Moira C handbags.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
A quick question - or two!

Did any ladies out there buy a Moira C handbag last year and, if so, have you had any problems with the handles?

My wife has a problem with hers and I was wondering whether she was alone. If anyone has had this problem, how did you resolve it?

i'm a fan of the tutti frutti velluti cos the zip-off bottom section is perfect for snacks ( i can fit the BOGOF offer of battenburg in it and still have room for my diacalm tabs and tena ladys....only trouble i've had with straps is fitting them over my arms :D

i'd contact Moi via her website; www.windmills r us.com

Moira usually secretes another 64 and a half spare handles in a hidden pocket above the tutti frutti velluti sooty booty cutie bottie bag strap on thing at the bottom, maybe have a look in there?

Hi everyone again and thanks for your replies.

I was curious as to whether anyone had had adverse experiences with Moira's bags. My wife bought one last year but in just a few months, the faux leather handles started to "crack" and she couldn't hold it properly for fear of hurting her little hands on the sharp edges.

She complained and it was replaced. The same thing then happened. We recently complained again and they told us that Moira's policy was £10 off a new bag (which are now apparently produced by new suppliers).

We still weren't happy and wrote to Moira saying we didn't feel this was appropriate. We got a new bag of their choosing but no apology.

So, just to make everyone aware that you might want to be cautious when getting these. As I say, apparently the bags are made by different people now - and they needed to be - and hopefully this handle issue is a thing of the past.

Thanks.

Have only just seen this so sorry for not replying earlier. My neighbour, a while back, bought one of those plastic ones with the zip around bit at the bottom. Within a week the zip had broken, she sent it back and it was replaced. Then the hadles started to crack, but they were a bit sniffy about replacing it. She threatened them with trading standards and the News of the World (!) and she got her money back after telling them where to stick the credit note they first offered.

:giggle: The NOTW would not be interested.

I wonder if it was a bad batch with the alleged handle cracking?

Faux Leather is just a pretentious way of saying PVC. It's plastic, plastic will crack on continued use if the general fabric feel is malleable; having said that, if the coating is coming off and peeling, it smacks of poor manufacturing (which could explain why they are changing supplier).

Either way, items sold ought to be fit for the purpose for which they are designed - and if you buy a handbag, especially one that's as robust as the claims made by Ms Clutterbuck, then you expect it to last more than a few months.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-do-you-measure-quality/

Latest posts

Back