OK so not a rant, just about debranding jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

genuineshopper

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if it's viable to have the words Iliana and Rhapsody taken OFF jewellery? Just that this might ensure my jeweller gives a more genuine valuation. When he saw the TJC brands he went all sneery. We know why of course but I'd be interested to know what valuations he'd suggest on non-branded jewellery.

Thanks.

Not sure I would trust a jeweller that had preconcieved ideas to value anything the posters on here often suggest safeguard as an independant company for valuations.I suppose all the undisclosed treatments dont help the reputation of tv shopping channels
but then I dont know if high street jewellers are allowed to sell to us also without disclosure.

I don't think it would make any difference, they can tell telly items a mile off and could just check the assay hallmark, I would go to another jeweller :mysmilie_697:

Unfortunately High Street jewellers have the Green Eye problem when it comes to TV jewellery channels! They are extremely jealous because they can't source at the same price and therefore cannot complete. They make themselves look very infantile and stupid and at the same time insult their potential customers by sniggering and sneering at any purchases from these channels.

Emerald is totally correct, use Safeguard for any valuations because they are totally independent and will give you an accurate valuation. They are part of the Assay Office and have no axes to grind unlike other jewellers.

Reddwarf is also right. The jeweller is identified by the hallmark so there's no point worrying about the Iliana or Rhapsody marking as it wouldn't make any difference.

Safeguard are probably a bit more expensive than some High Street jewellers but are certainly worth it.

You can read about them here:-
http://www.theassayoffice.co.uk/safeguard/

Another thumbs up for Safeguard, and the good thing is they give you 2 copies of the valuation, one in colour, one B&W which is very handy, as insurance co's usually want an original copy of a valuation.

Latest posts

Back