Personal shopper rip-off?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

genuineshopper

Registered Shopper
OK I know the personal shopper people work on commission but are they getting a bit desperate?

I have had a long-standing request out for an item. Ironically, I'd bought it back in January then sent it back and regretted it ever since. I didn't get it in the sale.

Someone from PS called me today and said they had something in very similar. Would I like it? I asked for a discount as I'd bought a lot of high priced items recently (and I mean a lot - for a charity auction, sadly, not for me). She went away from the phone. I now think she just waited a couple of minutes then came back on the line and said she didn't think "they" would take any money off as one had already sold at that price. I was rushing to go out and so didn't challenge her though I noted it seemed like she hadn't actially asked "they/them" for the discount. I was just so pleased they'd found this item, so I said OK and bought it, unseen.

When I got home I dug out the nunber of the original item I'd returned. It was different to the new item code. I felt reassured. But then I did a TJC picture search. Low and behold it's the same item as the one I sent back in January, down to the exact design and carat weight. I paid £100 less in January.

I had reason to call PS again today about another matter. I rang the same person and told them what I had discovered. She sounded a bit thrown. She said that was strange as it was a new item which had never been aired before.

Uh? It can't have sold at the higher price she charged me AND be a new, unaired item.

I've been "had" for a pony, methinks. I shall want to keep the item when it comes so presumably the commission gets paid.

Feeling a bit put out I suppose. Yes I know they have to recoup admin costs when people send back items then reorder them, and I know the call centre people don't get paid much, but £100? This same person tried to be matey and wants me to call them again with my orders. Er, no thanks.

I just might send the piece back and watch diligently for it to be re-auctioned. Most likely I'll get it for £100 less.

What a waste of time and postage costs.

Hum.

Lindsay

Genuineshopper, you have my sympathy. I certainly wouldn't be happy about being misled about an item - 'similar' is quite different from 'same'. I would give them another call and try to get them to send a pre-paid return envelope as it's their mistake. V. annoying!

Hi Lindsay

There was a particular high end piece that I'd seen so I rang PS with the item code to see if they had one, they did, as I spend a lot of money with them every month I tried to negociate a discount on it which they wouldn't do as they said that everytime it was on they always sold it at that price. Months later I gave in and ordered it but althought I absolutley loved it I returned it, I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a single piece of jewellery. Late one night several months later they auctioned it again and this time I bought it for £500 less than the original, just shows that sometimes if you wait you get what you want at a better price! :mysmilie_378:

Latest posts

Back