Im so angry with rockstv!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianglitter

Fire up the Quattro!
I have been sitting on this since monday 12th April - and the more i think about it, the more i boil over with anger.

On tuesday 6th april - i placed and order for a bracelet - as due to circumstances builiding up over the whole of easter - our wedding anniversary had been put to one side. I told my old man that i had brought a pearl bracelet as present on his behalf, and he told me that he thought he could do better than a pearl bracelet, and told me to go and order the kunzite, that i had my eye on! and you know when your old man tells you to go spend on his card, you dont hang around asking questions or wait to be told again - before he changes his mind! lol

Any way went and fired up the lap top, went onto coloured rocks website, on to gemstones, Kunzite, and retrieved details of said ring! Rang Rockstv CS, and placed order. I asked if the robbery they had, would impede any delivery dates for my order - and was told no - it wouldnt, delivery would be at the end of the week. So she then took the details of my old mans debit card, and i had to wait for a bit, and she told me that everything had gone through, and gave me an order number.

All i had to do now, was sit and wait! Friday crept around, and by 4pm, and eroding my hall carpet - no sign of DPD man. So at 5pm i telephoned Rockstv CS, and told them of my problem, spoke to a really nice man, and he informed me that due to the back log of deliveries caused by the robbery - my delivery had to be put back - and i would in fact receive my order on tuesday 13th april.

Much relieved and even more excited, i waited, and i waited - then Monday 12th April - i received a phone call from a girl in the cs department - who informed me that they had only just discovered the fact, that the ring i had ordered was in fact in the haul that had been stolen - and therefore i couldnt have the ring as it was out of stock. As you can imagine, i was slightly gutted, and as i was talking to her, i went onto the coloured rocks website, to see if there was another ring i could order - but there was no ring the same carat size - she said i could still have the bracelet - which i said no, there was no point (as i was feeling disappointed) so the whole order was cancelled.

Any way I then decided to check our bank account, via internet banking, and noticed that the balance was diffy, by £123.95, which is the very same amount of my order with rockstv. I telephoned cs and said that £123.95 had been removed from the account. CS rep, stated that rockstv personally had not removed the money, it was merely in holding, awaiting rockstv, to claim it, it will be repaid into the account within 3 workings days (which it was).

Then to rub salt into my wounds, i decided to go back on coloured rocks website at 5.30pm, and there was the ring i had ordered - the very same one. The one i had been told had been stolen and was out of stock. It was back on the website some 5 hours after me being told on the phone i couldnt have it - as it stolen!!!

So as you can imagine - by this time, i was fuming, in fact raging, i know a tad pathetic, and selfish (bearing in mind that rocks tv had a robbery) but by tuesday morning i was so angry, that i took action, and emailed sarah bennett, at 11.57 and i told her moreoreless the same as above - i got the shortest of replies - she mentioned that they had a nightmare of a week, and that she would try and look into it for me, and let me know!

what i do not understand is, i am pretty sure that their presenters tell you (and i am not mixing them up with gems) that they do not take the money from your cards, until your order is ready to be despatched. So why did they take the money for my order - when quite clearly i didnt have an order - as it was gone - stolen. Surely someone must have thought this, prior to sanctioning the removals of monies?

I cannot understand how i get told the day before i am due the delivery that the ring,it is not there - (the dead parrot sketch from monty python comes to my mind at this moment!)
How can they make such a monumental cock up, i mean i rang to order it, i rang to check as to its whereabouts when it wasnt delivered the first time around - so why didnt it set off any alarms bells - and i did at the point of ordering, ask if the robbery has caused any significant problems with orders!

Thus far, i am still awaiting to hear what the cock up was, and why i didnt get my ring - and why it was left so late before they realised it was amongst the stolen items - but an apology for all the phoning around and emailing that i have had to do, wouldnt go amiss!

I doubt very much if i will receive a reply as to what the problem(s) were - but i am so disheartened by their actions, i havent experienced a monumental cock up like this, with any other telly selly company.

I wouldnt have thought in the present financial climate, they could afford to treat their customers with such casual disregard - it doesnt instill confidence, and i dont think i will ever shop with them again.

Now, that feels oh so much better - poor old man was getting my maximum whinging - and its not his fault.
Rant over PG signing off xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to read this, its awful when you have the excitement butterflies over a new piece of jewellery and you get let down!
I hope you find something even nicer realy soon x

I am sorry this happen after all you have been through.

Not good enough Rockstv, makes you think they have no idea what they actually have in stock. Would think after the robbery a full inventory should have been done and the website updated.

By the way they can put the money back in your account in a few hours. It just takes RocksTV to contact your bank and ask for the money to be put back in your account. It happened to me only it was Gemstv who did it.

Dreadful saga and esp for an anniversary. I have been waiting for two loose gems for nearly two weeks. No Email at all. A delivery was made after three days for another order - again no email and no money taken off until later! Looks like they are in a shambles. I can appreciate that they were thrown into chaos but maybe a few days shut down was called for so a proper inventory could be done and breathing space to get their house in order.

So the ring is back showing on their web for somebody else to buy? Even though they don't have it? That's disgraceful.

I'm so sorry PG. I hope this hasn't marred your anniversary? You know what - I'm a firm believer that if it's meant to be, it'll be. I reckon that something nicer will be just around the corner waiting for hubby's credit card to come to the rescue.

Big (((((hug)))))

oh I'm so sorry to hear that PG it's very dissapointing when you are so looking forward to receiving your order, I know before the break in I had a few orders in a row that they had one or two items that they couldn't supply and held up my order and it's only when I contacted them, that I found out what the problem was, stock control really does need to be better, hope you find something even better soon, hope it didn't spoil your anniversary too much x

Sorry to hear about your disappointment pg. Everything does seem to be a bit chaotic at rocks at the moment. There were a couple of items missing from my order after the burglary, but not even a note on the invoice to explain. I keep checking the website to see if one item I really wanted has been returned by someone (which might well have happened with your kunzite, or was it a one of a kind?), but no luck so far.
I know they are starting a new channel and I do wonder whether so much effort and time is being put into it, that Rocks is being pushed aside a bit. I have a longish list of improvements I would like to see to the website and cs (order history, search button, tv schedule, Rockstv button when in Coloured Rocks, emails confirming orders with order number, despatch email, email warning you your ten day basket limit is approaching etc.), but nothing has been changed for a long time and it's been over three months since they launched on Sky, surely that's enough time to get the website in order? :mysmilie_10:
I really do hope that something beautiful comes along for you.

Oh dear.......

Sorry to hear of your frustrating and disappointing anniversary purchases PG. You did your best to get some straight answers but things have badly gone awry for you here. Over to Amazon or TJC for something even better perhaps? :nod: And a belated congratulations for your Anniversary.
flower.gif
flower.gif

My one experience of buying with Rocks since they went 'live 'on TV was a bit different from previously. After checking out on the web and completing the order, I was informed I had successfully placed my order but was not given an order number or details of the purchase....and no confirmation emailed followed either! Is this the standard format these days?

I do think that GemsTV and QVC have the best post sales/delivery confirmation systems........ :cheeky:

Here's hoping something much nicer & better comes along :)

Unfortunately, I had problems with the in stock, out of stock, back on the website ages before the telly and the burgularly. Things started off so nicely for Rocks 'back in the day' as they really stood apart from the rest (in my opinion) now I can't be bothered

Yes "fings ain't wot they used to be".
Sent a ring back which was faulty,rang and asked if I could have a replacement,they said very sorry"out of stock".
Next day there are 6 same rings on auction.
Really Peeeed off.

Sorry to hear of your frustrating and disappointing anniversary purchases PG. You did your best to get some straight answers but things have badly gone awry for you here. Over to Amazon or TJC for something even better perhaps? :nod: And a belated congratulations for your Anniversary.
flower.gif
flower.gif

My one experience of buying with Rocks since they went 'live 'on TV was a bit different from previously. After checking out on the web and completing the order, I was informed I had successfully placed my order but was not given an order number or details of the purchase....and no confirmation emailed followed either! Is this the standard format these days?

I do think that GemsTV and QVC have the best post sales/delivery confirmation systems........ :cheeky:

I have noticed that. The first two items i ordered (one was early last december) and then again one in the new year, i received emails confirming my order, and emails informing me said orders had been despatched. But the las few orders i have done, never got an email, confirming order or anything, and i couldnt check on the web site, for delivery details - and when i placed this last order, i was given an order number over the telephone - but i didnt receive emails, it was i who had to do the ringing and asking where my order was - and then the only contact i do get, is the call on monday.

I am having a similar experience at the moment, I phoned for a ring being auctioned last Monday. Money from my bank was on hold from the Wednesday so assumed it would arrive with me on the Thursday but emailed them on Thursday lunchtime to ask how delivery works now (I have been buying on and off from them since August 2008). I got a phone call from them an hour later to apologise that the system said they had more rings than they actually had and could I choose something else and they would come to an agreed price. I said I would look then went to work that afternoon. While I was at work I had a phone call from rocks to call them back and also noticed the 'out of stock ring' was now back on coloured rocks site and I also had an email saying delivery is as it has always been, bought one day, shipped the next and recieved the day after although they had a few problems after the burgalry it was back to 'normal' now.
I phoned on Friday and re-ordered the same ring for the same price as it had already been cancelled, the lady on the phone was very nice and apologetic for the messing about I had had and said it would be with me on Tuesday (tomorrow). Well if it was going to be here tomorrow payment for it would be taken out today and my online banking shows no money taken out or on hold so I have emailed them to make sure it is not forgotten about as the same ring was auctioned again on Saturday. IF and when I get this delivery I will post to let you know wether it was worth the hassle, and wether I would bother again.
Its such a shame if this is the 'norm' now and I like the rest of you would like the confirmation emails back. Hope all this makes sense lol!

Stocks issues seem to be happening more and more with Rocks and it has been happening since before the robbery!! I think what makes the whole thing worse is that Rocks are leaving people hanging waiting for orders, they don't always contact people to let them know there has been a stock issue and orders just seems to be on "hold" and it is not until the customer contacts Rocks to find out where their order is that they get told about the stock issue.

I bought a watch in an auction and it didn't appear in my basket even though it had said "item secured" on screen. I contacted CS and was told it if it wasn't in my basket then I hadn't secured it and it was out of stock now. Hmmmmm!!! :rolleyes:

A hour or so later said watch had reappeared on the CR site so I contacted CS again and this time the person said they would pass my e-mail onto their manager. They contacted me a day or so later and they said they were going to highlight what had happened to me with their IT team as the watch was in stock there was no reason it should have gone out of stock as they had loads of them. She arranged that I could have one added to my order at the price it had gone to at auction.

It is disappointing that Rocks can no longer achieve the 3 day turnaround with orders that so many of us were used to. Since going on Sky and getting busier it can now be at least 2-3 days after ordering before your order is even shipped.

I think they must be just about the only company that doesn't send out an email confirming an order.
I checked out a large order with them this weekend, but have heard nothing of course and don't have a clue when to expect it. I'm sure it was the expansion onto Sky that has made a big difference, but I really don't understand how CS can go from brilliant to a right mess and then not be rectified over a three and a half month period.
We have no more direct interaction with them because they chose to withdraw from ST and I don't know if anybody from Rocks still reads this forum, but how will they know otherwise that it's getting a bit shambolic? When CS is really good, it's a pleasure to be a customer of a company, but if it continues like this, I'm not sure Rocks will be worth the bother any more. I don't think I'll be buying as much in future - what are they playing at? :mysmilie_503:

I got a phone call today that an order I checked out will have some missing items. Sorry, they said, just didn't have the stock. Then why did you auction it? Well, we thought it was there, but it wasn't. I have to admit I have never bought anything from TJC, but they are looking more tempting ATM.

I am locking this thread as the original poster in the thread has requested it be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back