Mother's Day present ideas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

persianglitter

Fire up the Quattro!
Briefly watching this afternoon - the Mother's Day gift ideas - all i can say is this - there are some things that only nightmares are made of :mysmilie_11: - to me this is one :mysmilie_34: LITTLE PAWS (they are on gems website) :mysmilie_81:if my sons presented me with one of these, it would have me running out the door screaming!! :mysmilie_81: and it wouldnt take me more than 5 minutes to decide that it is time to leave home, on a very permanent basis! :mysmilie_17:

I know it is said that it is the thought that counts, when receiving a startlingly shocking gift! :mysmilie_61: I am sorry, I have tried to find these dogs whimsically and "cute", I just cant, there are ornaments, and there are ornaments! :mysmilie_81: then there are dust catchers!:mysmilie_34:( and hideous items ):mysmilie_701: and i am afraid that these little dawgies are AWFUL (and I own a dog!!!! :mysmilie_81:) but even my taste has its limits!! :mysmilie_12:

Am I wrong? is it just me? xxxxx

Last edited:
:mysmilie_61: I didn't see those but will check out the website, I don't have any kids and so spared :mysmilie_17:

I did see some overpriced silk scarves the other night with pewter rings which were a bit gawdy but they may now look very desirable in comparison. :mysmilie_697:

Gordon Bennett. Are they ceramic? How big are they? I wouldn't even buy one of these for my MIL, and her favourite film is, apparently, Beverly Hills Pooch (something like that, it's a real film, I've seen her watch it).

:mysmilie_61: I didn't see those but will check out the website, I don't have any kids and so spared :mysmilie_17:

I did see some overpriced silk scarves the other night with pewter rings which were a bit gawdy but they may now look very desirable in comparison. :mysmilie_697:

do you think that woman from qvc with her scarflaces has competition??? lol :mysmilie_17: pewter jewellery makes me break out in a rash! lol

Gordon Bennett. Are they ceramic? How big are they? I wouldn't even buy one of these for my MIL, and her favourite film is, apparently, Beverly Hills Pooch (something like that, it's a real film, I've seen her watch it).

Hi, they looked quite cumbersome - not on the huge side - just wide, if you know what i mean - apparently they are meant to be a characture (if spelt right) of the dogs - the boxer one would give me nightmares!! lol

One word PG - Fugly!!!!!

If Brat gave me one of those monstrosities, it'd go straight in the bin:mysmilie_61:

:mysmilie_348:
The best laugh I ever had was when my daughter was six and gave me a card for mothers day which said, Dear Mum, Thankyou for having me...!
Still laugh now when I think of it :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_348:
The best laugh I ever had was when my daughter was six and gave me a card for mothers day which said, Dear Mum, Thankyou for having me...!
Still laugh now when I think of it :mysmilie_17:

Cute! i got made for one mother's day when youngest was still at nursery - a paper daffodil on a green stalk and in a hand painted flower pot - still have it - mind you, it has see better days, the daffodil trumpet is hanging on by a piece of crispy dried out sellotape - and is faded - but it still amazes me to think that at one point in his life, he was quite good at arts and crafts - now he has a degree with honours for making the house look like it has been hit by a cyclone in a matter of seconds! (he is now coming up to his 18th!!)

I've just had a look at them! Ooooooh deeeeary me :mysmilie_61:

The 'hidden treasures' are not much better are they :mysmilie_81:

Nice avatar by the way PG! :mysmilie_696:

I've just had a look at them! Ooooooh deeeeary me :mysmilie_61:

The 'hidden treasures' are not much better are they :mysmilie_81:

Nice avatar by the way PG! :mysmilie_696:

they are a bit dire - i dont think i could even have the gall to off load one on the MIL!! (and thats saying something!!) even if mother's day is on the horizon - can you imagne the look of shock on someones face, after tearing the paper off - and coming face to face with one of those hounds from hell - much teeth sucking, and a stunned silence LOL

Glad you like me avatar - took me ages to get my pose right, and that bow - just doesnt stay in such fine hair!! lol :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back