Whilst people are voicing disappointment....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NikkiS

Tanzanite Flasher!
Can I add my voice without fear of repercussion?

As you who know me know, I have been a dreadful Rocks addict and don't get me wrong, I recognise that I've had some lovely stuff and some brilliant bargains from them but I too feel that things have gone a bit wrong.

Some months ago I had four or five items break from two orders, totalling over a hundred pounds. lovely Suzie phoned me to ask if I wanted refund or replacement but the money was never refunded. In subsequent email conversations I was told that if I didn't have full order details etc there was nothing further they could do so I wrote off over a hundred quid's worth of money owing.

The other week I had two bracelets break in two days and made the mistake of tweeting this fact, at random really, not aimed at any result. The next day I got a voicemail from Rocks asking me to 'discuss my twitter comment' which spooked me a bit, so I emailed them and told them not to phone me unsolicited, and voicing my concerns. Subsequent to this, I lost the green amethyst out of a ring, a pink kunzite stone, the green quartz from a solitaire flew out and nearly blinded one of my students mid lesson and an emerald fell out of a cluster - oh, and my mookite necklace fell to pieces. All within a few days.

I sent a stinking email and the response was "As previously discussed, we can do nothing without order and item numbers".

I'm very disappointed, and feel very unlucky at the amount of poor goods I've been sent - totalling it up, it must come to well over £200 - the emerald cluster wasn't exactly cheap!

Added to that, my login no longer works, and I feel nervous about posting this after the response to my tweet!

N xxx

What an awful chain of events. It's very disappointing when things break - you seem to have had a worse run of luck than most. I hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction soon.

That sounds a bit weird Nikki... Did you ask if they could look up your order history from your postcode?

As you who know me know, I have been a dreadful Rocks addict and don't get me wrong, I recognise that I've had some lovely stuff and some brilliant bargains from them but I too feel that things have gone a bit wrong.

Some months ago I had four or five items break from two orders, totalling over a hundred pounds. lovely Suzie phoned me to ask if I wanted refund or replacement but the money was never refunded. In subsequent email conversations I was told that if I didn't have full order details etc there was nothing further they could do so I wrote off over a hundred quid's worth of money owing.

The other week I had two bracelets break in two days and made the mistake of tweeting this fact, at random really, not aimed at any result. The next day I got a voicemail from Rocks asking me to 'discuss my twitter comment' which spooked me a bit, so I emailed them and told them not to phone me unsolicited, and voicing my concerns. Subsequent to this, I lost the green amethyst out of a ring, a pink kunzite stone, the green quartz from a solitaire flew out and nearly blinded one of my students mid lesson and an emerald fell out of a cluster - oh, and my mookite necklace fell to pieces. All within a few days.

I sent a stinking email and the response was "As previously discussed, we can do nothing without order and item numbers".

I'm very disappointed, and feel very unlucky at the amount of poor goods I've been sent - totalling it up, it must come to well over £200 - the emerald cluster wasn't exactly cheap!

Added to that, my login no longer works, and I feel nervous about posting this after the response to my tweet!

N xxx

OMG nikki, that is awful! thats not bad luck, clearly the quality is bad now! they should have refunded you for those items and to telephone you because of a twitter comment is not on either.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but don't Rocks have all your order details on their system? If so, what's the problem with them checking?

What a time of it you're having Nikki! Have you tried contacting Steve or Sarah directly? Alternatively do you not have copies of your confirmation emails which would give you the order and item numbers? That's probably a stupid thing for me to say as I'm sure if you did have them..........!! I don't know why Rocks can't look up your account and get the relevant details from there though!

It's sad that there have been quite a few complaints about Rocks TV recently as their Customer Service used to be excellent. However if at the end of the day you don't get any satisfaction then sorry to say but you should contact Trading Standards as you are entitled to a refund/replacement if the items are not fit for the purpose for which they were sold. I'm sure that won't be necessary though if you contact Steve or Sarah direct.

Good luck.

That sounds a bit weird Nikki... Did you ask if they could look up your order history from your postcode?

I didn't think of that - although I think I have no chance at all of recouping my original return I still have the empty ring settings and suchlike from recent breakages, and my snapped bracelet.... maybe they could trace them for me?

N x

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but don't Rocks have all your order details on their system? If so, what's the problem with them checking?

You sneaked in there as I was typing Paula :mysmilie_697: Exactly what I was thinking.

I didn't think of that - although I think I have no chance at all of recouping my original return I still have the empty ring settings and suchlike from recent breakages, and my snapped bracelet.... maybe they could trace them for me?

N x

oh my goodness nikki, so you actually returned items and got no refund? thats terrible, so now you have no item and no money? def do as klos suggested and contact trading standards if its not sorted. got my fingers crossed for you

I am in shock over this Nikki. I am sure ALL companies have sales record and can and should be able to pull records up!

E-mail them asking why they can't!

I really hope someone steps in reading these comments just like calling you from your twitter comments and refund you asap :)

Just throwing out a thought ...............

I wonder if people (not you Nikki) have bought items from Ebay, they break and then they go to RocksTV saying "this has broken, I want my money back" or some such thing?

Like everybody else though, I would be amazed if they didn't have your order history UNLESS when they changed over systems everything was lost? I find that hard to believe because as a business they must have some form of back up system.

What I would say to anybody is that if you buy pieces of jewellery that are very reasonably priced it's normally that they are mass produced. This means that pieces MIGHT have missing prongs or loose gemstones, weaker links etc. If you have a bespoke piece made, each and every single bit will be checked before it's sent to you but with mass produced that's not the case. When you get your items, buy a loupe and then go over the piece with a fine tooth comb. Check that all the prongs are there and are snugly over the gemstone. If a gemstone moves (and you'll see this by pressing on each side and looking through the loupe) then it's not secure and needs the setting adjusting.

Even the best settings will lose stones BUT this should be the exception NOT the rule.

Nikki, do these items go back before the system change in December? If so that could be why they say they can't find any record of it. The supervisors DO have access to the old system so perhaps and e-mail to Tony, Jayne or Jainey would get it sorted.

Yes, Sazza, they are all older items - I have so much from there, I take my time to wear it all! Perhaps that is the case. I'm wary of contacting them again now because I sent such a stroppy email to them, I think they've lost patience with me. perhaps I should try again?

n x

Yes, Sazza, they are all older items - I have so much from there, I take my time to wear it all! Perhaps that is the case. I'm wary of contacting them again now because I sent such a stroppy email to them, I think they've lost patience with me. perhaps I should try again?

n x

Yep I would try again if they owed me money!!!!

n x

def would try again nikki, especially as they owe you money. It shouldn't matter that you sent them a stroppy email, it sounds like you have penty of reasons to be stroppy with them. Regardless of whether they like the emails you have sent etc they still should fix this for you as they cannot take your money and leave you with no goods for it.

N xxx

Oh Nikki - thats awful. I'm having some quality issues too so you are not alone. I think its dreadul they phoned you in response to your tweet - maybe if they had said something like 'so that we can sort out the problem' it would come across a little more caring, but to say 'discuss your twitter comment' makes it sound rather like you were going to get a telling off for telling the truth! I wouldn't think that was the case, but thats how it would seem to me.

For me, the clasp has broken on my diamond braclet (reasonably heavily worn), stone has come out of my alex. milano charn (worn twice), freshwater pearls have broken (first wear) and my rainbow moonstone necklace (the monster one!) looses a link on a weekly basis (not yet worn because every time I tried it lost a link!). Thats now in being totally reworked at my local jewellers at my own cost. But being fair, I've also a lot of items that are wearing well and were amazing bargains.

Maybe, the move to TV has meant a growth in the CS team, some who may not realise the reputation of CS that Rocks held - thats pure supposition on my part by the way.

I hope they get themselves sorted out and don't forget the more long standing customers in the growth period being on TV will bring.

I am truly shocked to hear of people's bad experiences. I have been shopping with Rocks for well over a year, with 1, 2 or sometimes 3 deliveries a month. I have experienced a few very minor problems, in comparison, but these have always been dealt with efficiently and effectively by Rocks' CS. I really have no complaint. At the end of the day, I suppose, you get what you pay for and I have so much jewellery now that I do not wear any 1 thing constantly - I am always swapping & changing.

However, to return something and not get a refund is completely unacceptable and I would not have tolerated that, Nikki. I wonder if you paid by CC and perhaps there's someway you can recoup your money from them, as all purchases on credit cards are guaranteed by the credit card company. One big advantage, I feel, of paying this way.

Very best of luck.

I am surprised by some of these tales of woe. I have had a few issues with Rocks but they are all usually resolved by an email or a brief exchange of telephone calls and I have never felt victimised by Rocks although I have been extremely grumpy and demanding.

I would suggest an email to the head of the help team [email protected] so she is aware of your concerns would be a step in the right direction

Sorry to hear of all your problems Nikki, I would email Tony explaining the situation and ask if anything can be done. Good Luck wih it.

What a run of horror! I have never had a serious problem in loads of buys with Rocks but I guess I have just been lucky. On the credit side - CS have thrown a few freebies in the shape of Milano bag and a Collector's Box with tubs next day.

Latest posts

Back