Tony Diniz you're having a laugh!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Feeling bored and unable to watch TJC as 'Screaching Stacey' was on, I found myself having a wee look to see if Rocks & Co were still in business. Very surprisingly they were and I happened to land on Channel 666 just when they were trying desperately to sell a Colombian Emerald ring.

Well! Mr Diniz was giving it his usual patter overkill going on about how this was the best Colombian Emerald you would ever see etc. etc. If you were looking for a highly treated, oil/wax/resin filled Colombian Emerald, with absolutely no inner glow, then fine but would anyone in their right mind even consider paying the £3,499 they were trying to get for it! It did eventually drop to £2999 before they put the clock on and of course didn't sell it. Jerrilee couldn't believe that nobody bought it - despite the graphics saying "Everyone Pays £2999"!! It's sad that they obviously have her brainwashed too.

I saw a Colombian Emerald ring on TJC the other night. It was 2 carats (the R & C one was 1.76 carats), Iliana so had SI diamonds as opposed to the VS diamonds in the R & C ring. However, the difference between the Colombian Emeralds was like night and day. The TJC one was beautiful and had all the attributes of what a Colombian Emerald should look like. The price? A mere £800. I know which one I'd have and it wouldn't be the R & C one which looked just like a piece of green glass.

I really don't know how this lot are still in business. Operating for only 5 hours a day and trying to sell massively overpriced and highly treated gemstones, I really wonder who in their right mind would buy from them.

Here is the ring and also proof from their website that all their Colombian Emeralds are highly treated - something Mr Diniz forgot to mention!

Attachments

• R & C Colombian Emerald.jpg
    R & C Colombian Emerald.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 807
  • R & C Colombian Emerald Treatments.jpg
    R & C Colombian Emerald Treatments.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 396
Think I saw the emerald on TJC Klosblue and it was gorgeous. I couldn't believe the reasonable price.

Aren't Rocks & Co supposed to declare fissure filled, I know TJC does.

With Vicki away for 3 weeks, will it be the Jerrilee and Tony show?

Awww, sorry to hear you were feeling bored Klos. I keep forgetting about R&C now that they have moved outside of my usual range of 640 - 652 on Sky shopping channels!

I like the design of the CE, but it is helluva price for what it is. :smirk:

And they may use VS diamonds as accents but in my limited experience of a piece I returned, they were so small as to be almost invisible and were overpowered by the prongs. The TJC ring oth sounds very good value and we know their Illiana diamonds will be good uns!

Ooh...is Vicky about to be married?

Think I saw the emerald on TJC Klosblue and it was gorgeous. I couldn't believe the reasonable price.

Aren't Rocks & Co supposed to declare fissure filled, I know TJC does.

With Vicki away for 3 weeks, will it be the Jerrilee and Tony show?

Unfortunately there aren't any rules regarding them disclosing treatments although I believe there should be. TJC are the only ones who do it so hats off to them for being so honest.

You mean you actually missed her mention it a million and ten times:cheeky:

:grin:

I can't believe I'm actually about to say something in Rocks&Co defence but ....... virtually 90-95% of Emeralds on the market today are oiled, waxed, dyed and/or filled. This is actually normal practice where Emeralds are concerned. Unfortunately, the majority of vendors don't disclose and these treatments are not long lasting and do need repeating (between 5 to 10 years). It is actually quite rare to find an Emerald that hasn't had one of the above treatments - although if you're lucky enough to have an inherited ring (over 70 years old) and the Emerald is of an age, there's a chance it's untreated or may just have been oiled. Emeralds have been oiled for centuries and it's only those Emeralds with a lack of jardin (a good thing) that wouldn't be oiled. Oils dry out over time and can leave an Emerald looking a bit "odd". If you use a sonic cleaner or harsh abrasives when cleaning an Emerald ring (not that you should) the chances are fillings can be dislodged and if you've ever seen an Emerald with a dislodged filling you'll know it's not a pretty sight!

Having said all that it's now time for a good laugh!!! :happy: Tony Diniz cannot seriously be trying to flog Emeralds for that price when he must KNOW what the competition are selling for? Unfortunately this has been Rocks&Co's modus operandi from the start i.e. hyke the prices up and pretend the gem is the rarest/best in the world! :headbang: They're either desperate to sell or absolutely rubbish marketeers!

As for TJC? They've got some of the best Emeralds you can buy at the moment within a price range that doesn't require a second mortgage.

Told yer I don't watch much......:happy:
Actually I knew she was engaged but didn't know the wedding may be imminent......
Wedding.gif

I don't watch at all, and I've still heard her mention it a million and ten times :grin:

I didn't know Vicky was getting married either but then I've never watched this channel.

Who's the lucky man?

Someone who works at Rocks Fluffster. They're getting hitched today.

I can't believe I'm actually about to say something in Rocks&Co defence but ....... virtually 90-95% of Emeralds on the market today are oiled, waxed, dyed and/or filled. This is actually normal practice where Emeralds are concerned. Unfortunately, the majority of vendors don't disclose and these treatments are not long lasting and do need repeating (between 5 to 10 years). It is actually quite rare to find an Emerald that hasn't had one of the above treatments - although if you're lucky enough to have an inherited ring (over 70 years old) and the Emerald is of an age, there's a chance it's untreated or may just have been oiled.

Do you know, that's perked me right up when I am feeling down. I have a beautiful antique emerald inherited from my grandmas which is over a hundred years old and has cost me a fortune in getting it reclawed - I have often worried about the emerald and whether it needs treating, but that sounds like good news.

n x

Latest posts

Back