Vicki Burton heads up Rocks & Co

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
rocksandco.jpg

Former GemsTV presenter Vicki Burton is to head up Rocks and Co the brand new fixed priced Jewellery Channel from JML.

Even though Burton is a well known face to selling jewellery on the telly, she will not entertain any applications from other former or current shopping telly presenters.

Rocks & Co said "Generally we are going for lesser known presenters in order to mould them into the JML style and build a direct association with the channel."

That's a bit too close in name for Rocks TV isn't it? Wondered what had happened to Vicki. Call me a cynic but surely her previous experience with Gems hasn't hampered her in getting the job!

Tis very mean calling it something so similar, they have obviously done it on purpose :(
Still, the Bennetts are very good at what they do, I don't think they need to worry unduly about the competition.

Could someone tell me the number of the channel Rocks & Co.is on. Have Virgin TV but can still get some channels on the Sky satellite I have in another room. Found it once but can't remember the numer. Assistance woulld be appreciate.:)

Could someone tell me the number of the channel Rocks & Co.is on. Have Virgin TV but can still get some channels on the Sky satellite I have in another room. Found it once but can't remember the numer. Assistance woulld be appreciate.:)

Hi Abbey

I have never heard of it before now so cannot help you but wanted to say hello anyway :D

Hi Abbey

I have never heard of it before now so cannot help you but wanted to say hello anyway

That's very nice of you. Still don't know if this is on Tv or if you have to access it on line. Will someone please put me out of my misery. Thanks.

That's very nice of you. Still don't know if this is on Tv or if you have to access it on line. Will someone please put me out of my misery. Thanks.

It has not started yet but will be on one of the JML channels.

That's a bit too close in name for Rocks TV isn't it? Wondered what had happened to Vicki. Call me a cynic but surely her previous experience with Gems hasn't hampered her in getting the job!

Wondered what was going on!:)

Clicked on here and thought there had been another site crash and all previous threads had disappeared. Having read further I realised you were all talking about a different company to Rocks.tv Very confusing for those not in the know.

Yes Madam Burton

rocksandco.jpg

Former GemsTV presenter Vicki Burton is to head up Rocks and Co the brand new fixed priced Jewellery Channel from JML.

Even though Burton is a well known face to selling jewellery on the telly, she will not entertain any applications from other former or current shopping telly presenters.

Rocks & Co said "Generally we are going for lesser known presenters in order to mould them into the JML style and build a direct association with the channel."

I am starting up a firm of lawyers, however my company will not entertain any applications from anyone who has trained as a lawyer, worked as a lawyer or has any knowledge of law. We will be going for lesser known lawyers who have no idea what they are doing so we can build a direct association with our company. I am doing this so that I am the only lawyer in the village!!!!

Oh please what is she on about?:rolleyes:

wow! hi Hidihi welcome we are quite a frendly bunch on here!

Im looking forwards to this channel, will be nice to have a fixed price!:)

I am starting up a firm of lawyers, however my company will not entertain any applications from anyone who has trained as a lawyer, worked as a lawyer or has any knowledge of law. We will be going for lesser known lawyers who have no idea what they are doing so we can build a direct association with our company. I am doing this so that I am the only lawyer in the village!!!!

Oh please what is she on about?:rolleyes:

Now I'm going to be contraversial :cool:...how does this arguement work with presenting gems? I'm sorry but how many presenters actually know their subject to the same level as a lawyer knows their subject? When you hear some presenters on other established gem channels going on about absolute twaddle what makes them such experts? I'm not naming names but I listened to a presenter on another channel talking the biggest load of gibberish I have ever heard...This is a fascinating gem, it's really fascinating, it's one for the connosiers to add to their collection, it's so beautiful, look at it, it's so rare in that it's not easy to come by, it's fascinasting, well done, look at that, it's one for your collection without a doubt, I'm not sure, I can't say but you might not get it at this price again. I don't know if you will see this again...isn't it fascinating and very parisian chic. I actually had to turn off the telly :eek:. Now I ask you where is the knowledge and expertise in that kind of twittering. Most presenters will say anything within the regulations to do one thing and one thing only...make a sale. I will be glad if JML actually find presenters who are different and may actually buy from them if they are able to string words together with less twaddle :D. All I need to decide a purchase of a gem is the facts the rest is just window dressing. :rolleyes: I really don't need someone with TV experience.

Sorry Hidihi...a very warm welcome to the forum. Hope you have lots of fun!

Last edited:
Oh, her, she has done well for herself! Last time I watched GEMSTV, she had the major giggles and they had to go for a unscheduled break. Well, good luck to her

Latest posts

Back