GemsTV USA - filed for bankruptcy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
They will cease being on air from 15th April. The reason cited is that in this economy less people are buying jewellery and with the rising costs of gold, jewellery making is becoming un-profitable.

However, on a more positive note, their parent company are trying to buy JTV who are a rival jewellery TV network that airs in the US.

We had a thread on this back on 8th March Meesh, it was one of the articles on the forum's news page back then. I was very surprised because I thought at one point Gemstv USA was propping up the UK business. I did read somewhere recently that their losses over here had dropped from something like £18 million to only £6million! (or maybe it was dollars).

Ooops that'll teach me not to read the News section!

Apologies for the old news!

Ooops that'll teach me not to read the News section!

Apologies for the old news!

Is James Russell on the UK Gems? Sorry to ask the obvious, but we only have freeview. I hope he isn't because if Gems goes bust over here, the only place which would take him and his ego back would be the situps and it has been a pleasure not seeing him on there for some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIMeGqtO80&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P09x1E7I7I&feature=related

Here are the high lights from the last hour at Gems Tv, it was very sad to see them go. Also very sad to think that they are like one big family, which is what gems tv here used to be, but I cant see how it was a cash drain on the company, surely it cant have made a loss for 3 and a half years. There was obviously the potential in the US market otherwise they wouldn’t have purchased a stake in Jewelry Tv! I do feel for Craig and his wife and all the other workers!

Awww shucks............................
crying.gif

Thank you Phill and Meesh for posting the above links, although I didn't watch GemsUSA on the net
it was sad to see them having to shut up shop.

On the upside it was great to see Craigy boy again.......unchanged and still a cheeky chappy and also to see
his lovely wife Katie at last.

Can we have them both back over here ............please?
Nodding.gif
Nodding.gif

Really sad that all those people will be out of work, let's hope they find suitable employment soon.

I watched for short time after midnight today and they were selling at very low prices, hope it's not an omen. Don't buy that often from Gems but have always been pleased with purchases

Latest posts

Back