soda stream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loubylou

PJ's bestie :)
anyone see the soda stream shows with shaun? i thought i'd transported back to the 80s lol everyone had one when i was growing up all my friends and family my parents never got round to one for our house which is good cos if i remember they didn't taste very nice especially the cola was like rola cola as peter kay would say :) they prob taste better now but am not tempted just nice to have a bit of a flashback lol

They're a bit of fun...but another five minute wonder! It's all exciting at first trying it all out, then you're left with a number of sticky bottles of concentrate of the ones you're not so keen on. Then you scour the high street for the replacement cartridges/drinks concentrates....eventually find someone who sells them, spend a small fortune...use it again for a week or so...then think sod it, and throw it out with your next clear out!

It was like an 80's flashback, we never had one we were too poor, now I don't want one lol! I can't see them becoming the big thing again, there was always a big fuss getting gas bottles! There cola did taste like rola cola and I suspect their non sugar range will be just as bad!

I bought one in '81 and used it for diet drinks. I loved it! It worked out a lot cheaper than buying the cans and I used it loads till it gave up the ghost. I wouldn't buy one now though. As Merry says it would entail too much hassle geting all the stuff. I'm slim-lining gadgetwise anyway. The less carp in my kitchen, the better!

I thought that even Shaun was struggling to talk about fizzy drinks for a whole hour. Plus, £65 [inc P&P] is a lot to pay for a plastic contraption that essentially gets oxygen out of a canister.

Latest posts

Back