Bid tv trading on marie curie cancer charity

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

vegasplayer

Registered Shopper
Disgusting!!! Absolutely Disgusting.

Did anyone else see last night Peter Simon, with the Marie Curie Cancer Logo on a big screen behind him do the whole 'now, marie curie and it's work' spiel, then sell some really crap mugs with daffodils on them for £4.99

the message on the screen at the bottom said that they would donate 25p per unit to the charity - ADMIRABLE, until you do the maths

300 x £4.99 = £1497.00
£1.50 x 300 calls = £450
Total Turnover for bid tv = £1947.00

Donation to the charity = 300 x 25p = £75

for the amount that Peter Simon went on and on and on and tugged the heart strings, stating these mugs were bone china, I think it is despicable that they should be trading and profiting from such a cynical sale. I wonder if Marie Curie even knew that these mugs that just happened to have daffodils on them were being sold under their name.

It was on at 11.30pm ish last night - I shall be reporting this to Ofcom and the ASA

Funnily enough, we turned him off. We had put our donation in a collecting tin at Sainsbury's

We were watching him whilst waiting for a program to come on, but we couldn't stand his insincerity sp zapped over to something else.

As most of the situps just lately... a total rip off.

I hope the charity is told how they were used and realize what a tacky outfit the situps have become

You said their turn over is £1947 or something, but if you think about it, they dont get the mugs for free. Im sure them mugs would have cost more than the other ones do as they didnt but them as much in bulk so may have cost them £3 each, making a turnover of about half of what you are stating.

They sell Marie Curie watches (50p for charity) and they go for about £3, so they dont make as much profit.

Not being funny, but it is up to you!! If you didnt but, the price would go down making their turnover less!!

disgusting selling tactics

Hi vagasplayer,i agree with everything you have posted on here.I can tell you that sit-up will only pay around 25 pence per mug,so you can see the that when you add the p+p charges for the 300 sets,sit-up on a real winner.£4000 to sit-up and £75 to charity.I do not see how the presenters can show there faces and cheat so many people with the use of the word charity.I think all the honest presenters have left these channels and they are left with the dead wood that can not get other jobs.I mean would you employ Peter Simon?

Paul becque, he buys loads from bid tv. On facebook, there are pictures of his kitchen, and everything is from bid tv!

On the other hand Peter Simon pretended to buy a pig ornament live on tv! He dialed the number pressed one (didnt put in his security code) and when someone called Peter came up, he said it was him! It was like Peter from Lowestoft!

ALSO Charlie Mcardle says If I was at home I'd be buying this. But his excuse is that mobiles dont work in the studio and are not allowed to be used inside! Well Peter did! :)

Mark Ryes has live on air used his I-Phone to purchase goods , he puts it on loudspeaker so you can hear the message. Dazza watch what you say about the presenters as I have been "threatened" with libel action by Ryes on Twitter for "bitching & stirring about him on a not-very-nice website" meaning this one.

You said their turn over is £1947 or something, but if you think about it, they dont get the mugs for free. Im sure them mugs would have cost more than the other ones do as they didnt but them as much in bulk so may have cost them £3 each, making a turnover of about half of what you are stating.

They sell Marie Curie watches (50p for charity) and they go for about £3, so they dont make as much profit.

Not being funny, but it is up to you!! If you didnt but, the price would go down making their turnover less!!

They buy in such huge quantities Ben, that the cost of the mugs will be mere pennies. Pound Shops do the same thing they buy those huge containers, the ones that come in on ships, and can sell at £1 and still make ginormous profits

I know thay usually get great deals on mugs, as they buy 1000's of a type of mug and off the same seller, but those mugs were from a different seller and they bought no more than 1000

So I work it out that they are donating 5% to charity.

I have googled a fair bit and these mugs are readily available, but not one seller is saying exactly what percentage they are paying marie curie - at least Bid TV are being up front!

I did find one seller advertising what they would donate for a different item for marie curie and it worked out at less than 5%.

Just think the way they sell them is disgusting, tugging at the heart strings and give such a crap amount to the charity, bid tv should be ashamed of themselves.

If you want to help the charity buy direct from their website not bid tv.

Just think the way they sell them is disgusting, tugging at the heart strings and give such a crap amount to the charity, bid tv should be ashamed of themselves.

If you want to help the charity buy direct from their website not bid tv.

They did state last night that they are trying to raise £2,000 in 2/3 weeks. Atleast they are giveing to charity, other shopping channels arent!

Ben Hagger said:
They did state last night that they are trying to raise £2,000 in 2/3 weeks. Atleast they are giveing to charity, other shopping channels arent!

They are making a huge profit for themselves and the OTT way they sell them is IMO disgusting.

Latest posts

Back