channels should provide each one. In some cases I may appear pedantic, but hey, thats just me, but I really am interested to see if most of us feel the same. These are in no particular order as to me, they are all equally important.

1) Quality of product. Speaks for itself, but I don't care if I am spending £5 or £500 I expect decent quality. I don't mind paying a little more to get something that lasts.

2) Customer Service. What on earth is the point of selling the most fabulous products if CS lets you down.

3) Speedy delivery and where applicable refunds. If I order something I don't want to wait weeks on end for it, and likewise if I return something I don't want to wait weeks for the monies to re-appear in my account.

4) Dare I say this - decent presenters. I want clear accurate and detailed descriptions of the item. I couldn't care less if Cheryl Cole, Beyonce or Lady Muck from Turd Hill owns a particular stone. I could care about the grading of the diamond, the hardness of the stone, any treatments, and a big thing, the aftercare. Is it suitable to wear on a daily basis? Will any treatment fade? Should I wear the stone in bright light? etc etc etc I want to see clean and tidy hands presenting the piece. If I saw an advert for lipstick on a model with rotten teeth would I buy the lipstick? No! I know the teeth are nothing to do with the lipstick but it would put me off and untidy hands showing me a ring will do the same. I don't want to hear shrieking, watch someone wriggle about like she has itching powder in her pants, or hear about what they had for dinner last night!

5) Information video's. I'm more on about the stones, or the rhodium plating of white gold (how may channels tell us that white gold items will need replating if heavily worn?) Show us the treatments please! If we have the information the more likely we are to make a decision, rather than decide not to as we don't know if x stone has been treated. If I adore a piece of lets say Pariaba coloured diamond with sky blue pink dots in, as long as I know its been lasered, diffused, drilled and coated I may well still buy it, in the knowledge I'm getting just that. I don't want to think it came out of the ground like that if it didn't. The design video's are good, but not, to me, the most important.

6) Secure payments - having had now 2 frauds done on my account I need to feel assured that it isn't happening from any of the channels I buy from.

7) Decent studio's and music. Pedantic this one, but no loud coloured studios, or loud music. I'm wanting to be able to pay full attention to the lovely bling, not be distracted by other things!

\What about you?

A great thread Debsie. Think you have covered most of what I would like to see too. Just one more to add from me,

1) Over exaggerate. It really puts me off buying!

e.g OMG I can't buy at that price, Can we check this is the correct price, Every collector needs this gemstone etc etc

Oh yes, on the presenters I forgot to add necklines for the ladies. If showing a pendant or necklace I wan to see the pendant - not a pair of 36c's threatening to make a bid for freedom onto my TV! I may want to wear the pendant to work or to a christening, wedding etc, but wouldn't dream of wearing a top that leaves little to the imagination, so how can I get a good idea of what the pendant will really look like with a sensible neckline?

I agree with all of your points Debsie. I think quality of products, whatever the price & good customer service is essential. Most of all though I too would like more information about the product itself. I don't need to be shouted at, don't need the over-acting from some of the presenters, but would like to know as much as possible about what I am considering buying.
Treatments should be disclosed & certainly gold weights etc should be given, instead of just saying "you've got a lot of gold here!" How much gold? Not everybody has intenet access to check these things.

All of your points Debsie plus:

1. Length of bracelets
2. Length of necklaces
3. Accurate ring sizes (AND accurate information about resizing that is mostly inaccurate currently)
4. Decent gold weights.
5. Good quality diamonds NOT I clarity rubbish. You can buy decent diamonds in the SI1/SI2 range that are white, clear and compliment the item. Grey, cloudy, dire diamonds devalue a piece and, in my opinion, it doesn't matter that it helps to reduce cost if the overall look is compromised.
6. This is the biggie for me. It'll come as NO surprise to know that I want to see transparency on ALL treatments both during a presentation and then on the website and even on the cards given with the product. Treatments affect value greatly and people need to make informed choices.

Meesho I've just had a thought ... you would make a perfect presenter!:mysmilie_696:

Absolutely agree with you Meesh re: I1 diamonds - yes I have some, yes I wear them, but against a decent diamond they look 'orrible! I'm slowly getting round to getting them replaced, but it would have been so much better if the pieces had arrived with a decent diamond accent in the first place!

1.Quality and value for money

2.Customer service - I hate when you cannot get to speak to someone when problems arise

3.Information on treatments and aftercare.I see fissure filled rubies on TJC now I know they may be anathema for some of the purists but I might buy some of the cheaper earings because I am famous for losing them and have stopped buying expensive ones but I would like to know for instance can they go in a sonic cleaner?I saw a yellow Kunzite the other day and wondered can that fade the same as the pink ones? These are things I would like to hear about

4. The presenters I dont really care about I buy the jewellery based on what I see.There are times when a presenter may start to grate but then I turn the sound down.Another poster made a point on another thread that resonated with me in that when I become irritated maybe I need to look to myself as in perhaps I have been watching too long for me and need to do something else.As for nails I am sure I am in the minority in that I can equate untidy hands with working in the ground which is after all where these pieces emanate from.To make matters worse and to equally lower the tone I am one of the few females who love hairy chests! My other half would give an orangutan a run for its money.I do prefer some presenters I think Gibbons is a hoot and Steve was funny on TJC this morning but if they put on a Gorrilla with amputated fingers as long as he doesnt mislead or lie if I like it Ill buy it

Very good thread debsie. :mysmilie_82:
I agree with all of the above and can only really think to add the need for complete honesty from the presenters. Some of them talk such a load of questionable garble that it puts me off buying from them immediately and in some cases how they've got away with it for so long, I'll never understand.
My pet hates: dishonesty (this includes omitting facts as well as twisting them), screaming banshees, ludicrous music and sound effects, over-acting, windowed stones and dismal diamonds. Sure there are more, but that'll do for now.

Sorry - just thought of something else and it was Jaqualina's post that made me think of this ............

1. Better cut gemstones (there are native cuts and then there are dire native cuts)

If a gem has a window then at least be honest with the viewer and say "ok, this isn't the best cut gem because it has a window but we're bringing it to you for £x and having a window has allowed you to get a bigger carat weight" etc.

Firstly, this isn't just aimed at Rocks TV, but as it appears to be the busiest of the sections I decided to post it in here to try and establish what we really want from the channels. I've tried to make a list of my 'wants' and then justify why the channels should provide each one. In some cases I may appear pedantic, but hey, thats just me, but I really am interested to see if most of us feel the same. These are in no particular order as to me, they are all equally important.

1) Quality of product. Speaks for itself, but I don't care if I am spending £5 or £500 I expect decent quality. I don't mind paying a little more to get something that lasts.

2) Customer Service. What on earth is the point of selling the most fabulous products if CS lets you down.

3) Speedy delivery and where applicable refunds. If I order something I don't want to wait weeks on end for it, and likewise if I return something I don't want to wait weeks for the monies to re-appear in my account.

4) Dare I say this - decent presenters. I want clear accurate and detailed descriptions of the item. I couldn't care less if Cheryl Cole, Beyonce or Lady Muck from Turd Hill owns a particular stone. I could care about the grading of the diamond, the hardness of the stone, any treatments, and a big thing, the aftercare. Is it suitable to wear on a daily basis? Will any treatment fade? Should I wear the stone in bright light? etc etc etc I want to see clean and tidy hands presenting the piece. If I saw an advert for lipstick on a model with rotten teeth would I buy the lipstick? No! I know the teeth are nothing to do with the lipstick but it would put me off and untidy hands showing me a ring will do the same. I don't want to hear shrieking, watch someone wriggle about like she has itching powder in her pants, or hear about what they had for dinner last night!

5) Information video's. I'm more on about the stones, or the rhodium plating of white gold (how may channels tell us that white gold items will need replating if heavily worn?) Show us the treatments please! If we have the information the more likely we are to make a decision, rather than decide not to as we don't know if x stone has been treated. If I adore a piece of lets say Pariaba coloured diamond with sky blue pink dots in, as long as I know its been lasered, diffused, drilled and coated I may well still buy it, in the knowledge I'm getting just that. I don't want to think it came out of the ground like that if it didn't. The design video's are good, but not, to me, the most important.

6) Secure payments - having had now 2 frauds done on my account I need to feel assured that it isn't happening from any of the channels I buy from.

7) Decent studio's and music. Pedantic this one, but no loud coloured studios, or loud music. I'm wanting to be able to pay full attention to the lovely bling, not be distracted by other things!

\What about you?

i agree with all your points debsie, i also want professonal, mature acting staff regardless of their job title/role in the company. And also reasonable packaging and postage fees, and honest answers if i have a problem not just a string of excuses blaming everything and everyone else. better to fix a prob quickly with an apology than to blame tom dick and harry

Yep - another good point there ladies (windows) and you have made me think of another one - its not a better emerald if it has enough jardin to warrant a ride on lawnmower!

A great thread Debsie. Think you have covered most of what I would like to see too. Just one more to add from me,

1) Over exaggerate. It really puts me off buying!

e.g OMG I can't buy at that price, Can we check this is the correct price, Every collector needs this gemstone etc etc

def agree belle, the oh my goodness this is soo low a price and you won't get it for this price elsewhere stuff really bugs me! for starters, unless they have personally contacted every single jewellery seller in the world they cannot know we can't get it for that price elsewhere! and secondly, if its a nice piece, good quality, at a reasonable price and i like and want it i will buy it, i don't need the fact its a rare gemstone rammed down my neck nor do i need to be told its the cheapest i'll find etc.

also agree with debsie on the neckline thing, not only re the too low necklines a problem, but also the high necklines so you can't see hoe a necklace or pendant would actually look on a neckline because they need to hold it practically at their chin!

and agree with meeshoo points too about better diamonds and cut stones.

Yep - another good point there ladies (windows) and you have made me think of another one - its not a better emerald if it has enough jardin to warrant a ride on lawnmower!

Yep! Or a solitaire if there is more than one gemstone! :mysmilie_697:

Actually talking of Emeralds (and apologies because this is me banging on about treatments again) NONE of the channels say if their Emeralds are oiled or filled with Opticom or something. That actually makes a difference in how you treat your gemstone in following years.

Actually talking of Emeralds (and apologies because this is me banging on about treatments again) NONE of the channels say if their Emeralds are oiled or filled with Opticom or something. That actually makes a difference in how you treat your gemstone in following years.

def need more honesty from all channels i think. I like the way TJC put if a ruby is fussure filled on the item title, be good if all channels could put details on graphics

Oh Meesh - don't start me off on the solitaire thing - it is my absolute pet hate'! Nothing annoys me more than that one! I even got close to sending in a dictionary once it got to me that much! Yes I know, I'm a saddo and need to get out more!

Great thread Debsie.

I agree with everything that's been said. I was going to add that bracelets size should be given every time (TJC please take note!) and also diamond quality. They're all quick enough to tell you when the diamonds are SI or VS but I want to know on every piece as there's nothing worse than horrible low grade, pasty looking diamonds - yuk! When they don't mention the diamonds they are usually I or lower so I steer well clear!

I may have missed this and sorry if I have, but they should also tell you about the durability of the gemstones. How many times have you heard them selling Tanzanite or Emeralds as engagement rings when neither are really suitable for everyday use? Then there's the recent incident when a TJC presenter said Kunzite will never fade and loves sunlight!!!!!

:mysmilie_73:i agree with all you have said my biggest bug bear is the banshees and the stopping of the clock or music BAN IT ALTOGETHER do they think we are morons and sometimes they talk as if we are all stupid (Weeell I AM sometimes but not where bling is involved)

I'm liking this thread.......but showing my ignorance here...Meesho, can you explain what a "window" is? I'm pretty new to gemstones, but you are so informative, I think I've learned a good bit in a short while. Thanks, :mysmilie_687:

Latest posts

Back