Gutted - stone fell out

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PearlyQueen

Liverpool Supporter
My lovely apatite bangle has a hole in the middle :(
It serves me right for buying too many Rocks goodies I guess, I've only just got round to wearing it for the first time, but I bought it last May, so it's out of warranty.
I guess I'll just have to buy a replacement stone and get someone to repair it for me - but I'm kicking myself for not wearing it months ago, at least on a test run.
At least it's the very centre stone, so in the meantime I can pretend it's meant to look like that! I have to say, with some missing stones, the silverwork it used to be sitting in isn't fit to be seen, this is beautifully finished so I think I'll get away with it.
Still, not a good day - it's one of my most expensive Rocks purchases, and I agonised long and hard over whether to keep it or not. But until now, I've been loving it and had loads of compliments till disaster struck.

oh no how awfull for you. Just a thought but have you tried emailing steve or sarah to see if they can do anything for you. Hopefully you can get this delt with.

oh no how awfull for you. Just a thought but have you tried emailing steve or sarah to see if they can do anything for you. Hopefully you can get this delt with.

I think they are off on their travels but CS are worth a try.

:mysmilie_687: mb. I think since it's well and truly out of warranty it would be a bit cheeky of me to expect Rocks to get involved!

:eek: PQ Hope you can get it sorted. Which bangle is it - the flower one?

Thanks BB, I really hope so too. It's this one:

citrine008.jpg

Bizarrely, it's the single round stone in the middle that's gone walkabout! Looking at the setting, it seems like it was only held in by 2 prongs, guess there's a reason why most round stones have at least 4!

Thats the bangle I was thinking of too! Love that design I didn't buy any as they would have been too big for me - just as well :)

Anne - if I'm not mistaken there's a prong missing (or it's MUCH smaller than the others)????? Look top right at 1 o'clock. Since you obviously took that photo in summer (as there's sun in the picture and I don't think the UK has seen much of that) it looks like it was faulty on delivery. If that's the case, I'd send the photo to CS and see if they'll repair it at their cost for you.

You should also check that the marquise at the same junction is safe because it may well be loose.

M xxx

I think someone else had a similar problem with a piece, PQ, bought it and didn't wear it for a while, and then lost a stone. Rocks were very good and replaced it FOC I seem to recall.

Oh what a shame Pearly!!!! Hope you can get it fixed somehow.

:mysmilie_687: mb. I think since it's well and truly out of warranty it would be a bit cheeky of me to expect Rocks to get involved!

Thanks BB, I really hope so too. It's this one:

citrine008.jpg

Bizarrely, it's the single round stone in the middle that's gone walkabout! Looking at the setting, it seems like it was only held in by 2 prongs, guess there's a reason why most round stones have at least 4!

i don't think it would be cheeky to ask the bennetts to get involved at all pearly, as you have only just worn it it clearly is a fault with the product. Also the Bennetts are always going on about their great CS policy being a family business etc so and you have brought of them lots in the past so i see no reason at all for you not to ask them.

Well, I've had a phone call this morning from a lovely man called Jon in the Rocks IT Dept, presumably having read this thread.
He's told me there were a few problems with this design, a higher failure rate than usual. So even though it's out of warranty, if I send it back they'll try to get it repaired for me.
I'm soooo impressed by this level of CS, and thrilled that I might well be having my lovely bangle back to its blingy best soon.
So thanks to all at Rocks, especially Jon (and of course to all my lovely bling buddies for sympathy!) - I love that they cared enough to contact me!
xxxx

Well, I've had a phone call this morning from a lovely man called Jon in the Rocks IT Dept, presumably having read this thread.
He's told me there were a few problems with this design, a higher failure rate than usual. So even though it's out of warranty, if I send it back they'll try to get it repaired for me.
I'm soooo impressed by this level of CS, and thrilled that I might well be having my lovely bangle back to its blingy best soon.
So thanks to all at Rocks, especially Jon (and of course to all my lovely bling buddies for sympathy!) - I love that they cared enough to contact me!
xxxx

Jon is, I suspect John Bennett, one of the Directors and Steve's bro and I have always found him to be most helpful and he has sorted out any glitches I have had. So good he has stepped in and shows the power of having a Forum like this to air problems.

Great result PQ. It's such a lovely bangle and will look stunning in the summer. Good old Rocks!! :mysmilie_12:

Jon is, I suspect John Bennett, one of the Directors and Steve's bro and I have always found him to be most helpful and he has sorted out any glitches I have had. So good he has stepped in and shows the power of having a Forum like this to air problems.

I can't let John B take credit for Jon James's fabulous work Mr J! He was a real sweetie on the phone, apparently he used to be in the CS dept before he moved to IT.

good to see that even sfter steves rant rocks are still reading this forum and answering problems :)

I can't let John B take credit for Jon James's fabulous work Mr J! He was a real sweetie on the phone, apparently he used to be in the CS dept before he moved to IT.

Shows that any J at Gems can be helpful then - just glad you are getting good service :mysmilie_697:

sorry - off topic! :mysmilie_34:can someone tell me where i could post a thread that is about jewellery but not from any of the shopping channels, fomr a website instead? thanks:mysmilie_687:

sorry - off topic! :mysmilie_34:can someone tell me where i could post a thread that is about jewellery but not from any of the shopping channels, fomr a website instead? thanks:mysmilie_687:

We have a "bling" section in the drop. The drop is the more social side of ST where things other than shopping telly is talked about. To access the drop you need to be a VIP member, this requires a small donation which goes towards the running costs of the site.

Latest posts

Back