turned off by martin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

murgatroyd

Registered Shopper
I was delighted to see that Barbara Gray & her Clarity stamps were on this morning as I love her & find her very inspiring. I had to turn off after 10 mins as Martin Parker was getting on my nerves SO Much. I've got nothing against Martin & usually find him OK but I just wish he would cut the cheery joking & giving too much of his own opinions & just let Barbara demonstrate her wonderful ideas - her products sell themselves & are always so popular so they really don't need the hard sell. I've taped the show & might try to watch later when I've calmed down!:mysmilie_11:

I was delighted to see that Barbara Gray & her Clarity stamps were on this morning as I love her & find her very inspiring. I had to turn off after 10 mins as Martin Parker was getting on my nerves SO Much. I've got nothing against Martin & usually find him OK but I just wish he would cut the cheery joking & giving too much of his own opinions & just let Barbara demonstrate her wonderful ideas - her products sell themselves & are always so popular so they really don't need the hard sell. I've taped the show & might try to watch later when I've calmed down!:mysmilie_11:

You have taken the words right out of my mouth...

I switched on at 11am looking forward to a 2 hour special and warmly welcomed Martin's introduction in which he stated that for once he was going to allow Bab's to get through whole demonstrations without butting in with stock updates.

Well it took more than 15 minutes to get into the first demonstration as "lines are busy" - "10% of the stock has gone already" - I never really understand why we need to know that 10% of the stock has gone, whether we are 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or 30 minutes into a programme, there is still a whopping 90% left!

Then the poor girl gets into her first demo to only be interupted a minute later by... yes a stock update! Then he annouces that even if items sell out Bab's will still demonstrate them as people want to see them in use... so items sell out but Martin declares later "it's not fair to demonstrate when they've sold out!"

Maybe Martin would be more suited to childrens parties, or a member of a circus?

To be fair to Martyn maybe upstairs are nagging in his ear to tell us the stock updates.

I went to watch the cricut gypsy show and almost ruptured some blood vessels. He was terrible, his desire to "entertain" us makes him unwatchable for me. I'm glad I missed the other hour. I really dislike Nigel's smutty humour but I can just about watch a show of his, Martyn is just too much for me to take no matter how interested I am in a product.

Martyn step away from the bench - said more than one because he was leaning on it and shaking it so Barbara couldn't see to place the stamps.

Then we get told the show won't be repeated - and it was, apparently.

The gallery have a lot to answer for. I suppose if you waited till the end of the show to order you could be disappointed, and therefore updates may be useful to some. But then again it just means people are pushed to order earlier which then means that they sell out and we can't see any of the demos.

As most of her products seem to sell out whenever she's on, I think they could save the cost of a presenter and leave her to just get on with it.

Jan

Glad it wasn't just me that he annoyed then!

So much for the keeping quiet and letting Barbara get on with it!!!

I almost thought that someone had actually taken note of our comments on here........but then i remembered what I was watching :headbang: and so recorded so i can FF later

I also saw the show live where Martyn said that it wouldn't be repeated because everything had more or less sold out.
I was channel hopping in the evening around 10.30 and there it was, repeated.

Latest posts

Back