Colours of Tourmaline

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Several times I've heard VB say "pink and Green are the rarest colours of Tourmaline". Correct me if I'm wrong (and I could be as I'm not always perfect, just most of the time :giggle: ) but I would have thought that Paraiba, Rubellite, Watermelon, Chrome Tourmaline and Indicolite as well as all the Bi-Colour Tourmalines, are all rarer than the Pink and Green?

Indicolite.....

I've bumped up your thread Klos as it raises an interesting point. Whilst I've seen plenty of Pink and the more expensive Green Tourmaline for sale on the jewellery channels recently, there has not been much in the way of Indicolite.

I know very little about this variety of tourmaline and would be grateful for any info as to its pricing and collectability.
MTIA

Whilst on holiday last year, I met a woman who had a gorgeous large Indicolite and a Watermelon tourmaline. She'd bought them at the Tucson Gem Fayre, and had them made in to rings. I didn't like to ask how much they were, but from what she'd said they weren't exorbitantly expensive. Sorry, totally off the subject, and a useless post :grin:

It's like most gemstones, good ones will attract high prices and then there are those that don't! Typically Indicolite is the name given to blue tourmaline. A great Indicolite is gorgeous and sumptious and just incredibly beautiful. A bad one looks grey or black!

In terms of pricing, you can buy very good quality Tourmalines (precision cut) at reasonable prices irrespective of colour.

I wouldn't say that pink or green are the most expensive because where does that leave Paraiba Tourmaline? :giggle: A pink tourmaline can be horrible and verging on brown in some lights, some green is so dark it's almost black so not as attractive.

Sorry, I know this post is a bit wishy washy but there's no easy answer other than the presenter was, I'm afraid, talking out an orifice not designed to speak! Pink and green are no more expensive or rare than some other colours of Tourmaline.

Piccie of what I consider to be a stunning Indicolite attached!

Thanks......

Many thanks for your help ladies, not having seen Indicolite in the flesh.......I'd no idea what's good and what's not. What prompted me to ask is that there's pair of Indicolite earrings in the Gems clearance section....what's left of it!

They look really pretty, and the colour looks lovely (but what do I know :grin: )

They're very pretty Sacha and a great price. In terms of colour they're a bit too grey but are still lovely and it would be rude not to get them for a look! :)

A great Indicolite is gorgeous and sumptious and just incredibly beautiful.

:wave: I was very lucky to grab an Illiana blue Indicolite ring a couple of years ago. It's my favourite piece and the colour is amazing. Have not seen one since when I've been watching, would recommend anyone to grab one if you get the chance :up:

:wave: I was very lucky to grab an Illiana blue Indicolite ring a couple of years ago. It's my favourite piece and the colour is amazing. Have not seen one since when I've been watching, would recommend anyone to grab one if you get the chance :up:

WOW any photos or links of your ring? i'd love to see it x

Latest posts

Back