Gold'n'Ice????????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Just turned over to Gems TV to find a very uncomfortable looking Lyn Jinks quite obviously reading from a teleprompter, the biggest load of drivel I have ever heard in my life! Not once during this ridiculous ranting was it mentioned that this was actually a fake diamond! I think they are sailing very close to the wind with all their IF D spiel because it is extremely misleading. Obviously only someone who has led a very sheltered existence would think they were actually buying a real diamond at those prices but the inference all the way through the presentation is that these are real diamonds. They also showed a clip of some scientist from "our suppliers at Hatton Garden" trying to explain how the cut of the stone was important. The poor bloke didn't even know where to look at the diagrams and came across as a very confused weather forecaster!

How low can Gems TV go? I don't know how they even get away with calling themselves "Gems TV" nowadays as they sell so much fake crap! Oh how those presenters sin their souls! It was very sad to see a professional like Lyn getting all het up about a bit of glass and actually trying to persuade us that it looked like an IF D diamond! How sad is that!

I think fake diamonds are fine but GemsTV Fire and Ice range are just so overpriced. Last week brought a mate a lovely duamonique pair of earrings 2ct TGW with 100 facets in each they look real and the fire from them is amazing, all for £20.00.

I agree Graham, there is a place for cz etc. but my issue is the extent they are going to trying to persuade everyone that this stuff is as good as an IF D coloured diamond! They really must think people have their heads zipped up the back! I am very disappointed at Lyn Jinks continually saying that this is the best range she has ever presented in all her time Gems TV! How sad is that?

Oh, how I used to love Gemstv! My huge stack of authenticty cards bears witness to this. Now I can barely watch them. I don't know why, but just about everything on Gems irritates me these days. From the ridiculously schmaltzy violin music to the absurd heartbeat sound via the awful claxon; some truly awful presenters (and now, unfortunately, I even have to include the old ones I used to like) and the load of old tosh they speak and sell, I feel like throwing something at the tv even when I only watch for a couple of minutes. I don't trust a word they say any more as I feel they've become so desperate, they've lost all decency and will say just about anything for a sale. Consequently, I rarely do switch over now which helps my blood pressure no end.

Oh, how I used to love Gemstv! My huge stack of authenticty cards bears witness to this. Now I can barely watch them. I don't know why, but just about everything on Gems irritates me these days. From the ridiculously schmaltzy violin music to the absurd heartbeat sound via the awful claxon; some truly awful presenters (and now, unfortunately, I even have to include the old ones I used to like) and the load of old tosh they speak and sell, I feel like throwing something at the tv even when I only watch for a couple of minutes. I don't trust a word they say any more as I feel they've become so desperate, they've lost all decency and will say just about anything for a sale. Consequently, I rarely do switch over now which helps my blood pressure no end.

I agree with you 100% Jacqualina.

I too watched that and had no idea what the stones were as all she kept saying was they were equivalent to diamonds, they did look pretty but quite pricey if they were only cz and very misleading.

The first time I saw these when flicking through the shopping channels I just thought, "Whatever happened to 'we only sell genuine genstone jewellery'? They seem to have moved away from that now (although at least they don't say it any more). I don't like them phoning me and pushing me to purchase when I've put something in my basket and it's been removed either, but that's another issue entirely.

N x

jacqualina your comment has, for me, hit the nail on the head -I agree with you whole heartedly! You have correctly summed up everything that I now dislike about gemstv, and i once used to watch the channel avidly! cant stand it now - its too tacky and cheap and cheesey and shouty, and lets not forget the Klaxon!! thats another killer!- :flower:

I've just gone onto their web site and the live feed is showing "created moissonite" - does that mean basically a piece of glass? Because they are charging nearly £500 per ring. I don't get it.

N x

I've just gone onto their web site and the live feed is showing "created moissonite" - does that mean basically a piece of glass? Because they are charging nearly £500 per ring. I don't get it.

N x

IW used to sell that too - and now gems are selling another item of "jewellery" that IW used to sell, gems have had a few hours with it on, and ditto as per the moissonite and the gold n ice hours, really over priced for what looks to me, like butterfly wings!! (I can remember the name of the "stone" only know its some form of fossilised animal/mineral or vegetable - a bit like the chunks of meteors that they were flogging a few weeks back.

N x

Moissanite is like no other 'created' diamond imo. It is chemically identical to meteors which were found many years ago and which looked identical to diamond but have over twice the fire of a diamond and 10% more brilliance. The meteors were very small but a company called Charles and Colvard spent years using the exact chemical composition to create exactly the same stone hence Moissanite came about. I have a Moissanite 1 carat equivalent solitaire ring and it is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like an IF diamond but has even more fire and brilliance. I didn't pay quite the prices charged initially by Ideal World and then Gems TV as I bought mine from a fantastic family jeweller in the USA. However, I would gladly pay twice the price because I love it. It has to be seen to be believed but I know Sacha has Moissanite too so she can confirm what I'm saying. While diamonds are made from Carbon, Moissanite is made from Silicon Carbide which is made through a painstaking laboratory process then hand faceted by master gemcutters.

While it's still a lab created stone, it's absolutely nothing like any other lab created stone you will ever see.

Moissanite is like no other 'created' diamond imo. It is chemically identical to meteors which were found many years ago and which looked identical to diamond but have over twice the fire of a diamond and 10% more brilliance. The meteors were very small but a company called Charles and Colvard spent years using the exact chemical composition to create exactly the same stone hence Moissanite came about. I have a Moissanite 1 carat equivalent solitaire ring and it is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like an IF diamond but has even more fire and brilliance. I didn't pay quite the prices charged initially by Ideal World and then Gems TV as I bought mine from a fantastic family jeweller in the USA. However, I would gladly pay twice the price because I love it. It has to be seen to be believed but I know Sacha has Moissanite too so she can confirm what I'm saying. While diamonds are made from Carbon, Moissanite is made from Silicon Carbide which is made through a painstaking laboratory process then hand faceted by master gemcutters.

While it's still a lab created stone, it's absolutely nothing like any other lab created stone you will ever see.

You see, that's very interesting and explains the price - thank you.

N x

Shock....horror............

N x

:eek: :eek: :eek:

t. It has to be seen to be believed but I know Sacha has Moissanite too so she can confirm what I'm saying. While diamonds are made from Carbon, Moissanite is made from Silicon Carbide which is made through a painstaking laboratory process then hand faceted by master gemcutters.

I can confirm.........:nod: and :nod: again

I did see a piece once when I was on a visit to Ideal World and it is a truly wonderfull stone, wish I could afford, although olnly ever seen the one gents piece at ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did see a piece once when I was on a visit to Ideal World and it is a truly wonderfull stone, wish I could afford, although olnly ever seen the one gents piece at ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got mine from the same company based in the Birmingham jewellery quarter that GTV use......but a long time
before it appeared on their channel. Just putting a link for you for some Gents rings that look rather nice....
no conflict of interest I hope as I haven't known GTV to sell any Gent's pieces?And they also come in a good
range of sizes.

I got mine from the same company based in the Birmingham jewellery quarter that GTV use......but a long time
before it appeared on their channel. Just putting a link for you for some Gents rings that look rather nice....
no conflict of interest I hope as I haven't known GTV to sell any Gent's pieces?And they also come in a good
range of sizes.

Thank you so much, think I am in love :) with the most excpensive 1ct of course :up:

Just read something interesting on the internet regarding Moissanite and CZ. The statement says that you should never think of Moissanite in the same way as CZ. Moissanite is made over a backbreakingly slow process - and CZ is mass produced. And they are not the same thing. When you read the process for yourself, you see Moissanite, (even though its not my cup of tea; and the item gave me food for thought! lol) and CZ are not one and the same in any shape or form whatsoever.

And a Moissanite has more sparkle power than a Diamond. :up:

The only thing the site i was on, pointed out, was that a Moissanite does not hold its value, unlike a diamond. :flower::flower:

Well, the downright misleading utterings just keep on coming. Just flicked over to Gems to hear James (I think that's his name) saying:"....why, well this is a diamond (!?!?) not from this world. Originally Moissanite came from another world."
They really shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Latest posts

Back