Two Disappointing Experiences with Rocks TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Kitty

AKA Broomstick Babe
Have placed two orders in the last two weeks. On both occasions one of my items, both over £100, have been 'oversold'.

Therefore not only is my order late, I get someone from Rocks calling me to say it's not complete.

No offer of a discount, no offer of a search for another item to replace it - just my now incomplete order two or more days late.

Seems like poor customer service to me.

Thats a real shame MissK, as one thing I've always found with Rocks is good CS. Have you tried mailing Steve or Sarah direct - it may achieve nothing, but could be worth a go. Whilst you may still not get a complete order a P & P refund or similar would I imagine help soften the blow a bit.

Steve and Sarah are both on holiday but you can email barry, steve's pr guy he may be able to help, or jainey, she's steve's sister and always been very helpful

How disappointing. Is it worth sending another e-mail to CS explaining and see what they say? Hope you do manage to get your items or at least get offered some sort of discount!

Oh what a shame MissK, very frustrating for you.

I had an order which should have been shipped on Tuesday or Wednesday but by Thursday I realised it hadn't even been shipped. Checked and sure enough it hadn't been shipped and CS said they would get it shipped on Friday. I actually asked could they now delay shipping it till Monday as it being shipped on Friday meant it would be delivered on Monday and that didn't suit. CS confirmed they had organised this so I could expect it Tuesday. What a shock I got when Friday night I get text from DPD saying it would be delivered on Monday!!!!

I sent an e-mail to CS explaining it all and to be fair they telephoned me and apologised but it still happened and like MissK said no offer of a discount, free P&P or anything to try and make up for it.

It would seems things are changing, and not for the better, as I've just said in another thread (before I realised there was another case of over-selling) - this is agaisn't the Advertising Standards Agency regulations - www.asa.org.uk.

all going abit wrong isn't it! seems they can't cope with being on sky as well as internet as quality seems to be taking a nose dive!

I'm not defending RocksTV because I haven't bought from them for ages but it's interesting that the majority of these issues have occurred at the same time as they've gone onto Sky. My guess is that their systems can't cope and are somehow misallocating. This happened at Rocks&Co as well and web buyers were always losing out (even though they had items in their baskets).

The proof of the pudding though is how a company deals with the issues. I doubt the Bennetts will go the same way as Rocks and Co because they're seasoned professionals who know that they need to keep buyers happy.

Hopefully they'll iron out the blips and will appease everybody who's had a bad experience.

In terms of QC - every single jewellery company has had these issues when they've got too big too soon. TJC, GemsTV, Rocks&Co have all suffered in the past. Again, this comes with buying in bulk and keeping up with demand. Hopefully they'll follow TJC's example and employ a QC person to double and treble check everything before it goes out of the door.

Steve and Sarah are both on holiday but you can email barry, steve's pr guy he may be able to help, or jainey, she's steve's sister and always been very helpful

On holiday?...Again? Thought they had only just got back from one?

No, they aren't on holiday, but on a bling buying trip.
I think Meesh and others are right about the problems arising at the same time as the expansion and also with the wonderful Katherine leaving. I have also had a problem with a delivery being extremely late. I only found out that two of the items in my order weren't available when I rang them and then I had to arrange for the delivery with them myself over the phone. Although polite, the CS person wasn't all that apologetic and I certainly wasn't offered a p&p refund which Katherine would have done. At another point in my communications with CS I was very surprised to receive a reply with the most appalling spelling and (imo even worse) grammar, which to me reflects badly on a company, but maybe I'm just being a pedantic, old fuddy-duddy.

No, they aren't on holiday, but on a bling buying trip.
I think Meesh and others are right about the problems arising at the same time as the expansion and also with the wonderful Katherine leaving. I have also had a problem with a delivery being extremely late. I only found out that two of the items in my order weren't available when I rang them and then I had to arrange for the delivery with them myself over the phone. Although polite, the CS person wasn't all that apologetic and I certainly wasn't offered a p&p refund which Katherine would have done. At another point in my communications with CS I was very surprised to receive a reply with the most appalling spelling and (imo even worse) grammar, which to me reflects badly on a company, but maybe I'm just being a pedantic, old fuddy-duddy.

No you are not pendantic!!! I couldn't believe it when I got couple of e-mails from CS in text speak!!!

No you are not pendantic!!! I couldn't believe it when I got couple of e-mails from CS in text speak!!!

totally agree, not pendantic at all, when i get emails or letters from a professional company i expect them to reflect just that, that they are a professional company. I would never send a company i have brought from or am dealing with in some way communication in text speak or without using spell check, so i would not be happy if i recieved it from them!

Just a quick update.

The lovely Jon has contacted me by email (I've not been around to answer my mobile) and very kindly offered to refund me the P&P on both orders.

I am very impressed Rocks are so concerned about their customers that they have gone to these lengths.

One now very happy customer.

Another happy outcome! Brilliant - well done Rocks' CS :)

PS Think I'll have to make up some excuse to speak to the "lovely Jon" lol

Great news, Miss Kitty ... very pleased for you.

Jon's had a busy day. :mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back