Sold out....or gone??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
Sorry this is quite a trivial point but it irritates me.

When an item sells out, are the presenters told to say "Sold out and gone" or even, in the case of the awful Ellis, "Gone and sold out"?

What's wrong with "sold out"??

Sorry just an unimportant gripe!

If you turn over just before the end of the hour, when the guests pack up and take their unsold products away with them, you shouldn't hear it :clock:

What irritates me is the 'back in stock' sign, which implies that it 'sold out and went' last time it was on :smirk:

Someone should tell the awful Ellis too that the word isn't cummerband but cummerbund. She likes to consider herself so grammatically correct in everything.

She gives me the irrits too.

Ellis has turned mis-pronouncing (if that's even a word!) into an art form.

Years ago she was talking about something to do with chlorine and called it KLEWREEN!!

Two worst ones from Ellis,

One Foul Swoop, and

adding 10 inches to every size on EVERY garment even if it cant possibly stretch, you watch her, the size will say 40" and she'll say "40 to 50""
drives me mad and now fashion is unwatchable unless Im drunk :p

Oh yeah, "subliminally" comfortable Flyflots til someone pointed it out on here and she changed it and even refered to someone correcting her!!!

Im sure theres a tonne more :)

Sorry this is quite a trivial point but it irritates me.

When an item sells out, are the presenters told to say "Sold out and gone" or even, in the case of the awful Ellis, "Gone and sold out"?

What's wrong with "sold out"??

Sorry just an unimportant gripe!

Lol! Glad I'm not the only one who wants to punch the telly when she says that.
The other one is "What we're talking about here..."
No Ellis - *you're* talking.
Constant drivel...

Oh yeah, "subliminally" comfortable Flyflots til someone pointed it out on here and she changed it and even refered to someone correcting her!!!

Haha! Did she? That was me:tongue::angel: about time too...that was one of the worst mis-uses of a word I've heard on shopping tv, even worse than the dreadful 'fabrication' which makes me want to chew my own teeth:drunk:.

Did you know that premiere means it's new today and that you've never seen it before - you learn something new every time you tune into I/W :thinking:

I find it just as irritating when they claim they are sold out and then two minutes later they have suddenly "secured more stock" [This often happens with the Ubisurfer & the Flip]. It's like someone moved a box and found 20 more hiding in the studio.

Latest posts

Back