Dedicated Follower of Fashion - NOT!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I hope everyone has noticed that it's been a while since I had one of my rants about a presenter. Yes I know I used to be rather harsh (to put it mildly) but I have been a reformed character of late. However! If I keep quiet any longer my blood pressure is going to go through the roof! :angry:

Chloe Marshall is the biggest waffler on TV! She changes her tune depending on what she's selling, one minute it's bright, bold colours that are in fashion, then 2 seconds later it's pastels and nudes!! Then she's saying that big statement piece rings are all the rage only to completely contradict herself a minute later by saying band rings are all the fashion! Now personally I couldn't give a toss what's in fashion, I wear what I want and what I like, but for her to talk all that drivel and think nobody will notice!!!! Doesn't she realise what a complete idiot she looks? Her own fashion sense is questionable so why on earth does she think she can preach to others? To top it all she was going on about Kate Winslet wearing her yellow diamond at the Oscars and tried to convince the viewers that they should buy a Citrine pendant and pretend it was a yellow diamond! :headbang:

This woman has to be the most annoying person on any shopping channel just now and I think it's about time she went back to presenting Polo for Cartier or at least she could muck out the horse's poo since she must be very familiar with that considering she talks it all day! :devil:

Chloe Marshall is the biggest waffler on TV! She changes her tune depending on what she's selling,.... but for her to talk all that drivel and think nobody will notice!!!! Doesn't she realise what a complete idiot she looks?
Obviously not hon, I still haven't got over her ridiculous 'Gladiator Emerald' performance. :mysmilie_483: She's always been the same, engages the gob before the brain and will spout any old carp to try and sell something to bump up her commission.

Her own fashion sense is questionable so why on earth does she think she can preach to others?
She doesn't have a clue does she?? One minute it's t-shirts and jackets which look okay but then she's dolled up in something floaty or satiny which really doesn't suit her huge frame. :confused:

To top it all she was going on about Kate Winslet wearing her yellow diamond at the Oscars and tried to convince the viewers that they should buy a Citrine pendant and pretend it was a yellow diamond! :headbang:
She really must think the viewers are as stupid as she is. :rolleyes:

This woman has to be the most annoying person on any shopping channel just now and I think it's about time she went back to presenting Polo for Cartier or at least she could muck out the horse's poo since she must be very familiar with that considering she talks it all day! :devil:
:mysmilie_497::mysmilie_504: I feel vindicated now because you can see exactly why this woman has annoyed me for so long and why I have to switch over when she's pontificating nineteen to the dozen with her stupid statements. :headbang:

Chloe "Breton" Marshall !!!!! soooo annoying I heard her tell me that everyone would imagine the citrine pendant was a yellow diamond.
RIGHT so they will be burglars tonight for the 5ct citrine ring I have in my drawer.
Perhaps I should start keeping it safe in my "drawers" no-one will want to go there.

Chloe "Breton" Marshall !!!!! soooo annoying I heard her tell me that everyone would imagine the citrine pendant was a yellow diamond.
RIGHT so they will be burglars tonight for the 5ct citrine ring I have in my drawer.
Perhaps I should start keeping it safe in my "drawers" no-one will want to go there.

Oh I dunno. Maybe with a miner's helmet with lamp, a rope and crampons, and a canary in a little cage, should be okay. :mysmilie_12: xxxxxxxx

Well I for one really enjoy watching Chloe. I find her entertaining. So what if her fashion tips chop and change from day to day - it's all part of the sales patter.

Well I for one really enjoy watching Chloe. I find her entertaining. So what if her fashion tips chop and change from day to day - it's all part of the sales patter.

:up: Me Too Avid, plus there are many fashions all in at once, you wouldn't just fill your wardrobe with all the same thing would you so you need varying items to mix and match. Following fashion is alright by me :rock:

I can take or leave her but IMO she's a better presenter than some of the others ! :giggle:

Hi all

I think Chloe takes battering on this forum (almost weekly) and I am not sure why.
I recognise that we all have our favourites! Some we like, some we loath.
I find Chloe well dressed and always looking good with nice hair, makeup and nails. I would not say that this lady is drop dead gorgeous however I would say that she is very attractive. On the whole, Chloe is a polished presenter who does a good job selling jewellery.
On a personal note, I would rather listen to Chloe talking about fashion which I find interesting than listen to an ageing male presenter wearing hideous coloured shirts which is classified as high fashion (I think not) I am probably the only one who turns over to another channel when this presenter is on.
I await for the bricks to decend on my head, as I say, we are all different!

Sapphireblue

Hi all

I think Chloe takes battering on this forum (almost weekly) and I am not sure why.
I find Chloe well dressed and always looking good with nice hair, makeup and nails. I would not say that this lady is drop dead gorgeous however I would say that she is very attractive. On the whole, Chloe is a polished presenter who does a good job selling jewellery.
On a personal note, I would rather listen to Chloe talking about fashion which I find interesting than listen to an ageing male presenter wearing hideous coloured shirts which is classified as high fashion (I think not) I am probably the only one who turns over to another channel when this presenter is on.
I await for the bricks to decend on my head, as I say, we are all different!

Sapphireblue

Yes we all have our favourites but mine are usually entertaining. The "ageing male presenter" as you call him, in addition to being a lovely, genuine man, is a fashion expert (and Costume Supervisor of numerous Hollywood films) whereas Ms "Breton Cheryl Cole" Marshall imho knows absolutely zilch, zero, nothing about fashion whatsoever. That could easily be seen the other day when she had her red/cerise jacket, blue and white Breton T Shirt and garish red/cerise nails! The day I take fashion tips from Ms Marshall is the day when I know I've really lost the plot!

Oh and by the way, I personally couldn't give a toss whether a presenter is 16 or 66, that is totally irrelevant.

Hi all

Sapphireblue

I agree, she speaks nicely and is indeed always well turned out, I actually think she is fashionable just in a style that some dislike. I do find the constant 'Chloe bashing' a bit tiresome and at times too harsh.

Yes we all have our favourites but mine are usually entertaining. The "ageing male presenter" as you call him, in addition to being a lovely, genuine man, is a fashion expert (and Costume Supervisor of numerous Hollywood films) whereas Ms "Breton Cheryl Cole" Marshall imho knows absolutely zilch, zero, nothing about fashion whatsoever. That could easily be seen the other day when she had her red/cerise jacket, blue and white Breton T Shirt and garish red/cerise nails! The day I take fashion tips from Ms Marshall is the day when I know I've really lost the plot!

Oh and by the way, I personally couldn't give a toss whether a presenter is 16 or 66, that is totally irrelevant.

Maybe what you find entertaining others don't, and vise versa. I disagree that Chloe 'knows nothing about fashion' in fact she seems pretty clued in to me. I find her so inoffensive and I just don't get all the venom directed at her from this forum??? :angry:

I like the 'ageing male presenter' very much but if my hubby came home in one of those shirts there would be a divorce! :tongue:

I have always liked Chloe. I was an avid TJC viewer when she was with them first time around and I actually missed her when she left!

I heard her mention Breton the other day for the first time.

Yes, John is entertaining, but I also find Chloe entertaining - I'm sure I can't be the only one!!

Must be a marmite moment - but I LOVE marmite - and also Chloe gets my 2 thumbs up! I like her, at least I can listen to her without having to reach for the remote and put the mute button on - and yes, she may be in to her fashion trends, informing us of whats in and whats out - at least she keeps some of us viewers in the "LOOP" with whats what fashion wise! no more fashion faux pas this season for me. :up::up:

I like Chloe and the rest of the gang with the exception of Vicki Brown and Liz Fuller, these two drive me to distraction in the same way as Chloe does for others. The answer is very simple when it's someone that really grates for you, don't watch when they are on

The one thing that drives me mad with all of them is pronouncing schedule as "skedgedule" - this is not America, it's "SHEDULE"!!!!! (Sorry folks , just a pet hate of mine!):angry:

I don't mind Chloe but I hate the "red carpet", "Bond Street" and "looks like a Cheryl Cole/Jennifer Lopez/[insert name of celeb]" comments.

As for her fashion advice? Well she may be on the money because apparently Breton stripes, African tribal, simple lines, nudes, vibrant neons, tailored classics are in all fashion ........... lol

:mysmilie_507: I was just checking my emails and I received a link to this, it doesn't get much more cutting edge that this retailer so I had to share. Looks like Chloe is right :angel:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Li...-Dedicated-_-BretonStripes300310-_-IntlOutfit

The Nautical look - blimey that brings back some very good memories of a very mispent youth (back in the 80's!! lol) my sister had these huge anchor earrings (that would have put both Pat Butcher and Bet Lynch in the dark! lol) and she wore a navy blue and white striped top, and bright red pedal pushers, and me, a white and red striped top, blue cropped jeans, with huge parrot earrings!! and we went to Littlehampton, had our photo taken with a cappucine monkey! (yes one could say it was a photo of the three wise monkeys - or spot the monkey, whichever way you look at it!! lol) (oh, and dont forget the confederate style denim jacket, that i thought was sooooo cool! LOL!!!! looking back at the photo, we look like a couple of extras for the Pirates of the Caribbean! lol

Was in town today and BonMarche must be cutting edge as well!!:giggle:

Ah bless :cool: Bet theirs were mucho differo in price :grin:

The Nautical look - blimey that brings back some very good memories of a very mispent youth (back in the 80's!! lol) my sister had these huge anchor earrings (that would have put both Pat Butcher and Bet Lynch in the dark! lol) and she wore a navy blue and white striped top, and bright red pedal pushers, and me, a white and red striped top, blue cropped jeans, with huge parrot earrings!! and we went to Littlehampton, had our photo taken with a cappucine monkey! (yes one could say it was a photo of the three wise monkeys - or spot the monkey, whichever way you look at it!! lol) (oh, and dont forget the confederate style denim jacket, that i thought was sooooo cool! LOL!!!! looking back at the photo, we look like a couple of extras for the Pirates of the Caribbean! lol

Or 'The Lost Boys' :wink:

I said they were back in fashion.......not that it was ever a good look :devil: :grin:Only joking, I have some memories that my brain has tried desperately hard to omit of early 80s fashion, I had a rara skirt in a shiny leather look fabric......OMG I've just admitted this on a public forum :blush:

Ah bless :cool: Bet theirs were mucho differo in price :grin:

Or 'The Lost Boys' :wink:

I said they were back in fashion.......not that it was ever a good look :devil: :grin:Only joking, I have some memories that my brain has tried desperately hard to omit of early 80s fashion, I had a rara skirt in a shiny leather look fabric......OMG I've just admitted this on a public forum :blush:

I can go one better than that! I had a big buffy, fuffy, billowing everywhere "Adam and the Ants" Shirt!! If the wind caught your sleeves right, you wouldnt be seen for days!!! you get blown clear down to Brighton Town! lol

Chloe Marshall is the biggest waffler on TV! She changes her tune depending on what she's selling, one minute it's bright, bold colours that are in fashion, then 2 seconds later it's pastels and nudes!! Then she's saying that big statement piece rings are all the rage only to completely contradict herself a minute later by saying band rings are all the fashion! Now personally I couldn't give a toss what's in fashion, I wear what I want and what I like, but for her to talk all that drivel and think nobody will notice!!!! Doesn't she realise what a complete idiot she looks? Her own fashion sense is questionable so why on earth does she think she can preach to others? To top it all she was going on about Kate Winslet wearing her yellow diamond at the Oscars and tried to convince the viewers that they should buy a Citrine pendant and pretend it was a yellow diamond! :headbang:

Can someone give me a clue as to why this thread seems to have turned into a 'Chloe is right about Breton T shirts' please? Where in my initial post did I mention anything about her being wrong about Breton stuff or indeed where did I even mention Breton stuff? Yes I have mentioned on a previous thread that her incessant ranting and mention of "Breton T Shirts" every 2 seconds drives me mad but at no time did I say they were not in fashion. Any idiot knows the Nautical look has made a comeback just now! However I have never seen any Nautical outfits with Ruby or Emerald accessories as suggested by Ms Marshall!

What I was pointing out was that she was changing her tune as to what was in fashion depending on what she's selling - see highlighted section.

Since some of you have been so keen to point out that "Nauticals" are in fashion (which can be seen in every High Street chain store), and therefore Chloe must be an expert and know her stuff, can you post any fashion pics showing the Red/Cerise jacket, Breton Blue & White T Shirt and Red/Cerise nails because as far as I have seen this kind of look went out in the 1970's!!

In addition, her constant price comparison claims are also ridiculous and I am sure that the ASA are bound to receive complaints about that because she completely goes over the top there too!

Latest posts

Back