Top up tv 4 day deal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

uptheferrets

Registered Shopper
Don't know much about these things not techie

Husband is interested in the free sport until next year.

We have Sky £45 a month i want to cancel it as i watch freeview anyway

Anyone any thoughts as to wether this is worth it?

Haven't ordered fron IW for months due to past issues

I'd rather buy something like this locally, from Currys, Comet etc. Reason is if anything gows wrong (heaven forbid), you might not have so much hastle trying to have a repair done. Also, by buying locally, you can have a look at it, close up. Plus there's a sales-person you can talk to and ask any questions.

Aldi had this same machine in last week but with 160gb hardrive and 1 month Setanta so this seem likes an ok deal :eek:

I have been looking elsewhere on line for same deal.

Seems to be plenty about but most say 1 month setanta sport.

O/h keen to get the 1 season deal (10 months- to may2009)

Look out for the old boxes there getting rid of all are showing the newThomson box but it's the old one they seem to be selling that goes for Tesco and Argos.

Don't know much about these things not techie

Husband is interested in the free sport until next year.

We have Sky £45 a month i want to cancel it as i watch freeview anyway

Anyone any thoughts as to wether this is worth it?

Haven't ordered fron IW for months due to past issues
Tesco have exactly the same freeview box with a year of Setanta sports for £99.97......so saving yourself the postage also if its not suitable you just take it back.....;)

If your thinking of going to TUTV as a past subscriber i can tell you DON'T a total waste of money looks good on paper but isn't,remember it looks like you have a lot of channels
but all you get in my view anyway is American rubbish downloaded overnight.

Seems a good deal to me, but again like the previous poster said, don't deal with IDW and go to Tesco or somewhere.

We used to have the full package on Sky at a LOT a month and went to Freeview and it was wonderful, Freeview boxes are like £15 in Argos now and they are fine, we have 2 and Dad has 1.

Sure your hubby might miss the odd thing or two which hurts at first but when you add up your saving every month and see how much it comes to over say a year, then you'll be happy you switched.

Just an update

He did actually listen to all the good advice given and bought from Argos, withe the Setanta until may next year free and the trialof top up tv.

Very disappointed in the topup tv as i agree with a previous post mainly American rubbish downloaded overnight.

We had deselected the childrens programmes, but the programmes we have been getting are will & Grace Nip & tuck the odd Monkey business, Angel, its been a case of have a look in the morning what has downloaded and delete, which doesn't leave a lot, so I don't think we will renew after the 30 days. Which isn't 30 days as it took 4 days to get anything to download from them, and several calls to sort it out

As we can choose which 'stations ' to accept downloads from it's a pity we can't exclude certain programmes, but then if we did this there wouldn't ne any downloads at all!

But he is happy at being able to record some programmes that he misses due to being at work at night

We cancelled Sky a couple of months ago, we only had it for the sport really. We subscribed to Setanta but we use the old Sky box. Setanta's OK probably not as good as Sky (I do miss Jeff Stelling and the boys on Saturday lol). We've got no regrets though we pay about £10 per month instead of over £40.

Sorry but TUTVA is crap so is the boxes it is always potluck if you ever get the downloads you want thats if the box doesn't pack up.

Latest posts

Back