The trouble with TJC...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
...Is that when they're NOT having an under £20 day, under £50 day,silver day etc., it's REALLY boring. Lots of slow-moving, high-end items in samey designs, and endless diamonds and tanzanite. I suppose some people must like it otherwise they wouldn't be doing it, but I can't watch it I'm afraid.

Please keep up the fast-moving days with affordable items, TJC!

I dislike all themed days but do agree there is far too much Iliana tanzanite being shown to the point of being boring now. :mysmilie_81: For a stone that's supposedly so rare there sure seems to be a glut of it on TJC which rather undermines all their rare rare rare spiel. :rolleyes: A good mix of jewellery of all price points every day with just ONE P&P would be perfect imo.

Shame

Couldn't agree more, guess we are seeing the lack of jewellery production over the past twelve months due to global recession.

Mind you my bank balance is lot more healthy!!

I dislike all themed days but do agree there is far too much Iliana tanzanite being shown to the point of being boring now. :mysmilie_81: For a stone that's supposedly so rare there sure seems to be a glut of it on TJC which rather undermines all their rare rare rare spiel. :rolleyes: A good mix of jewellery of all price points every day with just ONE P&P would be perfect imo.

Yes, I would live with that! Plus FASTER auctions - a one or two minute clock on everything, please.

I'm getting really worried now because I seem to be agreeing with you too often these days Miss Magpie! :mysmilie_17:

I too am really fed up with Tanzanite and Diamonds and far too many pricier pieces - boring, boring, boring! TJC appear to either sell pieces of around £29.95 or under or the opposite end of the scale around £599 and above. I would like to see a wider variation of gemstones and designs and more items between say £80 and £200. I don't want Iliana or Rhapsody diamonds (can't afford them just now) and definitely don't want the diamond pieces around £150-£300 ish which have been on quite a lot recently which I assume are I or I2 clarity but wouldn't know because nobody tells us! I have to admit that if I could afford Iliana or Rhapsody diamonds, I would struggle to find a ring that I like anyway because imho they are all overly fussy and similar in design. The only exception would be the Snowflake sort of design of 3 carats at £3000+ (or whatever it was) which is not on my shopping list until I win the lottery!

Pinkpussycat - I agree with your comments regarding a good mix of jewellery with one P & P

I thought the introduction of the clock timer thing was to overcome the lenghty auction, I've not been watching but it sounds like other than the 'under' days they are slipping back to the old ways. :mysmilie_81:

I'm getting really worried now because I seem to be agreeing with you too often these days Miss Magpie! :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_61: Klos - everyone comes around eventually!

In my view, no channel is all good or all bad - they're all businesses and all have their ups and downs, and I buy what I like and ignore what I don't. Probably helped by the fact that I can't stick with any of 'em for too long without getting bored, and then I have to switch over! (Or go and do something else, remembering that I do in fact have a life...)

:mysmilie_61: Klos - everyone comes around eventually!

In my view, no channel is all good or all bad - they're all businesses and all have their ups and downs, and I buy what I like and ignore what I don't. Probably helped by the fact that I can't stick with any of 'em for too long without getting bored, and then I have to switch over! (Or go and do something else, remembering that I do in fact have a life...)

Dare I say it?
I agree with you once again Miss Magpie, I'm the same as you there. :mysmilie_697:

I agree completely Miss Magpie. I too become bored of watching when item after item I know there is no way I am going to purchase.

I think they do mention that the 'classic' range, i.e. the cheaper stuff, is I1 or I2 Clarity, and I do have a pair of earrings in a square cluster, but the Iliana Snowflake earrings I got recently, are really noticably better quality, and IMVHO well worth the extra money.

My biggest complaint is that the rings are way too big for my paws, and in a lot of cases, not suitable (IMO) for resizing due to the amount of channel setting or over ornamentation on the shoulders.

Besides I'm waiting for PPC to win the lottery and buy me a lovely simple Rhapsody Colombian emerald ring with just a single diamond either side, which I can have resized:mysmilie_697:

Besides I'm waiting for PPC to win the lottery and buy me a lovely simple Rhapsody Colombian emerald ring with just a single diamond either side, which I can have resized:mysmilie_697:

While I would be absolutely delighted if PPC won the lottery and if you were to get your emerald ring, sorry but I'm first! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back