Be very careful when buying from sit-up.tv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dazzer27manc

Registered Shopper
Hi guys and girls my name is Darren.I am just wondering if any of you shoppers out there have had sit-up.tv take any money from your credit cards and send you goods which you have not agreed to buy.On saturday morning 27/02/10 i received an email informing me that i had won an item at the price of £270 which i had not agreed to buy.I telephoned customer services and they said it was a mistake and the transaction would be cancelled and they were very sorry.At 7.30pm this evening,i received another email telling me that the item was being sent out and the payment had been received.I telephoned customer services again tonight and they said that they were very sorry but the item has been sent out and it was too late to stop it.I explained that they had not had my authorisation to do this but the centre manager said she could not do anything about this and would need 24 hours to look into it.I can't believe that sit-up.tv can send items out to you and take money from your account without permission.I am going to trading standards tomorrow,but if this type of thing has happened to you in the past?please let me know about it.

Regards

Darren

It seems like someone knows your password. It would be very rare for Sit-up to make the mistake 2 times. If I was you, Id change your password ASAP.

What were the items? - people like this usually go for jewellery, as it is expensive.

Regards

Hi Ben,thanks for responding.it has not happened 2 times mate.It was the same item,but customer services did not cancel the transaction on the saturday morning like they said they would.my password is fine,as it shows on there records that my account was not used to buy this item.Thats why customer services said they would stop the transaction.Thank you anyway Ben.

Oh sorry mate. I must of read that wrong! Id defantly ask them to refund the postage and the poastage to return it/ ask them to take it directly back.

:D

After being told by the call centre manager on sunday evening that she would ring me back in 24 hours,i have not received any such call from Christine Llanto from the Phillipines call centre.After 48 hours i have had to try and contact her again so i rang customer services tonight,they told me that i could not speak to her because i had come through to the Indian call centre.I have been told i will receive a call from someone in the UK in the next 3 hours.I don't think i should hold my breath considering that the last 2 times sit-ups call centres have lied.

Good heavens, Dazzer, that is absolutely disgraceful.

I do hope you get a satisfactory conclusion. I think Lottie has a good idea about contacting your credit card company. They can protect you against things like this and stop payments.

I have shopped with bid tv ever since they started. but it has all gone pear shaped. last year parcels did not arrive for christmas and some were even lost by the courier. so i stopped buying. then i got a letter a few months ago saying they had changed the courier and things should be better so i gave them the benefit of the doubt and started ordering for christmas but once again they took my money and i did not receive my goods. it has been 7 weeks now and i have not had a refund. i have sent a claims form to them 4 times, they never get back to me and take ages to respond and just fob me off all the time. also the calls to them i have had to make have cost me dearly. they give the same automatic reply to customers when you email them, so they dont take notice of what you say. there is only a direct line to customer services and they wont put you through to complaints department. so you never get anywhere. this company is a disgrace.

It is easier to get to the moon that situps complaints department. We stopped buying from them a while ago now. As far as I know, Ideal World have better customer care, we've had no problems with querying them at all. I'd stick with them if I were you and ditch situps. Keep on at them though, through your bank/credit card provider and send a solicitors letter if you have to... the situps sure do situp if you do that

That sounds awful. I hope people have their complaints resolved.

ht in rhe hrll sis you bid for something if you did not wany it of you don`t want something dont bid.drop in for it

What????????????????????

Bennyxp Translator: Why the hell did you bid for something? If you don't want something, don't bid/ drop in for it! xD

Wht in rhe hrll sis you bid for something if you did not wany it of you don`t want something dont bid.drop in for it

An excellent example of why not to reply to a post when
5.gif
xxxxx

Latest posts

Back