False statements about Tanzanite - Lucy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greenleaves

Registered Shopper
New to this forum but needed a rant.

I've been watching Lucy on this evening. She has some tanzanite pieces and started with her usual story about the beginnings thousands of years ago etc.....

She then stated that tanzanite will be mined out in 2 years and that it would never, ever, ever be found anywhere else. Completely misleading information. No-one knows how much more tanzanite is in the mine and no-one knows whether it might be found somewhere else in the world.

How do Gemstv get away with making such misleading statements. I enjoy watching the programme (when there is nothing else on) but it really puts me off when they lie just to sell products. Am I on my own here?

welcome :)

you're absolutely not on your own! there's quite a few threads just recently about the sales spiel of various presenters...

if you feel strongly enough, there's always The ASA ;)

Has anyone else ever complained to ASA? Do Oftcom get involved too? they really shouldn't be allowed to get away with this!

I was considering buying a tanzanite but Lucy has put me right off!

:mysmilie_348: Greenleaves and welcome to the forum.

I've complained to the ASA about another channel in the past. It's very painless and your identity is kept private. Just complete the complaint form on their site and someone will acknowledge your complaint and keep you informed. If I had heard Lucy say that I would definitely complain. The ASA will ask Gems TV to substantiate the remark and when they can't (which they obviously can't) action should be taken.

Thanks for the welcome!

I have submitted a complaint and will keep you updated with what happens.

Latest posts

Back