Blueberry quartz help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

charlottegray

Registered Shopper
I've been tempted by the blueberry quartz on Rocks & Co and it always sells out quite quickly. However, I've just googled it and on 3 different websites it claims there is no such thing and it's usually glass.

Tony is taking about how rare it is and the mine it comes from etc?

HELP?

Hi CG
I bought a small B Quartz from QVC,they insist that it is a real gemstone but very limited in quantity.Mine was a .50ct in silver for £23.
If it had been any dearer I wouln't have kept it .
It's a rather uninteresting colour and quite dull,I like bright andf sparkly . Certainly wouldn't be tempted by Rock's prices for theirs.
Sorry for the cold water but better to give an honest opinion.

Thanks for honest opinion. Know what you mean about it being dull. Yes Rocks & Co prices are silly. They usually have about 100 pairs of the earrings and they sell out. You got a great price on yours.

Still if I have some extra £££ will give it a go knowing I can always return it. They had quite a large selection today.

Gems TV also had blueberry quartz for a while, and it IS a real gemstone. Basically, it's amethyst with a bluish tone. (I have some from Gems, and it just looks exactly like any other amethyst to me, although I once had some from QVC which I returned, and that was bluer.)

Think of a washed out tanzanite but with lots of grey tones and you've got blueberry quartz. Quartz is a cheap stone (Amethyst, Citrine etc) so it should never be expensive to buy. I got one years ago (so not as rare as Rocks and Co will lead you to believe :) ) and it was very uninteresting as NannieA has said. Why don't you see if QVC has some (or even look on Ebay to see if there's any on there). I most definitely wouldn't pay Rocks and Co prices.

Thanks everyone for all your information. That is a very interesting post Klosblue answered all my questions. Rocks & Co must be laughing all the way to the bank. If I'm so inclined I will definitely go elsewhere.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back