Returning earrings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Does anyone know if there's any way around the non-return policy on earrings? Has anyone in fact returned earrings recently and, if so, what happened? Did they send them back? I'm wondering if I sent them back anyway whether they might not just give me a refund, despite what their policy says.

I've just received a pair of earrings which are small and insignificant and, frankly, a waste of £29.99. I've bought quite a lot from TJC, and I don't want to throw away almost thirty quid on something that might as well just go in the bin because they're never, ever going to be worn.

Needless to say, I haven't taken them out of the little plastic baggie.

Any suggestions?

I have seen on here that someone has returned them in the past.

Of course, if they are faulty or damaged in any way then you would be able to return them ...

So frustrating isn't it? and so confusing when they say "non-returnable, but statutory rights not affected" Contradictory with distance selling rights, however TJC terms & conditions says this excludes earrings – why are they only ones doing this? They lose a lot of business from me.:angry:

I have returned two pairs in the past – one where the head of earring fell off as I was putting them on for the first time, there was no hassle under these circumstances.

Another pair of disappointing 0.50ct black diamond studs that were nothing like the size of a normal 0.25ct stone – were sent back to me immediately saying non-refundable

Unless it's something I know will definitely be OK, "snowflakes" or Illiana studs for example, I will only now take a chance if under £25 or so. :frown:

Needless to say, I haven't taken them out of the little plastic baggie.

Any suggestions?

Have you had a word with CS to see if there's any compromise? If not you could always try off-loading
them on here in the Buy/Sell section.........just a thought? :smirk:

I think it might have been Sue PPC who returned earrings, but not entirely sure Miss M. They do always say non-returnable due to hygiene reasons but this does not affect your statutory rights - whatever that's supposed to mean. I would think if you're a good customer, they'd be willing to make an exception.

Hi all
I returned a pair of Iliana earrings last year when I discovered that the butterfly clasp was the wrong size.
TJC returned with the same clasp. I gave up and ask my local jeweller if he could help.

Sapphireblue

Hiya all, I've only returned one pair of faulty earrings but a friend of mine returned a pair of earrings that she didn't like once they arrived and they returned them back to her saying non-refundable and that was only last month, put's me off ordering earrings as don't think I would get them refunded, wish TJC would change their policy on this

Although I don't have pierced ears this outdated policy of their prevents me from buying earings as presents for other people. All of the other shopping channels sell theirs in sealed bags and are returnable as long as the bag remains intact and QVC even encourage you to wear them and they'll still take them back! The presenters say that their policy is the same as the high street shops but when you buy from them you can actually see the product, you know exactly what they look and feel like, what the colour, weight and size is etc. before you buy so the situation is totally different. :angry:

Several years ago they would refund earrings despite having a policy of not doing so. I returned a number and I'm sure that PPC did too.

However, they now stick to their policy and will send them back to you if you return them as they are clear that you shouldn't order if you're not 100% certain you'll keep them.

Like others have said, it puts me off buying earrings from them.

Hi all
I returned a pair of Iliana earrings last year when I discovered that the butterfly clasp was the wrong size.
TJC returned with the same clasp. I gave up and ask my local jeweller if he could help.

Sapphireblue

When my snowflake earrings arrived, one of the screw butterflies was too big, so I just contacted CS, and they sent me another one. I was expecting it to arrive in the post, but it was delivered by courier.

Latest posts

Back