FDJ jeans!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Have you seen the price of these? £125....they've got lycra in them! I'm sure I've got marks and sparks jeans with lycra in them, and they were about £20! And if they're that flattering why is Loen wearing a long cardi with them? What a waste of money!

People are buying these, I can't believe it. NOBODY needs to pay over a hundred pounds for a pair of jeans!!!!! I know we went through a phase of buying overpriced Levis in the 80's..but I thought things had moved along since!!!

Fat Derriere Jeans?...you'd need a fat wallet that's for sure!

I couldn't believe it either.....£100+.....as if....

And as usual, misleading pics of "before" and "after".
The before shots clearly with the model closer to the camera and the after shots further away, so NO WONDER they looked smaller! *sigh*

I thought the models backside looked bigger in these jeans than normal ones. I couldn't believe the price of them let alone they were selling out. :confused:

I had a quick glance at these! One question since when has petite size been a length of 30"?????????????

I thought it was funny how they were harping on about the "dreaded" high street jeans...ffs, they could have chosen a pair that looked a lot lot worse than the ones they used cos imo, they actually looked better on the model than the FDJ's, or MTS (more money than sense) ones, as I'm now referring to them as!

Yep I know a lot of jeans are low rise, but if you don't want low rise, dont buy low rise, it's not as if there isn't a choice, especially since they went out of "high fashion" at least five years ago! I wouldn't be that bothered about the joys of being able to try them on in the comfort of my own home when they're that price, you pay a fiver to get them sent, then another few quid to send them back if you're not happy with them...and not forgetting having to queue up in the post office, the parking, or bus fare if the post office isn't on your doorstep.... they all to ready to cite these as reasons not to shop on the high street, but the chances are if you do, you'll find something you like and come home happy.

I'm just flabberghasted that people seem to be parting with such ridiculous amounts of cash for such a mundane item of clothing as a pair of jeans.

Have you seen the price of these? £125....they've got lycra in them! I'm sure I've got marks and sparks jeans with lycra in them, and they were about £20! And if they're that flattering why is Loen wearing a long cardi with them? What a waste of money!
Didn't see them on IW but I've been wearing them for years. Bought my first pair in New York nearly 20 years ago. Don't fool yourselves. These jeans are absolutely divine and worth every cent and more.

Apart from a short foray into Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in the '70s I always looked on jeans as only suitable for dog walking until I got my FDJs. As for the price I am still wearing a ten year old pair so year by year they have worked out as a very good bargain, especially as they still look good enough for smart casual wear!

Don't knock what you don't know.

Didn't see them on IW but I've been wearing them for years. Bought my first pair in New York nearly 20 years ago. Don't fool yourselves. These jeans are absolutely divine and worth every cent and more.

Apart from a short foray into Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in the '70s I always looked on jeans as only suitable for dog walking until I got my FDJs. As for the price I am still wearing a ten year old pair so year by year they have worked out as a very good bargain, especially as they still look good enough for smart casual wear!

Don't knock what you don't know.

Please accept my humble apology for knocking your fdjs....I am soooo sorry, please forgive me!

Er, OKay. So 5ft 1 and half inches wear flat shoes. So the 33inch etc and even 30 inch way too long. Short waisted too, so these wonderful high waisted look they rave about actually comes to my rib cage. Oh I have a flat bum too but a stomach, so unless they can transfer won't get the pulled up bum they rave about either.

What the heck is with all the sparkle detail on them? Yuck! I do not want the Rhine Stone Cowboy look.

Give me M&S jeans any day. Sit on the waist and that means my own natural waist too. Oh I have a pair over ten years and still wear them.

I saw these last night and couldn't believe the price! They all wore such high heels as they didn't want to turn them up but at 33'' they would be too long for a lot of people.

I like M&S jeans too and I pay enough there at 30 odd quid a pop :wonder:

Er, OKay. So 5ft 1 and half inches wear flat shoes. So the 33inch etc and even 30 inch way too long. Short waisted too, so these wonderful high waisted look they rave about actually comes to my rib cage. Oh I have a flat bum too but a stomach, so unless they can transfer won't get the pulled up bum they rave about either.

What the heck is with all the sparkle detail on them? Yuck! I do not want the Rhine Stone Cowboy look.

Give me M&S jeans any day. Sit on the waist and that means my own natural waist too. Oh I have a pair over ten years and still wear them.

well said Donna xx

Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I was intrigued to see everyone's comments on FDJ's after seeing them today on IW.

They are playing on the fact that it's hard to get jeans for 'curvy girls' now French Dressing Jeans - I can see the attraction - jeans are a nightmare if you have a belly and a bottom!

However, I am a size 20 and 5"3 and I got the best jeans ever from.....Bonne Marche :happy: - the most uncool shop but they have a 29" leg and fit really well. I also bought a pair of Diana Gilman jeans which are great also.

Poor Amy - the young lass today wearing clearing incorrect type of jeans that cut straight across her belly..she's a 16/18 but you can buy jeans for this size. Also the jeans she was wearing were much more trendy and the glittery FDJ's looked old fashioned.

Last edited:
I got the best jeans ever from.....Bonne Marche :happy: - the most uncool shop but they have a 29" leg and fit really .

BM have some gems. I bought a fab mac a few years ago, dear at £60 but it washes in the machine, drip dries without a crease and does not have a break in the cotton thread.

Sparkly bits on jeans aren't my choice either but "chaq'un a son gout", as they say.

I agree with you that M&S jeans are great....except they don't fit me because of my shape. One of the problems with trousers is that many manufacturers don't get the idea that taller women (even slim ones) often have a longer waist-line to crotch measurement as well as longer legs than women who are considered by the rag trade to be "average" woman.

Latest posts

Back