Gemstv USA to Cease Operations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacqualina

Registered Shopper
On News page there is a statement that Gems in the US is to cease operations and looks like it's going to merge with another jewellery channel. I'm really surprised, I thougth I read somewhere that the US venture was propping the UK one up and was the most profitable company.
It does make me wonder where that leaves Gemstv over here.

Doesn't seem to bode well does it? I must admit, I watched a couple of minutes last night and I was really shocked at the prices, garnet ring for £299!!!!!

On News page there is a statement that Gems in the US is to cease operations and looks like it's going to merge with another jewellery channel. I'm really surprised, I thougth I read somewhere that the US venture was propping the UK one up and was the most profitable company.
It does make me wonder where that leaves Gemstv over here.

Thanks for the heads-up Jacqualina, I would've missed the article.

I expect trading conditions have been pretty difficult over the past couple of years combined with the
price of gold shooting up. I hope they do manage a merger with the other existing company and save jobs.
Remember our Craig is over there and I would hope that all will be well for him and his wife.

If you recall TJC did the same in the US but their UK operation remained unaffected. Hopefully the same thing will happen here - maybe Craig will come back?

If you recall TJC did the same in the US but their UK operation remained unaffected. Hopefully the same thing will happen here - maybe Craig will come back?

TJC still operates in the US, but its called the Liquidation Channel now, and nearly everything they sell is still tjc jewellery lol

i can't hel[p but hope this although i expect the US lifestyle would be better than the midlands one lol

Latest posts

Back