lost stone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

blinglover

Registered Shopper
bought a beautiful green amerthyst and fire opal ring but when going to put it on for the second time noticed one of the fire opals missing rang TJC who offered a refund or replacement wanted replacement loved the ring.having not received the replacement have just rang them and was told its at our jewellers seeing what he can do with it i told them i didnt ask for a repair i wanted a replacement and was told the jeweller would let them know whats to be done alright ,i said no not alright so when i am i going to get my ring and he said dont know when the jewellers have finished .hows that for CS

Hi Blinglover, how long have you had the ring? perhaps what has happened is, the ring is discontinued - and TJC thought it would be easier to send it to their own jewellery repairs and have the stone replaced for you, for free; if thats the case, i would take full advantage of this, as I have learned from my sisters experience; years ago, I bought her a lovely opal and garnet victorian style ring for her 18th, and many, many years later, one of the opals cracked, and my sister was really upset., so she took it to her local jeweller and asked him to replace the opal - which he did - but the thing was, the new opal, was not at all a match to the opals in the ring, it stood out like a sore thumb, and it set my sister back £80.00! and I am talking about an opal the size of half a pin head here!!
So maybe tjc have green amethysts or fire opals that will match up perfectly - Next time when you ring TJC, ask to talk to Miles; or send an email to TJC asking for Miles to contact you - ask him if he could help solve your request - he is really good, and a really nice person to talk to - if there is anyone there who can sort it, it will be Miles - he is a STAR! Hope you get it sorted, xxxx

Last edited:
Ah what a shame! But PG beat me to it, maybe they don't have another one and will repair yours, which is better than nothing, wouldn't have hurt to have kept you in the loop though would it? Sometimes I think a little telephone call to let you know what is happening would go a very long way. :flower: Hope you get it sorted soon.

had the ringabout 3 weeks rang when i noticedthe stone missing and they checked had 6 in stock and put down wanted replacement so shouldnt be a prob in theory

Oh dear, sounds like another case of right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. :angry:

Latest posts

Back