Why bother...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daniel H

Registered Shopper
Why do the Sit Up channels bother branding 30 and 60 minute segments on the EPG when they seem to never match up with whats been sold?

Right no on Bid TV it says 'GROOMING FOR HIM' - what are they selling???

LADIES PERFUME!

The titles which are on the EPG guide are usually correc, but as it is LIVE and they only move on when the quantity has gone or they run out of time, they cant always be ontime.

So it on the EPG guide it said 11:00 'Beautiful bedrooms' and it was 11:10, you know it would be comming up soon.

The presenters are on from 3.5 hours and 99% of the time they sell what is on the EPG, the only person to change this is Peter Simon, who muddles his items up!

Just looked on Bid tv, and it says 'Stay in bed with memorymoam' and they are selling memoryfoam and 'Spring clearance event' on price-drop tv, and guess what? It is clearance!!

ALSO it says Memoryfoam at 6:30 on price-drop, and the assistant just said comming up in 2 products time is Memoryfoam! So really, they are good, but as they are LIVE they will never start bang on time like IW and QVC as they move on regardless.

What else are they mean to put on the EPg then? If people dont have the internet, im sure people watching would prefer to have an idea what is comming up other than saying 'Smashing prices' - If you dont like it, egnore it!! :D

I've tuned in many a time when they've not been selling what's on the EPG and NOT just when Peter Simon is on. I've seen Jewellery in Home and Garden hours, T-Shirts in Perfume hours, you name it!

These channels were so much better without the themed hours, anyway.

I too nearly always tune in and the EPG says something completely different as to what they are selling, I also agree it was much better without the themed hours at sit-up!

Its correct at the moment;

'Electrical store' and they are selling a slow cooker and about to sell a jump starter, but in 5 minutes it is going to change to 'Garden living' which will be a few minutes late as they are behind......so if you look at 11:32 it will be wrong, but at 11:35 it will be correct if you get what I mean?!?

I agree with you on the themed hours, and I also disagree. They are good, as if you are into electrical stuff, there is a whole hour of it for you, but if you dont like it, you are stuffed, as there wont be anything you like for an hour (unless you change to PD or SA) I dont liked the themed days though!!

^^^^^^^^^
I do understand! It is very rare for them not to sell what is on the EPG completly. It may now be correct when you look as they may be well behind time.....take this for an example;

When it was stephen gayford art evening from 6:30-8:00, it actually ran from 6:30-9:00, making the schedule 1 hour out!

So the 'electrical store' which is meant to be on between 8:00-8:30 and 'Jewellery box' between 8:30-9:00 would both me an hour behind!!

Looking at bid tv now and price-drop, they are both selling what the EPG says!

I would like you to tune in to both channels 5 times randomly in the next week and see how many times they are actually wrong! from what ive done over the last few days, Ive looked 12 times and 9 have been correct, but the 3 which werent were just running late, and where on within the next 15 minutes!

Latest posts

Back