Prolectrix worldwide internet radio & tv adapter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have it when people like you say these channels are a rip off! If you think it is a rip off, you dont buy it and the price will go down! The 200 who do buy it think it is good value for money.

If you owned a company and bought 15,000 of these gadgets for £10 each, and they were very popular and could easily sell for £50, would you sell it at £50 or decide to take it down to £20?

If they buy them at £10 and sell them for £50 they would get £40 + P&P and sell 200, they would make over £9500. If they took them to £20 they would make £3500. ANY business would try and make as much as possible.

Ebay isnt safe anyway! Ive had £150 lost through it on 2 items. It is a good site, dont get me wrong, but not good for comparing prices.

90% of the time ebay would be cheaper as you dont get a proper guarentee or any fall back if you get what I mean, not really proper companies.
- If you looked on a site like amazon, Im sore they would be £40-£50 on there.

^ Calm down, people are entitled to their opinions on here, I think they are a rip off too. I'm starting to think you work for the company

HAHA!! I can confirm I dont work for the company! I just think if the price goes down if no-one buys, so it is up to you how much you pay. If there 500 in an auction, there must be 500 people who think it is a good deal, as if theythought it was 'tat' they wouldnt buy it. If the price is too high, wait for the price to go down, then it wouldnt be a rip off!! Its all down to people like us how low the prices go!!

Hello clib68,the internet and radio adaptor are a very worth while item as long as you have the correct software on you computer to install it.I have bought 3 in the past,1 for myself and 2 for friends.I have also bought this from ebay and if you pay by paypal,you should be fine and have no problems.In regards to you and bexi about sit-up channels,i agree with you both.I have had more problems with buying from sit-up than any other shopping or internet shopping service.All i can say to Ben is that i hope that sit-up pay him for his possitive feedback by the amount of words he types, and not by the people who agree with him on here lol.

Thank-You Dazza, for the info. Ive always bought on ebay for about 10 years now, & your more protected on ebay than ever these days. There are loads of rip off prices on sit-up, I could name loads of items that I've compared online to sit-up, but that's another story. Personally I think sit-up have gone a lot more expensive since virgin sold them off.

There are no rip off prices on bid tv!! If people thought they were rip offs, they wouldnt buy and the price would go down, so its upto you!! :) I bought items off ebay and payed via paypal and an Item didnt work so sent it back, but as the seller moved house, paypal wouldnt refund and the seller wasnt respondiong to emails.

Ive heard bad feedback about bid tv/ pricedrop/ speed auction, which I take on board, but Ill keep using it til they muck me around, which I havent experienced yet!

There are bargains on ebay, and I will use them to but items under £10,but no expensive items.

Onthe other hand, bid tv do web checks; online for £70 and bid does it for under £10.

I bought items off ebay and payed via paypal and an Item didnt work so sent it back, but as the seller moved house, paypal wouldnt refund and the seller wasnt respondiong to emails.

If you'd sent it back recorded delivery you would have been refunded.
Your mistake, not ebay's!

I have 500+ feedback on ebay and I've only been done once.

Saw this item on ebay today for £14.99!! Sit-up sell it for £49.99!! & £7.99 & £1.50 phone call. Once again shows how much of a rip-off sit-up are!! Might consider getting one myself at £14.99. Anyone know if there any good?

Here's the link, if anyone's interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROLECTRIX-WO...FI&otn=10&po=&ps=63&clkid=8746184726326778600

Thanks

You can't compare that auction with Sit-up TV's.

I'm assuming Sit-up are selling new units....the ebay seller is selling what are returns/seconds, for whatever reason.

The rather humungous clue which you've missed was in their T&C:

<o:p> ===============================</o:p>
Terms of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Sale</st1:city></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
All the items we list are graded.
============================

If you'd sent it back recorded delivery you would have been refunded.
Your mistake, not ebay's!

I have 500+ feedback on ebay and I've only been done once.

The seller got a courier to pick it up. You dont understand!! I lost money! I shouldnt have to send it back recorded delivery! It isnt my fault that it was a bad seller, I shouldnt have to think about it, it is up to ebay to find the bad sellers!

I dont really see how it is a mistake!! - I sent it back FREE (via a courier) otherwise it would have cost around £30 via recorded delivery!

The thing is, I dont really think you can compare prices off an auction site! It has to be a propper shop or a trusted shop. Like amazon, not sellers on amazon, just amazon!

Like the last post, it is £15 because it is second hand, not in packaging!

Last edited:
The seller got a courier to pick it up. You dont understand!! I lost money! I shouldnt have to send it back recorded delivery!

Ben...I do understand, believe me.
In order for YOU to be protected when returning an item, YOU have to send it back recorded. YOU have to have the proof of return. Those are Paypal's T&C's end of.

I did say I got scammed once - I was also foolish enough to let a courier, sent by the seller, pick the item up. and not leave me a receipt bye bye £80. :angry: I was naive then, but not any more. :smirk:

I understand where you are comming from, but there is always a rish with buying from a seller you dont know, but bid tv has been around for 10 years and isnt much of a risk.

That item for £15 on ebay said it was already used and packaging not in good condition, - this is why the price is so low! Also there was only a short returns time.

Apart from bid tv, where have you seen a sony vaio p11zq go for £1 ?

Purchased on of these via Bid TV a week or so back. Received within a few days and it didn't take me long to appreciate that most of the claims made by the Bid TV sales team are exaggerated at best, downright lies at worst ! There are few TV channels worthy of mention, but I did make one of the ESPN channels a favourite, as it is an arm and a leg to pay for it via Freeview...Tried watching Man City v Porto last night but the stream just failed and failed and failed....

The movie channels consist of either old or very old stuff, so you really need to be an enthusiast for B&W B movie type material...

There is little if any TV worth watching via this medium...Radio channels are easily found via the internet.

All in all, an absolute piece of crap !....And how Bid TV can justify the £7.99 P&P mystifies me, as it's just a bubble pack in a cardboard envelope.
I guess we should all remind ourselves that the "goods" themselves are pretty cheap and nasty and that Bid TV plus its sisters make their money
from the "fullfilment" of the orders....Do a Google search on that paragon of virtue, Andrew Reynolds and you will see what I mean.

Cutting my losses and selling the PROlectrix dongle on Ebay, to recoup a couple of quid, otherwise it will just remain in a drawer gathering dust.

Latest posts

Back