Iron broken down - who do I contact?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Zaney

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice.

I bought a Polti Steam Generator Iron from IW in November. Sadly, it has stopped working. The boiler is not heating and no steam is being produced (maybe the element has gone??)

Should I get in touch with Ideal World or go straight to Polti? I have to say that my experience of IW customer services has not been great in the past.

Grateful for any advice or stories of outcome of similar problems.

Thanks all,

Zaney

By law, your contract is with Ideal World - it is their legal obligation to deal with it. However you have the option to go directly to Polti but be aware, once you do that, you are freeing IW of any legal obligation to help you.

HTH

Rich

I think the thanks button is the thumbs-up pic on the bottom right of each message.

Good luck with getting it fixed.

Rich

Did you get anywhere, Zaney?

Keep stating their own "1 year guarantee" in all correspondence, it is one of their strong selling points, afterall.

I hope it's all painless for you :confused:

Hi Anna-Key,

IW are sending a courier to pick up the iron tomorrow. It will then be "assessed" by their quality control team (I'm not entirely sure what that means as I would imagine that it would have to be sent to Polti to be opened up).

Anyway, we shall see - waiting anxiously wearing crumpled clothes!

Thanks for asking.

Zaney

Two weeks later....

I received a very oddly worded letter from IW stating that I had received a refund to my card. I checked and, yes, it's there.

Not terrible customer service but not great either. There was no communication despite my requests for a status update. No-one asked me if I wanted a replacement or a refund.

Still, I'm pleased to have my money back. I'll be off to John Lewis for a new iron in the morning.

I think I'm through with IW. It's just not worth the hassle!

Zaney

Glad they refunded you - did they also refund your original postage?

Rich

They didn't refund postage but I e-mailed them to ask. I got a reply yesterday which thanked me for my order and set out a delivery schedule for my iron (all with dates in Nov 09). WHAT!!! :confused:

No mention of postage refund.

I think I'll leave it. The customer service folks obviously live in a parallel universe!!

As Anna-Key said. The refund was quick (considering it had to wing it's way 6 months into the future)!!

Last edited:
Well I did decide to email and ask for my postage back.

After about 2 weeks customer services called tonight and told me that it isn't possible to refund postage after 14 days. I asked the gentleman to close my account and, apparently, this also is not possible!

What a joke this company is!

Zaney

They didn't refund postage but I e-mailed them to ask. I got a reply yesterday which thanked me for my order and set out a delivery schedule for my iron (all with dates in Nov 09). WHAT!!! :confused:

No mention of postage refund.

I think I'll leave it. The customer service folks obviously live in a parallel universe!!

As Anna-Key said. The refund was quick (considering it had to wing it's way 6 months into the future)!!

Hi Zaney, have you checked your account to see if the iron has been added to it. Be aware that they keep your payent details so they could in theory, send you another iron and charge you for without you even realising it. Something very similar happened to me a couple of years ago. Take care. J.

Latest posts

Back