Bid tv secrets........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
After having a long chat with Guy Kean on Facebook, I know a lot more about these channels that I ever have!

During an average week, there are 30 freelance spaces for the freelancers.

** Guy is doing alot of shifts soon as adam is on holiday and needs to get a lot of shifts as he is freelance and wont be doing his friday- monday stunt.
These are the days he will be doing on bid or price-drop;
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday. (10 shifts in 11 days)

6 new (non freelance) presenters are starting on 12th April, but wont be starting on TV til May time.

One (female) presenter has resigned, but was unable to tell me who for confidential reasons.

When the 6 presenters join, there will only be about 5 or so free shifts a week for the freelancers, so you will be seeing less of the following presenters;

Guy Kean
Lynn Taylor
Michelle Livings
Charlie Mcardle
Nicola George
Lee Jason
Danielle Fearnon (and many more!!)

I hope the new presenters are worth while watching, otherwise Ill only tune in when Paul Becque or Peter Sherlock is on!!

The staff turnover of this company is ridiculous, just goes to show you what management is like!

I do hope one of them doing less shifts is Mark Ryes! Very bitchy man about certain celebs like Eamonn Holmes Kate Thornton & Garraway. Because I stated FACTS off his twitter page he threatened me with libel action plus Kat Williams who said "off to sell tat to the general public" said on her twitter page "People who don't understand sarcasam shouldn't read my tweets".

The staff turnover of this company is ridiculous, just goes to show you what management is like!

I might sound a bit dumb here, butwhat do you mean?!?!?

And yes, Mark is a freelance and will be seeing much less of him.

Guy does Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon at the moment, but is unsure what he will be doing when the 'newbies' arrive, but apparently it will be much less.

Mark ryes may have 1 or 2 permanent shifts but not as many as now, as alot of the presenters are freelance.

On Paul Becques facebook, about a week ago, a person said 'Ill be joning you on bid tv soon!' and paul said, 'Did you get the job', so one might be him, but he might be a producer for all I know! :)

Gosh! I only watch the shoppers when there's nothing on TV, or roosting in the bedroom waiting to get in the bathroom ( for the first 12 years of their lives I couldn't get my twin boys near soap and water, then they discovered and girls and for the next 12 years I couldn't get them out of the bathroom)
I really enjoy this forum it gives another depth to the channels.
Has Claire left... the dark haired one who keeps wriggling about as if she has ants in her knickers... ?
I'm not keen on Mark Rye either, and I'm afraid I have to switch Paul B off, he is too loud, peter Simon irritates me, but I'm a big fan of Peter Sherlock.

Tasi I was wondering if it was Clare Stuart too! I had Bid Tv on in the background in the bedroom last night and Mark Ryes explained that last night and tonight are his last shifts at 10pm and that a "Well known face that people will instantly recognise" was taking over Ryes shifts from next Wednesday.

I'm a massive fan of Peter Sherlock he is a "friend" of mine on Facebook and he contributed a lot to a look back at the decade work project I was compiling at the end of last year. Love when he presents.

A lot of people are starting to complain to Paul Becque on Facebook about the seperate sales of Duvet sets , Throws and Curtains on Bid Tv and the fact that they have to pay 3 £7.99 p&p , one person stated that they were put off from buying them because they couldn't afford that amount of money (£50). Paul Becque replied "Yes we are aware that people are unhappy about paying 3 seperate p&p's but you are getting a duvet set for £5 a throw for £5 and curtains for £10 thats £25 for three items plus when you add on £24 p&p it still comes to a very respectable £49 , that price cannot be beaten , try going to Next and see if you can get a duvet set a throw and curtains for £25 I don't think you can".

Peter Simon irritates the sh*t out of me with his presenting and selling patter I want to throw something at the tv when he is on.

I might sound a bit dumb here, butwhat do you mean?!?!?

And yes, Mark is a freelance and will be seeing much less of him.

Guy does Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon at the moment, but is unsure what he will be doing when the 'newbies' arrive, but apparently it will be much less.

Mark ryes may have 1 or 2 permanent shifts but not as many as now, as alot of the presenters are freelance.

On Paul Becques facebook, about a week ago, a person said 'Ill be joning you on bid tv soon!' and paul said, 'Did you get the job', so one might be him, but he might be a producer for all I know! :)

He means they have too many presenters.

Tasi I was wondering if it was Clare Stuart too! I had Bid Tv on in the background in the bedroom last night and Mark Ryes explained that last night and tonight are his last shifts at 10pm and that a "Well known face that people will instantly recognise" was taking over Ryes shifts from next Wednesday.

I'm a massive fan of Peter Sherlock he is a "friend" of mine on Facebook and he contributed a lot to a look back at the decade work project I was compiling at the end of last year. Love when he presents.

A lot of people are starting to complain to Paul Becque on Facebook about the seperate sales of Duvet sets , Throws and Curtains on Bid Tv and the fact that they have to pay 3 £7.99 p&p , one person stated that they were put off from buying them because they couldn't afford that amount of money (£50). Paul Becque replied "Yes we are aware that people are unhappy about paying 3 seperate p&p's but you are getting a duvet set for £5 a throw for £5 and curtains for £10 thats £25 for three items plus when you add on £24 p&p it still comes to a very respectable £49 , that price cannot be beaten , try going to Next and see if you can get a duvet set a throw and curtains for £25 I don't think you can".

Peter Simon irritates the sh*t out of me with his presenting and selling patter I want to throw something at the tv when he is on.

Thanks Dippy, I too am fed up with the scam over duvet, throw and curtains. What annoys me is the 'Now folks, the throw is up next and be warned, if you have bought the duvet we don't have as many throws so get in early or you will miss it' I mean come on! You would have to add £30 to the cost of duvet curtains and throw before you paid what they are asking.

The bedding which goes for £50 (inc P&P) is reasonable, as the sanderson bedding they sell is online for over £170 for the lot, but If you bought it and then it didnt seem quite right, you can return it, but you would loose out on £24 from P&P!!

I think more people would buy if the item cost £5 more and the P&P was £5 less, (still making it the same price) but if you return items, you wouldnt loose out as much.

Can someone at bid tell Peter Simon that Michael is not pronounced as Michelle. He is forever doing this! So irritating.

^^^^^

I dont work for bid tv, but even if I did tell peter youre Michael and not Michelle, he wouldnt take it on board because he is ALWAYS calling Lucia (the assistant) Lucinda (the floor manager)

I know what you mean Bexi. Norman has just become Norma! Does anyone know the "well known" face that is taking over Mark Ryes 10pm slot on Wednesday and Thursday nights!

Just watched Mark Ryes on Price Drop talk about their p&p costs being resonable. So wrong. What's with his constant bitching about QVC or as he calls it 'Channel Shoppy-Shop'.

Latest posts

Back