Delighted...... Then Gutted!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lynda

Registered Shopper
My Magnolia Morganite pendant arrived at the end of last week (sorry not posted before, bit under the weather and looking for camera meant moving loads of stuff :eek:).

Without doubt it is gorgeous and a perfect colour.......

Jewellery184-1.jpg

Thought you might like to see Oliver helping me photograph it :rolleyes:!

Jewellery186-1.jpg

So naturally I'm delighted with the piece, but, I paid £166 and I just saw it go for £129!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!!!!!

I know Gemstv no longer offer the price pledge and I never used it in the past for the sake of a couple of quid, but I asked a supervisor - as a gesture of goodwill - if they would refund me the difference to save me returning it and keeping the next one instead but they flatly refused. I don't even know why I'm surprised.

I will possibly hang on to it as now they know who I am and why I'm pissed off, the replacement might have an awful colour and I will end up sending that back too. On the other hand I'm livid and just might chuck it right at them and go back to not watching again!

So now you know why I'm also gutted!:mad:!:mad:!:mad:!:mad:!

Poo! I hate it when that happens, it used to be great when they price pledged, and used it several times, then you always thought you were getting a really good deal.

The only way to look at it is that you were happy to pay £166 for it, and it's certainly a beautiful piece, if you hadn't seen it for £37 less, you would be delighted, so unless you really, really don't want to keep it, maybe you just have to forget you saw it for less. I understand how mean it is of Gems not to give you a refund, especially after all the business you've put their way, but they're not the GemsTV of old, as we all know.

:doggie:

I had that problem to, with an Amethyst and diamond white gold necklace, I got it for £59 but then a few days later they let it go for £47 then, about 2 weeks later I looked on their website and you could buy it for £45 or put in a bid for £40.

What a rip :mad:

It does take the edge of the enjoyment, unfortunately.

I bought an ex-demo ring from the web games for £40, thought it was a fair price if not a bargain, then the day it arrived saw another (non ex-demo) for £30.

That was bad enough, but when my ex-demo turned out to be faulty, CS then offered me the other ring (last of stock) for £46:eek:

Gave up at that point:mad:

So sorry that the price difference has taken the excitement out of getting your pendant Lynda. Does it help any to know that it also sold for £189! It looks like it has a great saturation of colour and Oliver obviously likes it! What a cutie.:) I got 3 Morganites last week and only one had any depth of colour. What are the chances that if you ordered another, that you'd get one as nice?

It really looks gorgeous in the photo. I think you've hit the jackpot getting one as nice tbh. Please let us know what you decide to do. Hope you're feeling better now. M xx

wow that morganite colour looks to die for love Oliver helping photograph it

what i will say is that if you were happy to pay £166 for it and you never saw it go for the £129 you would still be happy with it so i`d keep it and not worry about it

So sorry that the price difference has taken the excitement out of getting your pendant Lynda. Does it help any to know that it also sold for £189! It looks like it has a great saturation of colour and Oliver obviously likes it! What a cutie.:) I got 3 Morganites last week and only one had any depth of colour. What are the chances that if you ordered another, that you'd get one as nice?

It really looks gorgeous in the photo. I think you've hit the jackpot getting one as nice tbh. Please let us know what you decide to do. Hope you're feeling better now. M xx

Yes it does help Melusina, thank-you! I feel even sorrier for those who paid even more than I did though :(.

I know what you mean about being disappointed with the lack of colour in some of the Morganite pieces, I've lost count of how many I've sent back in the past, that's why I was so thrilled with this one. I'm even trying to convince myself that they dropped the prices for the ones that did not come up to scratch, but I know that's twaddle and it's just a lottery whether or not it has any colour - whatever they call it!

Thanks everyone for being so kind and making me feel better.

I will probably have to keep it anyway as I've already taken the ****** tag off! Oh a pox on Gemstv! :eek:

Poo! I hate it when that happens, it used to be great when they price pledged, and used it several times, then you always thought you were getting a really good deal.

The only way to look at it is that you were happy to pay £166 for it, and it's certainly a beautiful piece, if you hadn't seen it for £37 less, you would be delighted, so unless you really, really don't want to keep it, maybe you just have to forget you saw it for less. I understand how mean it is of Gems not to give you a refund, especially after all the business you've put their way, but they're not the GemsTV of old, as we all know.

:doggie:

I agree with you totally M4G, it depends on how much you like it. I've had it happen several times but I've also had it go the other way and bought something for a lot less than it's subsequently gone for. It really is swings and roundabouts. If you love it don't risk letting it go, as Melusina said, you may not get one as good again.

I've recently bought some maricota amblygonite through PS because I hadn't seen any go to air and I was getting fed up of waiting. If I do see it go for less then yes, I shall be annoyed but what if I never see it? In a couple of months time I'll have forgotten what I paid for it but I'll still have a piece of jewellery that I love. Your pendant is really gorgeous. :D

I was so chuffed to get my pink diamond ring for £999, thought it was worth every penny and was pleased to see all 5 go for that price as there were only 5 made (it went in one plunge) so we all paid the final, eh-hem, low price. Then less than a day after the 10 day money back guarentee had expired I couldn't believe my eyes when the same ring sold for an amazing £749. Gutted was not the word for how I felt. I phoned straight away but was told price pledge was a long time ago so...tough. I wouldn't have been quite so distraught if it had only been a couple of tenners but £250 :eek: I made my mind up never to shop with them again...so much for ALL of us paying the final low price, someone got an even lower one! Anyhoo, after looking at my collection of gems for the thread about our favorite pieces I realized for each time something like that happened I had a fair collection of bargains and guess what...I'm back shopping with them...must be nuts :D. Hope this cheers you up Lynda, you have a beauty there and your sting wasn't as bad as mine.

You're all absolutely right of course and I will take it on the chin.

I suppose it just brings back the memory of a similar thing happening on IW several years ago when I bought some beautiful pieces when told to 'buy now before the price increase which will happen in the new year' only to see them reduced to half price a few months later and someone bought them for a thousand pounds less!!!! I did manage to get some of it back though - although it took a year of writing -as I could prove what was said on the exact day purchase for one of the items. I then vowed to only buy from clearance in future ;).

I honestly expected better from Gemstv as their CS was second to none a while back and so many on here had great experiences shopping with them, but I now see how much has changed.

I do love the pendant and believe it would cost even more elsewhere and I will stop moaning now - honest! :eek:

Lynda you're still well within your 10 day MBG so why don't you just quickly order another one at £129 and keep the best one?? You can then send the other one back for a refund on the £169 order. It's the same item so it doesn't matter which one you return. :pPC:

Lynda you're still well within your 10 day MBG so why don't you just quickly order another one at £129 and keep the best one?? You can then send the other one back for a refund on the £169 order. It's the same item so it doesn't matter which one you return. :pPC:

Great idea Sue! It arrived last Thursday, I just checked and orders are saying Weds delivery, so you are right in saying I am within the 10 days, but - and it's a big but - even if they let me have one for £129 (TBH I doubt the PS would and I was too slow, or rather poxy IE was too slow to snatch one earlier, kept saying too late with some left :mad:) There's no guarantee I will be fit enough to get to the P.O. on the Thursday or Friday to return the second pendant with the first invoice to beat the deadline. Dave has no P.O. near work and Sian often gets no lunch break at the vets, so it would be down to me.

No, I've decided to take the lazy way out and put it out of my mind. I had a renewed zest for buying sparklies, but emptied my basket and just looking at all I might have ordered and fancied ordering on TV, they've saved me more in the longrun ;) :rolleyes: :D

I won't vow never to buy, but I'm in no hurry to give them any more dosh yet!

Well Lynda it wouldn't hurt them to just match the price for you. In the 'old days' when they actually cared about good cs they would have done. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Hi Lynda,

Of course you must feel hacked off at the moment, but my first thought on seeing your photo was wow! It's a gorgeous pendant and a stunning colour, and £166 is a great price for what you've got there. Wear it and enjoy all the comments you're bound to get.

And Oliver is beautiful :)

I know how you feel about this Lynda! My husband bought me for my anniversary (amongst others!) a Sphene ring. He paid £129 for it and a few days after my birthday I saw it go for £69!!!!!! As he had bought it a couple of weeks before I was too late to send it back but I felt physically sick that he had paid so much more for it. It took the shine of the ring for me which is perhaps a bit silly. I managed to distract him so he didn't see the price it went for but he did see it another time going for £89. To have paid £60 more than others did is ridiculous. £10 maybe as that's how it goes sometimes but 6 times that - NO.

Like you Lynda, after a piece of bad customer service, I didn't say "never again". But it did affect my attitude to GTV - I immediately emptied my basket & haven't bought anything since.

If I saw anything I really wanted, I would buy it, but I've yet to see anything I wanted so badly it could overcome my distrust of GTV. Of course, it all coincided with the dreadful website, so it has been easy!

Loved your pendant & loved inquisitive Oliver. Enjoy both & forget the rest. The same thing happens in sales.

Meggie

Thank you all again folks. It's lovely to have such positive comments on the pendant -and Oliver - as I do love them both, although my feelings toward him were anything but loving when he brought a mouse in about an hour ago!!! :eek: :D

It seems that I am far from alone in being disappointed with Gemstv's CS and erratic pricing!

One thing I don't understand though, if they are now having timed auctions, surely they don't have to crash loads lower than they previously did just days before? Or do they just want to pish off the regulars?

Oh well once bitten and all that, think I'll stick to ebay. :rolleyes:

Hi Lynda, so glad you liked your necklace. It looks absolutely beautiful, as does your cat.:)
Your necklace is certainly a wondrful colour and I know that is what you were hoping for.
Sorry to hear that you then saw it go for less. I think with auction games that is just the luck of the draw and how busy it is at the time etc.
I have had it go both ways. I've seen some items go for less but plenty go for more so for me it balances out. I've been lucky and most have gone for more than I paid but not all. Win some lose some.

I think if I remeber rightly you bought your necklace on the first Morganite hour at the same time as I bought my Morganite ring. I think it was very busy and to be fair many items sold out on the first crash, or certainly on the second one. I believe that was true of your necklace. It was so beautiful it just went. I think on subsequent viewings a lot of the people who wanted it had nabbed it first time round so it went lower. Just think, you may have missed out if you'd waited.

I wasn't around when they used to match the price of previous games. Wow! That was a deal.
Anyway enjoy wearing your necklace. I have had some very admiring comments about my ring.

What a bliddy gorgeous pendant Lynda, I hope it is all you wish for when you wear it.

I know it has had some of the gloss knocked off it, but it's the chance we take when bidding on items live - it all depends on who is watching whenever the item goes to air. Life is full of chance and happenstance and if onlys.

It does not stop the pendant from being absolutely lush and of course you wouldn't find it elsewhere for the price you paid - so it is still a bargain all things considered.

Focus on the positive and forget the negative cos there's many of us who would love to own that pendant!!

It's a beautiful pendant Lynda.

Had you decided to go for a replacement you would be paying an extra lot of P&P plus more P&P to send one back which narrows the gap on the price of the pendant a bit more. Still very annoying though.

Latest posts

Back