Clearance Prices???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
I don't think so!! I've seen at least 2 items this morning auctioned at the same price as before 'clearance' i.e. Iliana w/g ruby & diamond cluster earrings £299.95 and the 14K floral multi sapphire bracelet they just can't get shot of for £1299.95. These clearnce events are just a joke. :rolleyes:

PLUS you only get 10 days to return items bought in a 'clearance', rather than the usual 30!

They are always the same prices and it drives me mad they know they have hundreds/thousands(?) of regular viewers and customers, so why bang on about what a fab clearance price it is when most of us are fully aware it is the NORMAL everyday price!

I see on the front page news that sunday is going to be a miss it miss out day, does that mean its your final chance to buy, with no clocks?
I assume miss it miss out, means we will never see them again, and to get rid of the items I assume we will see live falling price auctions.
Hmmmm lets see lol

They've been doing a clearance at the end of every month now for 2 years. It's annoying enough but when the prices are the same it's even worse. I think tomorrow's "surprise" is going to be another "under" day. That's what it usually is when they call it a "surprise".

They are always the same prices and it drives me mad they know they have hundreds/thousands(?) of regular viewers and customers, so why bang on about what a fab clearance price it is when most of us are fully aware it is the NORMAL everyday price!

Absolutely right, you may see the odd item if you are lucky. Interesting they use the word "clearance", not sure it equates to price reduction except in your mind?:down:

They use the word clearance and then follow it up with statements like 'prices lower or as low as you've ever seen them before' and the use of the word 'lower' is what leads people to believe it's some kind of sale with reduced prices, which isn't the case, it's just devious marketing. :down:

They use the word clearance and then follow it up with statements like 'prices lower or as low as you've ever seen them before' and the use of the word 'lower' is what leads people to believe it's some kind of sale with reduced prices, which isn't the case, it's just devious marketing. :down:

Precisely - they also makes those statements from time to time when it's not clearance, which is not always the case!!

...the break auction right now is .25ct diamond earrings, the white gold solitaire ones, they are on for £145.95 ... werent they selling for less at Christmas?

oh well, the clearance is saving me loads of money, have just switched over!

They've been doing a clearance at the end of every month now for 2 years. It's annoying enough but when the prices are the same it's even worse. I think tomorrow's "surprise" is going to be another "under" day. That's what it usually is when they call it a "surprise".

I think I've sussed out what Sunday's "suprise" is, after Rocks went off air on freeview tonight there was a caption saying that they were on Channel 84 from midnight! I checked on TJC's web site and it says that they are available from 10 pm to 2 am on freeview channel 32!:happy::mysmilie:mysmilie_500:

I think I've sussed out what Sunday's "suprise" is, after Rocks went off air on freeview tonight there was a caption saying that they were on Channel 84 from midnight! I checked on TJC's web site and it says that they are available from 10 pm to 2 am on freeview channel 32!:happy::mysmilie:mysmilie_500:

Hope you're right DD, I'll be able to fall asleep watching at a more reasonable time!!! :sleepy:

Do you mean Rocks & Co rather than Rocks?:wave:

I'm really pi$$ed off with TJC. Clearance? I don't think so. It's a joke. There are no bargains, no deals etc.

I watched Jim Brooman this afternoon say there was going to be an under £300 Iliana hour. Then he proceeded to sell nearly everything for the next two hours at way over £300.

I'm really pi$$ed off with TJC

I'm with you there which is a bit sad, haven't made a significant purchase since last autumn, probably a good thing. Enjoy the "under" days, but have to call a halt! The rest has moved out of my comfort zone I'm afraid, high prices, lower gold weights - + boring designs. Understand their problems, but won't be making anymore impulse buys :sad:

Hope you're right DD, I'll be able to fall asleep watching at a more reasonable time!!! :sleepy:

Do you mean Rocks & Co rather than Rocks?:wave:

Sorry yes I did mean Rocks & co, slip of the fingers and like you will look forward to less late nights:giggle:

TJC swap there hours around on freeview all the time
they were originally 7-9, then 10-2, then 12-2, and now back to 10-2 lol

On the Sky EPG its saying Tanzanite Clearance between 9 and 10pm........but it doesn't seem like it.....had some diamond pieces on also! And what's up with Derek, he seems a bit lacklustre this evening........compared to his usual lively self?
P'haps he's feeling a bit poorly.....
:sad:

He was coughing and spluttering yesterday Sacha, and had an extremely croaky voice, so I would imagine he's feeling lousy ATM.

I like these days .... cant wear silver or platinum overlay, so dont bother watching at all!

Latest posts

Back