Milano Charm "Mom"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Are the Milano Charms exclusive to Rocks TV? If they are why
On earth did they use the word MOM plain stupid, it's MUM!

I turned on thinking charms might be over (they do nowt for me, I'm afraid) and saw that. i assume they spell it with an O wherever they get their charms made? Couldn't see anyone buying it.... although actually, a lot of people in the Midlands say "Mom" and they're based in Warwickshire.....

n x

Mum, mam, mom - don't think it would matter to the recipient.

Not to some, maybe, but it would to others - 'Mom' is American, and we're not the 53rd State!

Yes, I'm pretty sure the Milano Charms are exclusively designed and made for Rocks TV, and I agree with you, Graham - it's daft.

spindrift said:
Mum, mam, mom - don't think it would matter to the recipient.

Maybe not but if they are exclusive you would have thought the English Family Jeweller could spell MUM in the correct way :)

I am Mum not Mom, and I wouldn't like to receive anything addressed to me as such.

my older son made me a flower in a pot and on one leaf it says "I love you mummy" - beats anything!

N x

I agree, I couldn't believe it either. It's MAM here, my mother doesnt like it if we get her cards with MUM on, as we always call her MAM. I search for cards with Mother or MAM, I have found a gew with MAM on here .....but its so difficult!!

I've never called my mother anything other than "Mummy", and it's completely impossible to get cards with "Mummy" on them that aren't designed to be sent by five-year-olds.

I know this is straying off topic a bit, but I do wish card manufacturers would realise that a fair number of adults do in fact call their mothers "Mummy". (And their fathers "Daddy", for that matter.)

Been lurking for quite some time but this thread has brought me back. It's Mam for me too, there's is absolutely no way I would wear something with Mom on. For me, it's just soooo American. This is really topical for me, as since moving to Leiestershire from Wales my 9 year old occassionally slips up and calls me Mummy and every single time I tell him I'm his Mam. He did it today which is why I'm posting again

Sorry to contradict everyone here, but my husband is a Midlander and he calls his mother Mom, spells it Mom, always has done and it's nothing to do with Americanisms, it's all about where he was brought up. Steve is also from the Midlands and that might well be the reason for the spelling. I do agree that it severely limits the market though.

i did actually get this charm from my kids as a mothers day gift. The spelling on it makes no odds to me the fact that its from my kids who i love and adore so much means alot to me. I dont care how its spelt the fact that its a gift from people i love is enough for me :)

i did actually get this charm from my kids as a mothers day gift. The spelling on it makes no odds to me the fact that its from my kids who i love and adore so much means alot to me. I dont care how its spelt the fact that its a gift from people i love is enough for me :)

THat would be my thought as well MB , its the intention of the gift giver that matters to me , not the item given .

Sorry to contradict everyone here, but my husband is a Midlander and he calls his mother Mom, spells it Mom, always has done and it's nothing to do with Americanisms, it's all about where he was brought up. Steve is also from the Midlands and that might well be the reason for the spelling. I do agree that it severely limits the market though.

Have to agree with you jacqualina - my friend hailed from the Midlands - and she called her mum, mom.

My own father who hailed from lancashire, called his mum, mom and his dad pops. I have heard plenty people in the uk make a reference to their maternal parent as either Mom, Mam, or Mum - a friend of mine, who was German, she always called her mum, Mutty.

Mom. Mam, Ma, Mother, Mummy, Mutti or whatever floats your maternal boat. If you don't like it you don't buy it so all the cheaper for others in an auction who do want it. :wink:

Latest posts

Back