I3 Clarity Tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Tonight I was watching Rae sell what RocksTV called an "I3" Tanzanite Loose Gem Stone, I apologise in advance to anyone who has purchased one, but first I can not see the point in buying such a poor quality stone, and second why do RocksTV call it "I3" I thought that was a grading associated with Diamonds.

Rae said you wont see the price offered elsewhere, NO I doubt anyone else would dare put such a terrible quality stone to air.

Is this the same stone/s that Steve auction a 150 of last night at 6pm? I heard he was going to be but I didn't actually see it.

Is this the same stone/s that Steve auction a 150 of last night at 6pm? I heard he was going to be but I didn't actually see it.

Think that was 2ct but still terrible quality, tonights was 1.3ct

If I may just point out ....for the likes of those on a very low income this is their only hope/chance of owning such a gem...the inclusions were heavily pointed out so all were aware..the decision to buy was thus an informed one

If I may just point out ....for the likes of those on a very low income this is their only hope/chance of owning such a gem...the inclusions were heavily pointed out so all were aware..the decision to buy was thus an informed one

I have seen better Tanzanite set into rings on other channels for a similar price, OK not the ct weight but certainlly better lookiing.

As I say it's only my opinion, but I don't see the point in owning such a horrible looking stone.

The issue with I3 Tanzanite is that it is little better than fish gravel with virtually no value. I'm very surprised that Steve is selling this. Setting Tanzanite is fraught with danger as pressure can cause them to split/fracture. Therefore the more inclusions there are, the higher the risk. So buying a low clarity gemstone may end up being a false economy.

I have no idea how much these gemstones were selling for but surely they can't compete in value with TJC's platinum coated silver pieces that have very good clarity Tanzanite in for not much money?

I've just seen 1.3 ct very heavily included selling for £29. Not sure what someone would do with it tbh as obviously not worth having set especially (as has already been mentioned) you can get far superior already set from TJC for less. However, each to their own!

I think a lot of people buy the loose gems from Rocks TV for a loose gems collection.

I agree with everyone else on this one as I don't think these stones are worth spending money on. Better to take that money and spend it at TJC on some lovely tanzy already set into platinum overlay silver pieces. Yesterday was an under £30 day (same price as the I3 stone was selling for last night) and TJC had some stunning tanzanite pieces for sale, all ready to wear, and if you didn't like the settings, you could always take the stones out.

Gem clarity scales are used for coloured gems so no problem calling tanzy or tourmaline, for example, loupe clean or eye clean or whatever.

As for the auctions mentioned, didn't see them so can't say what they were like - so no comment. Saw some earlier which were heavily included but had nice colour and Steve was most open about them - dunno if it was the same batch.

I would say that if you don't want an included stone for a collection just don't buy it or if when it comes and it's naff it only costs about a quid to send it back. Beats me why anyone would be daft enough to buy a loose stone that was sub standard though.

I didn't see the tanzy on rocks so can't comment, but I do own a ring from TJC (silver with platinum overlay) and its sparkly and stunning with no inclusions and a great price too- £19.95!

i don't own any tanzanite as of yet, but i am tempted to try TJC's tansy as you all say its good value. Thats the great thing about this forum is people can get good advice on quality and value of things being sold on different channels :) I did see a red corundum ring today on rocks, which i was suprised at as i have never seen this before unless it was ruby. someone on rocks chat mentioned it was poor quality ruby, not good enought to be called ruby but i am unsure if this is infact true.

I bought one but haven't yet checked it out as I am mulling it over. I just thought it looked like a nice colour although I realised it was appalling quality because the point was made by Rae, several times during the auction. However, as everyone on here knows, I know naff all about gemstones except for 'pretty' or 'not pretty' and rely heavily on the knowledge of others. It didn't occur to me that it might shatter when being set so thank you for that info.

N x

Attention moderators

Tanzanite Under £30 on The Jewellery Channel at 3pm.

This post appears to be in the wrong section as it has nothing to do with Rocks TV. Shouldn't it be moved to TJC or the Bling section? After all, my thread entitled "Fair Trade Gold" was moved because it had nothing to do with Rocks TV.

Come on, rules are rules and fair's fair.:up:

This post appears to be in the wrong section as it has nothing to do with Rocks TV. Shouldn't it be moved to TJC or the Bling section? After all, my thread entitled "Fair Trade Gold" was moved because it had nothing to do with Rocks TV.

Totally agree, but it would appear that the "Rules" don't apply to all members :wonder:

It's relevant to this thread in as much as several of the posts have compared Rocks TV Tanzanite to TJC's Tanzanite.

Also as Graham is the Site Owner and not just a member then I think he can post whatever he wants wherever he wants.

Pedant said:

This has everything to do with this thread, the point was raised that customers on a limited budget still like to buy tanzanite, I was letting people know that this hour was taking place.

I had responded to your PMs and explained why your thread was moved and why Graham's post about TJC tanzanite was on this thread so there was no need for you to make the above post.

Totally agree, but it would appear that the "Rules" don't apply to all members :wonder:

The rules do apply to all members.

The reason Graham posted about TJC's tanzanite under £30 hour was the loose tanzanites from Rocks which this thread is about were being compared to the tanzanite items TJC do in platinum overlay sterling silver and people had expressed an interest in these items.

Latest posts

Back