A reprieve...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
Of sorts. Got home from work this evening and straight away logged on to look at Rocks.tv to see what I was missing. Internet very slow, I thought. Husband gets home logs onto his computer and starts grumbling about slowness. After further investigation, it appears we have exceeded our download allowance - get this - because I have been watching too much video!! :eek: I didn't even know we had a blimmin download limit!
So, we are now to be rationed and it means our internet speed will not be up to watching any more Rocks.tv for a while. At least it means my bank balance will have chance to recover.

Am gutted though :(

When we signed up with them they were shouting about unlimited downloads now if they don't like how you use the net they throw the fair usage policy at you.

That's rotten Lily

Question for tecchie people - there are two streams on Rocks Tv, high quality and standard video.

If your download limit is restricted like Lily's does it make a lot of difference to watch on standard video?

I just tried watching on 'no video' but that doesn't give any sound:(

Yes, watching standard quality is more economical of bandwidth. At the moment I can't even get that to work though. My only option is to watch without video, but it's not very satisfactory.
As Rocks is only on from 5 - 11 and Virgin's traffic restriction period is from 4 - Midnight, I hope it doesn't affect too many of Rocks customers.

As Rocks is only on from 5 - 11 and Virgin's traffic restriction period is from 4 - Midnight, I hope it doesn't affect too many of Rocks customers.

that's a very good point, it may well affect lots of people. Are Rocks aware of this I wonder?

That is so carp for you Lily. I never even thought about that before now so thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention - not good for you though!

I'm with o2 - only £7.99 a month for unlimited downloads so hopefully I'll be ok. Like most though they have a Fair Usage Policy but they email you to warn you before anything happens. Fingers crossed I'm OK.

Lily hope you get something sorted really soon x

Pepsidoodle if you have a look at the link I posted ^^in post no 13, it is all explained there.
They take the top 5% of the heaviest users each week and restrict them between the hours of 4pm & Midnight for the next week.
I didn't realise this, and I had been watching Rocks in high quality every evening for several hours and it was obviously enough to catapult me to the top of the pile :( So now I can't watch it at all for the next 7 days, only without sound & video, which rather defeats the object. Pah!, am so cross.

Latest posts

Back